Which colour for brave Tomáš? *** Voting close Tue 15Dec ***

Bicycle related chatter & discussion
G

Postby G » 12 Dec 2009, 10:02

Our young cyclist Tomáš has won the heart of everyone in the club, and now he's on his way to rule the heart of rest of the Australians by riding le tour de Disneyland in an Australian classic wear: The Budgy Smugglers. This guy has got spunk and I like that.

Let's get behind him, and recommend a colour he should wear for the tour from the list of colours and designs at the following link:
http://budgysmuggler.com.au/smugglers/

A guy's recommendation is counted as 1 vote
A girl's recommendation is counted as 2 votes (let's face it, they know a bit more about fashion than us blokes)

Note: You can give recommendations, but the final decision is made by the brave man himself.
Last edited by G on 14 Dec 2009, 11:11, edited 1 time in total.

yewenyi

Postby yewenyi » 13 Dec 2009, 06:47

Ok, So I found the choices. I vote for white!

Camilla

Postby Camilla » 13 Dec 2009, 10:03

I'm thinking the "keen as mustards"

orphic

Postby orphic » 13 Dec 2009, 10:30

While I firmly disagree with wearing budgy smugglers on or off the bike, I do think that if Tomas really must do it... He should wear the 'Fully Austraiyas' ones ;)

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 13 Dec 2009, 16:52

Is there a skin coloured option?

G

Postby G » 14 Dec 2009, 10:25

While I firmly disagree with wearing budgy smugglers on or off the bike,...
Vic,
Although you'd secretly admire a handsome boy like Tomas in Budgy smugglers, I just don't get it why you have to make lesbian statements publically? You had me confused once before as well!

G

Postby G » 14 Dec 2009, 21:17

Is there a skin coloured option?
these? :?:

Rainbow

Postby Rainbow » 14 Dec 2009, 21:45

Vic,
Although you'd secretly admire a handsome boy like Tomas in Budgy smugglers, I just don't get it why you have to make lesbian statements publically? You had me confused once before as well!
G, please don't say such weird things to the women in the club. There are only a few of us and we don't wish to be frightened off by you. Your comment sounds like you have a few unresolved issues :roll: It's probably best you sort them out.

G

Postby G » 14 Dec 2009, 23:09

G, please don't say such weird things to the women in the club. There are only a few of us and we don't wish to be frightened off by you. Your comment sounds like you have a few unresolved issues :roll: It's probably best you sort them out.
Rainbow
I think you are spot on about issues! We got some issues. Last night she said men should wear boardies instead of budgy smugglers even when ocean swimming! I just don't get it why? Do men have any rights? :roll:

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 15 Dec 2009, 07:00

[mod]Let's not get personal or this thread will be locked or deleted.[/mod]

I vote for tri-colour to match the Czech flag. No question about it.

Otherwise I suggest reading up on,

1) Melanoma and other skin cancers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melanoma
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skin_cancer

2) Sunburn treatments
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/sunbur ... nt/AN01423

3) Saddle sore
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saddle_sores

What I can tell you is, death by melanoma is most unpleasant and drainage of a nasty saddle sore involves a knife straight up the hot spot.

Stuart

Postby Stuart » 16 Dec 2009, 13:34

[mod]Let's not get personal or this thread will be locked or deleted.[/mod]
Absolutely correct. Weiyun is being lenient - I would not normally let that post stand.

Karzie

Postby Karzie » 17 Dec 2009, 16:58

Further to Weyun's post, G, :roll: and as I said last week, you should all minimise your solar exposure as much as possible, esp for Tomas who has no natural melanin protection. He will blister with as little as 40 minutes direct exposure in January, and doesn't have any experience of what the sun can do. I know you don't believe me, but it's true.

There's no safe level of exposure and the damage and risk increases as you go south into the ozone hole.

Quote:

The scientists found the DNA code for a skin cancer called melanoma contained errors almost entirely caused by too much sun exposure.

Wellcome Trust researcher Dr Peter Campbell, who conducted this research, published in the journal Nature, said: "It's like playing Russian roulette.

"Most of the time the mutations will land in innocent parts of the genome, but some will hit the right targets for cancer."

You only need one cell damaged in this way to develop melanoma.

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 17 Dec 2009, 18:53

... you should all minimise your solar exposure as much as possible, esp for Tomas who has no natural melanin protection. He will blister with as little as 40 minutes direct exposure in January, and doesn't have any experience of what the sun can do. I know you don't believe me, but it's true.
That reminded me of a french colleague who came to Sydney to attend a conference in Dec. Following arrival, he went to Bondi and laid on the beach for 3 hours just like what he'd do on the Mediterranean. At the evening conference dinner, he showed up like a red lobster and could barely move due to the nasty burn. He did not enjoy the rest of his stay in Sydney with his blistering skin.

As much fun as one might have in a Budgy Smuggler, exposing oneself under the Australian sun without covering for a full day or more is plainly irresponsible. Don't do it!

How about wearing the Budgy Smugger on the outside or ride at night with fluoro Budgy Smugger. :lol: :lol: :lol:

G

Postby G » 17 Dec 2009, 20:43

Krazie, Weiyun,
I absolutely agree that Tomas could be at risk because of his skin tone. Let's see in Saturday's ride how he fairs the Australian sun for couple of hours. If it is too harsh for him even with the sunscreen on, then I will suggest him not to wear budgy smugglers. You can count on me, I wouldn't put my teammates at risk, and do my best to bring them home safely.

Return to “Conversation”