Accident Advise

Road cycling & upcoming rides
Lizanne

Postby Lizanne » 07 Oct 2010, 09:28

I got hit by a car last week, i'm fine and the driver is paying for all my broken bits, but should i still report it?

othy

Postby othy » 07 Oct 2010, 09:47

From what I remember If you were injured then you are required to report it, as the police info will be needed by you for the MAA claim (CTP insurance of the driver). See the MAA Accident Notification form for more info:

http://www.maa.nsw.gov.au/default.aspx?MenuID=122

Uninjured, with minor damage and a cooperating driver then the police are unlikely to care. You can still try though if you feel it is warranted.

Lizanne

Postby Lizanne » 07 Oct 2010, 11:40

Thanks
my injuries were cuts and bruises and the driver is more than happy to pay for things, i just had a few people around the office telling me that it needed to be reported. and i didn't think it was that big of a deal.

Strawburger

Postby Strawburger » 07 Oct 2010, 15:33

I'm going through the whole process at the moment.

Simply, report it to the maa, report it to work (if you were travelling to/from), get a written agreement from the driver stating that they are willing to pay for damages before you send through the quote (if you don't report it with the police). That way you are covered if the driver changes their attitude once seeing the quote!

Hope all is ok and you are back on your bike asap!

Return to “Road”