Downtube shifters

Road cycling & upcoming rides
christian

Postby christian » 03 Jan 2010, 19:44

Has anyone got a set of 9 speed downtube shifters they wish to sell? I'll even settle for bar end shifters as it for a touring bike. Also has anyone got a set of downtube shift bosses that bolt in, they require drilling a hole in the frame, I have a set but they are in a frame, and using those ones will make that frame useless. I'm prepared to sacrifice that frame.

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 03 Jan 2010, 21:55

Do they need to be indexed?

I have a set of seven speed downtube shifters, I'll check them out when I'm back in Sydney and let you know if they are suitable for 9 speed. Free if they work

Toff

Postby Toff » 08 Jan 2010, 13:32

I have barcons I might consider selling. I think I have new ones and used ones. They are friction, and quite old. (Early 80s.) I think I have Suntour and Campagnolo.

In about a week I expect to have a set of Campagnolo Super Record downtube friction shifters available for sale too. They are currently on a bike running 8-speed Campagnolo, so they will also work with 9-speed, but you will really have to push the lever a long way back...

If you want indexed, you should specify what brand. Shimano 9-speed is not compatible with Campagnolo 9-speed without some fiddly tweaks.

christian

Postby christian » 08 Jan 2010, 15:43

Its Shimano 9 speed I'm after. It turns out that the Dura Ace SL7700 shifters have been discontinued, so Shimano no longer makes 9 speed DT shifters, they still make the bar end ones. Wiggle claims they will be getting more in so CRC probably will as well. Shimano Australia has none in stock. Other then that new ones show up on ebay.

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 08 Jan 2010, 20:15

If you don't require indexed then it should be no problem to find you a set, but do you really want upmarket ones?

Return to “Road”