Cycling Express - New online seller

Bicycle related chatter & discussion
Adrian E

Postby Adrian E » 16 Jun 2011, 21:55

I've noticed this facebook page getting a bit of attention this week
http://www.facebook.com/#!/cyclingexpress

It looks like an Australian version of Wiggle/PBK/CRC
http://blog.cyclingexpress.com/

Will be interesting to see if it takes off.

Toff

Postby Toff » 17 Jun 2011, 01:33

Yeah they sent me unsolicited commercial e-mail. I reported the company that spammed me to the ACMA for their breach of the Spam Act (2003). Not a good start.

frankzane

Postby frankzane » 28 Jul 2011, 16:06

Sorry about this being a first post guys, but I noticed this comment (and was very surprised by it because I work for cyclingexpress) so thought I had to answer.

Cycling Express has not yet sent an email out to anyone, ever, at any time for any reason, particularly for marketing purposes. The only person who may have sent an email to anyone concerning the cyclingexpress website was the owner of a large bicycle forum who apparently sent an email regarding us to some of the members of his forum, who when signing up to his forum, gave the OK to receive emails.

Toff, there have been a few people like you on the net spreading misinformation about the cyclingexpress website, it's disappointing really that people feel the need to do this.

Apologies again for this being a first post, just thought I needed to clear this up.

Sam

orphic

Postby orphic » 28 Jul 2011, 16:25

Cycling Express has not yet sent an email out to anyone, ever, at any time for any reason, particularly for marketing purposes. The only person who may have sent an email to anyone concerning the cyclingexpress website was the owner of a large bicycle forum who apparently sent an email regarding us to some of the members of his forum, who when signing up to his forum, gave the OK to receive emails.
But since you paid the owner of that large bicycle forum to advertise for you, I would consider that he was speaking on behalf of Cycling Express...

utopia

Postby utopia » 10 Aug 2011, 21:37

I have no affiliation with them.
Price match Wiggle and CRC , and free delivery over $100 or so, and supporting AUS economy are all great reasons.
Another one is for helmets (they stock Giro) with the required magical stickers.
Oh yes, if you signup for their newsletter you get $10 voucher (valid for 7 days).

They are on my shortcuts, and I hope they increase their range of products/suppliers.

Return to “Conversation”