DHBC Juniors Training & News 8th December 2010

For all things Velodrome
michellebrown

Postby michellebrown » 09 Dec 2010, 15:55

Hi everyone,
Great to see you all again this week after rain closed the track last Wednesday. Good luck to all the riders competing in the Sydney Metro Junior Titles and the Southern Cross Junior Open On Saturday.

A fast and competitive session from coach Phil Kelly with lots of racing - I'm sure everyone slept well Wednesday night. The results have been emailed as usual. Congratulations to Ben Bower (St George) who won the Wheel Race at the end of the session. Aaron Frater (LACC) continues to impress and challenge the U17s. Great effort from the U9/U11 riders who worked hard all session inspite of their tender years.

DHBC U17 Mens Sprint
Our team certainly rose to the occasion with a personal best of just more than 58-seconds at Dunc Gray Velodrome last Sunday. Unfortunately they were beaten to the bronze sprint off by just one tenth of a second. We are immensely proud of them never-the-less, and it's an historic moment for our Club to field the first junior team in decades. Looking forward to the other team events this season with relish now. Adolfo Leon - Velez has posted some great pics and a video of their ride on his Facebook pages. Thanks heaps to the families that supported our team, we couldn't have done it without you - especially Simon Bolton who stepped up to be a handler at short notice.

Point Score
(Drum Roll please) I'm pleased to announce the winners of the cumulative point score for 2010 are:

1st Hugo Venville 24 points
2nd Tom Bolton 22 points
3rd Hannah Kelly & Bill Bolton 21 points

Well done you all! Prizes, sausages and other Christmas cheer will be handed out after juniors training next Wednesday around 7pm for those of you who can make it. Please let me know by email if you are coming so I can get the catering right: trevort@bigpond.net.au

Medals :mrgreen:
Phil Kelly from the Southern Cross Club is a firm friend of our club, having turned up week after week to open up and coach junior riders at Tempe. We can't thank him enough for his efforts. His constructive, encouraging, firm and calm approach and unfailing good humour has been a key element in the success of juniors training at Tempe. Unfortunately Phil and daughter Hannah can't make it to next week's celebrations, but we hope they have a restful and fun festive season and that we see them back at Tempe, with all the other Southern Cross riders in the New Year. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all!

The DHBC Christmas Party
is on the 21st of December, upstairs at the Newington Hotel in Petersham. Tickets available for $10 from Jessica Norman at the track next Wednesday. It would be helpful if you could RSVP to her through the DHBC forum, so numbers can be determined for catering purposes.

Road Racing
I'm arranging an excursion for DHBC Junior riders with road bikes to the Southern Cross Club races on Sunday morning, when they resume in the new year. We would ride to the races with the Waterfall C25's as a warm up and drive home after the race. Let me know if you're interested in participating. You will need a valid racing licence to compete at Southern Cross or you'd be welcome just to come along and check it out.

That's all for now - till next time,
Keep rolling!
Michelle Brown
DHBC Juniors
0412 442 550

Return to “Track”