timyone

Postby timyone » 31 Dec 2009, 17:43

Are you in?

orphic

Postby orphic » 01 Jan 2010, 12:05

I'm in :)

Michael Chidgey

Postby Michael Chidgey » 06 Jan 2010, 10:01

i'm in. Can't decide on what wheel to ride, see how windy it is on the night i guess.

Michael Chidgey

Postby Michael Chidgey » 10 Jan 2010, 20:32

Goulburn track power went down on Saturday afternoon/night which was a massive hit for the organisers and for DHBC.
DHBC had a good turn out with 4 men and 2 women racing in Elite and Masters divisions. We had a glut of good and great results which i will let each of the racers go through.

For myself i was racing Elite Mens B grade with Tim which was very handy. We also had a bunch of very young guys who insisted on starting fast and finishing slow. We ended up racing 5 races from miss and outs to wheel races.

We started with a quick 5 lap heart starter which Tim won and i finished third in. after this was the wheel race heats where i was starting on 200m which according to brownie and Simon was a shoe in for the win. The heat ran quite nicely for me with 2 Bathursts guys going of the front and me finishing quite quickly in 4th.

The miss and out was very uneventful for me pulling out when i wasn't out and Tim going out due to not counting the field before starting. One of the highlights for me was leading Tim out in the motor pace for a solid win which was a great feeling.

After this we had the wheel race final which i was the first starter on 200m again. Brownie and Simon had decided that the only way i was going to win was to go to the front and TT for the win.
I wasn't so sure but how can you argue with people who have done this hundreds of times. The race started and Tim gave me an almighty push, I started out 80% and went for about 1/2 lap then 2 Bathursts riders came flying by and i jumped on their wheels. 1 rider pulled off and was never seen again, number 2 rider did 2 laps with me on his wheel then a big pace line started rolling by. I jumped in the line at about 6th or 7th wheel and with 3/4 off lap left wound it up and rode past 3 riders and finished about a tire width out of third for a great 4th place.

The last race of the night was a 10 lap scratch race which Tim wanted to turn it into and enduro race but ended up beating everybody in a bunch sprint. In the last of the night Simon went off the front with 2 very strong riders 1 of which ended up causing a bad crash.

i throughly enjoyed myself at Goulburn and hope to take more of their money next year.

timyone

Postby timyone » 10 Jan 2010, 20:50

Thanx for the review :) I can only post on my phone, and it sux for typing heaps.
I had two wins and a second, amy had two wins and two thirds. Victoria had her first open placing with a second in the missing out, she actually had a better race in one of the other scratches, but ended up 4th.
Amy is seriously bad for us celebrating places in wheel races?! Mike got a top 5!! He came in number 4! Seriously just off third!! But yeah, amy got another 3rd, how many is that in the last few months?!
Simon got a 3rd in the last race after they dropped an amazingly fast field of sprinters down to 3 riders.
Christian did the club prowdly riding in a stacked masters A grade, no placings but competative finishes.

Rainbow

Postby Rainbow » 10 Jan 2010, 21:59

Hrmm, I'll speak of my own successes then...

I got 4th in the motor pace. It was so exciting. I was feeling like I had so much more in my legs when I got going. Very fun. I also remember getting a 5th in something, but as all the days have blurred into one, I can't recall.

It was a great night full of learning for me on the bike.

Oh, and the roller derby, Tempe needs one!

christian

Postby christian » 11 Jan 2010, 07:59

I was a bit worried about being in Masters A grade but Brownie assured me that I'd be fine. It turns out he was correct and I had a good night. The one thing that's different about the masters grades is they are much more civilised, the attacks are smoother and everyone can ride in a straight line, but they do all ride very close together.

I managed to get a 5th in the elimination race but missed out on the beer I was promised if I could beat Peter Barnard, I did almost get him on the line, maybe next time. I also rode well in the motor pace, the plan was to get on Brownie's wheel and get towed to the finish, it was all going to plan, I let him in in front of me with two and a half laps to go, he let someone in front of him so when the bike pulled of he'd be on the front. After the bike pulled off the speed increased and that's when Gavin White came under me and squeezed me off the wheel. Apparently I should have just used my elbows, which is good in theory, but he is twice my size. Not sure where I ended up coming.

All in all I was happy with my riding and next time I won't be concerned about being graded like that.

timyone

Postby timyone » 11 Jan 2010, 08:04

Oops i forgot to mention the steak sandwiches.
Seriously the best steak sandwich i have all year?! its like the animal has died the day of the carnival?! i only had one, as i was waiting for races, but im thinking i should have had one after each instead and stuffed worrying about it?!!

I should have taken pics, though they didnt look that good at all, it was more the fact that no matter how you get them cooked, they arent tough or dry, but as soft as some thing thats been slow cooked?!

Seriously would recomend the carnival for any one thats after a good steak sandwich, even if im not racing next year i may be there for the steak sandwich.

It was great having a nice group of red there by the way, even if they didnt always know how to say dulwich hill.

Return to “Track”