DHBC Juniors Training & News 23 February 2011

For all things Velodrome
michellebrown

Postby michellebrown » 24 Feb 2011, 13:36

Hi everyone,

First this week Goodluck to DHBC U17 men's pursuit team for the races this Saturday at Dunc Gray Velodrome and also to Tom Bolton and Chris Hageman, who have entered the Junior Carnival running concurrently. Goodluck also to our friends from Southern Cross who are travelling to Dubbo in the State's Central West for the Junior Derby on the 6th of March. We hope you get all the great results you deserve!

Training & Stats
Two training sessions this week. On Monday U17 men braved gusty winds to practice for the pursuit and we squeezed in some flying 200s and match sprints for good measure. On Wednesday Phil took riders through 1 Lap time trials - with some impressive results - Josh Cornish tore up the track with 25 seconds and Adolfo Velez recorded 28, being the two riders to break the 30 second mark. Liam Doyle wasn't far away on 30 and eveybody got some valuable practice starting from the gate. U17 Mens Pursuit team put in their best effort yet at 1:17:16 over 3000 metres. We're confident they'll shave seconds off at Dunc Gray this Saturday. There were two 2-lap Derbys to finish off. Tom Bolton took out the younger riders with Connor Peters in 2nd and Thomas Cornish in 3rd. Josh Cornish won the older riders event, in front of Hugo Venville and Emma Sprouster. It's great to have gun riders like Josh and Emma along to give us something to aspire to! Results have been emailed as usual. Thanks to Phil, Brian, Donna, Chris Simon, Rhett and all the other parents who've been helping out.

Welcomes
DHBC Juniors has a new member! Welcome to Peter Livingstone, already promising to be a handy rider and hi to Tallis Boernemarkus, who took his first turns around the warm up track - we hope you'll come along again.

Housekeeping
I'll be attending the DHBC Club Executive Meeting on the 1st of March - let me know if you need to raise any issues.

Road Racing
Don't forget DHBC Junior riders will be rolling with the Sunday 25c bunch from Marrickville Road to Sutherland on Sunday the 6th of March. Those of you with racing licences may wish to enter the Southern Cross road races when we get there, or you can just get a feel for the competition. You'll need to organise a lift home if you don't plan to ride back, or you can catch the train from Sutherland Station. Parents who can manage 25 Kph average over around 50 kilometres are welcome to ride there with the bunch. I'd appreciate you letting me know if you are coming and or racing. Junior race with restricted gears, so I will check with Phil Kelly what the requirments for road bikes are.

Thanks
Special thanks to Tim Llewellyn who helped us out with training advice, first aid and organisational matter while Simon Llewellyn was off enjoying his honeymoon. :mrgreen:

That's all for now,
Keep rolling,

Michelle Brown
DHBC Juniors
0412 442 550

Return to “Track”