Another bike accident on the weekend

Bicycle related chatter & discussion
Stretch

Postby Stretch » 24 Mar 2009, 16:18

Anyone see this happen?

One of my Triathlon collegues, Hally Bolt, was involved in a cycling accident last weekend. On Saturday morning Hally and a co-rider were collected from behind by a motorcyclist, whilst training on their way to Wollongong. Hally has sustained a broken elbow and cuts and abrasions and has spent the weekend medicated, but is now starting to come to terms with some new adventures in pain, some metal in her arm permanently, and that her campaign for this year's Australian Ironman is over. We are very relieved that Hally is OK but feel her disappointment, especially given the fantastic season Hally has had; delivering some scorching times over the last few months events.

timyone

Postby timyone » 24 Mar 2009, 21:26

national park? :(

fenn_paddler

Postby fenn_paddler » 25 Mar 2009, 07:06

Anyone see this happen?

One of my Triathlon collegues, Hally Bolt, was involved in a cycling accident last weekend. On Saturday morning Hally and a co-rider were collected from behind by a motorcyclist, whilst training on their way to Wollongong. Hally has sustained a broken elbow and cuts and abrasions and has spent the weekend medicated, but is now starting to come to terms with some new adventures in pain, some metal in her arm permanently, and that her campaign for this year's Australian Ironman is over. We are very relieved that Hally is OK but feel her disappointment, especially given the fantastic season Hally has had; delivering some scorching times over the last few months events.

Looks like it was an ugly, very avoidable "accident".

The motorbike attempted to go between the riders, then after the accident claimed he did it on purpose? http://forums.transitions.org.au/index. ... opic=35682

I had a biker try to bully me out of the painted onroad bike lane on Lyons Rd West the other week...

Cheers,
Alan W

jimmy

Postby jimmy » 25 Mar 2009, 07:26

Reading through the posts on that accident, I came across this.
The only bike pack I would unequivocally vouch for and feel safe riding with would be Dulwich Hill
http://forums.transitions.org.au/index. ... t&p=523523

Looks like we are building up a good reputation out there people's. Lets keep it that way.

James

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 25 Mar 2009, 12:28

Reading through the posts on that accident, I came across this.
http://forums.transitions.org.au/index. ... t&p=523523

Looks like we are building up a good reputation out there people's. Lets keep it that way.

James
Interesting comment, we have a fan :)

Any news on the riders?

timyone

Postby timyone » 25 Mar 2009, 19:57

what forum is that?

Simon said thatguy is an ex dulwich rider of some sort

Return to “Conversation”