Slowies RNP ride tommorow - is it on?

Road cycling & upcoming rides
insomniac

Postby insomniac » 25 Jan 2009, 18:02

This was mentioned on todays Waterfall ride - can someone confirm that this ride is on tomorrow.... leaving MM at 6am? If it is and I get some sleep I'll be there.

BTW has anyone ridden Otford Rd (up the hill - ie the opposite direction to Jimmy ride tomorrow)? I did it today (not knowing it was so steep)and I reckon it must be as hard as the Audley hills. Anyone got the facts on this? Plus being straight with no hairpins makes it look....hmmmm scarey!

Stretch

Postby Stretch » 25 Jan 2009, 19:41

I'll be there at 6

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 25 Jan 2009, 20:39

Slowies RNP ride is on for 1 FEB. Next Sun. Tomorrow is our annual Australia Day ride, not the regular RNP route.

insomniac

Postby insomniac » 25 Jan 2009, 21:23

Must of misunderstood...seems to be quite a few slowies intending to ride tomorrow...thought they were doing "their" ride as well as the Ausse Day ride.

Trouty

Postby Trouty » 26 Jan 2009, 11:13

Must of misunderstood...seems to be quite a few slowies intending to ride tomorrow...thought they were doing "their" ride as well as the Ausse Day ride.
Yep Weiyun, us "Cruisers" did RNP as a warm up to next weeks ride. There was about 8 of us. It was a nice easy pace but still hard on the legs for me after Waterfall and the Omni. Weather was beautiful...and if you told me a year ago I would be giving up my long weekends to ride - I would have thought you were nuts!!....and yes - Insomniac's skinny legs caught our bunch before the Waterfall turn off. Luckily for us he had to ride with Jame's Group till Sutherland, so they wore him out for us.

insomniac

Postby insomniac » 26 Jan 2009, 12:17

...and yes - Insomniac's skinny legs caught our bunch before the Waterfall turn off. Luckily for us he had to ride with Jame's Group till Sutherland, so they wore him out for us.
...caught our bunch before the Waterfall turnoff??????.....errr...I never had to catch you....I stopped for refreshments at Sutherland, read a bit of the Sunday paper and then stopped at Waterfall and waited for you guys. I was letting you catch me Slow Coach!!!! But yes James' group gave my skinny legs a workout .... and now I suffer - oh the pain (sounding like Dr Smith out of Lost in Space) .

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 26 Jan 2009, 17:27

...and if you told me a year ago I would be giving up my long weekends to ride - I would have thought you were nuts!!
Clearly this is called "addiction". But fortunately you have insight into your condition, there's hope yet! :lol:

Return to “Road”