Jersey order 2009: Delivered, so come and get it!

Bicycle related chatter & discussion
shrubb face

Postby shrubb face » 03 Mar 2009, 21:48

I spoke with the executive tonight & they said they're happy for a change in brands & to let me sort it all out. As good as the forum is for communication, I want to propose that anyone who is interested in this change, that we meet up in person & discuss what needs done to make this happen & who can do what.
Is this an excuse for a night of beer and poker? If so im there.

Michael Chidgey

Postby Michael Chidgey » 03 Mar 2009, 22:02

Looks good, but needs black knicks. All red is too drapac porche teritory.. Can you try just writing Dulwich Hill BC down the leg & see what that looks like? & last thing is something on the backside, maybe the website?
like one of these?

you'll have to imagine the text on the side of the leg and a bolder font.

Simon Llewellyn

Postby Simon Llewellyn » 04 Mar 2009, 07:17

like one of these?

you'll have to imagine the text on the side of the leg and a bolder font.
I actually like the top one, it looks quirky & fun. I guess one good way to judge though is to ask the people who want knicks, would you you be happy with knicks that look like that?

To give you an idea of what I was thinking about the writing, here's a picture of a really old school version. It very plain but gets the message across well.

When we were thinking of skinsuits last time I was thinking something along these lines

christian

Postby christian » 04 Mar 2009, 07:21

I like the big DHBC down the leg, looks more dramatic. I don't mind the all red number either. I think we will need beer to sort this one out.

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 04 Mar 2009, 10:49

I think there should be a wacking big DHBC logo on the backside of the knick, right around the curve of that band.

DavidM

Postby DavidM » 04 Mar 2009, 11:59

Put me down for a XL, thank you!

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 04 Mar 2009, 14:33

Put me down for a XL, thank you!
You can just add your number in this list.

-----

On the assumption of quality products. (state ur name and quantity)

Short sleeve jersey: 17
Name: Weiyun (1), Micklan (1), Simon.Sharwood (1), Mikesbytes (1), Shrubb Face (1), Stretch (1), Rainbow (1), Michele (1), JohnR (1), Anthony (1), Jtroutman (1), Franksun87 (1), Stevanr (1), GeoffS/Marian (2), T-Bone (1), DavidM (1)

Bib: 6
Name: T-Bone (2), shrubb face (1), Anthony (1), Mikesbytes (1), Toff (1)

Short sleeve Skinsuit: 5
Name: Toff (1), Simon Llewellyn (1), shrubb face (1) Tim Llewellyn (1), John (1)

Long sleeve skinsuit: 5
Name: Simon Llewellyn (1), shrubb face (1), christian (1), Mikesbytes (1)
Tim Llewellyn (1)

Michael Chidgey

Postby Michael Chidgey » 04 Mar 2009, 23:25

I think there should be a wacking big DHBC logo on the backside of the knick, right around the curve of that band.
I actually like the top one, it looks quirky & fun. I guess one good way to judge though is to ask the people who want knicks, would you you be happy with knicks that look like that?

To give you an idea of what I was thinking about the writing, here's a picture of a really old school version. It very plain but gets the message across well.
i'll have a go at these after track racing tomorrow night.

Michael Chidgey

Postby Michael Chidgey » 05 Mar 2009, 22:21

as requested, you'll have to use your imagintion about the writing on the side of the leg.

Toff

Postby Toff » 06 Mar 2009, 08:26

Still looks better in all red. I vote red knicks with white writing to match the jersey. After all, everyone wears black knicks - it's so dull, and we'd look like every other bike commuter out there.

Who cares if an all red strip has a vague similarity to one other team (Drapac). We will stand out in red knicks, to spectators, commissaires AND cars.

micklan

Postby micklan » 06 Mar 2009, 08:40

well check out "that" photo; the red will hide no bumps on the podium and lets face it thats where we will be

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 06 Mar 2009, 08:42

Yeh Black on the inside hides the bumps better

Michael Chidgey

Postby Michael Chidgey » 06 Mar 2009, 08:52

i like the red one too, maybe we can put up a poll and let people decide that way.

any other requests?

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 06 Mar 2009, 09:06

What does it look like if the pattern on the arms is put on the legs?

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 06 Mar 2009, 09:33

When will the proposed meeting happen? Let's keep up the momentum whilst we are all thinking about it. Or this will drag out for another 12 months.

We need the current jersey design file that Body Torque used for the last run. We also need the Pantone colour codes for the last run.

Michael Chidgey

Postby Michael Chidgey » 06 Mar 2009, 11:17

taking a stab here and saying 1788 for red and there is no pure white in Pantone colours there is a bone white and similar.

if i was body torque i wouldn't giving out the design, cant we just send the Nalini guys a jersey we already have and ask them to design something similar?

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 06 Mar 2009, 11:30

My understanding is that the design is ours and was worked on by Grant. I'd think that Grant would still have the file.

We had some issues with colour in our two previous runs. The first one had an orange tint while the latest had a bit of pink/purple tint. Neither matched the deep pure red on those retro DHBC jerseys Al sells. I am not sure if DHBC has a red defined for the club. I understand that all the reds were chosen visually in the past.

In any case, Nalini's deal is that we just need to supply an AI file of our design or the logo and their designer will fine tune the layout and supplement based on our input. Having them doing a touch up would be good to avoid any potential non-alignment in the graphics during production.

Toff

Postby Toff » 06 Mar 2009, 12:44

My understanding is that the correct red is more of a "blood red", so something nearer the bottom of that chart would be closest.

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 06 Mar 2009, 12:47

My understanding is that the correct red is more of a "blood red", so something nearer the bottom of that chart would be closest.
Is your monitor screen colour calibrated? Picking colours on a computer screen is not reliable unless it's properly calibrated. A very worthwhile procedure given the amount of digital photos we process and view these days for work and family.

timyone

Postby timyone » 06 Mar 2009, 13:47

Is your monitor screen colour calibrated? Picking colours on a computer screen is not reliable unless it's properly calibrated. A very worthwhile procedure given the amount of digital photos we process and view these days for work and family.
:shock:

Michael Chidgey

Postby Michael Chidgey » 06 Mar 2009, 15:52

in any case, Nalini's deal is that we just need to supply an AI file of our design or the logo and their designer will fine tune the layout and supplement based on our input. Having them doing a touch up would be good to avoid any potential non-alignment in the graphics during production.
i can do up the AI files we just need to agree on a design and colour scheme.

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 06 Mar 2009, 15:57

i can do up the AI files we just need to agree on a design and colour scheme.
Are you there Simon? :lol:

With the AI file and quantities we want, we can then start to solicit quotes from Nalini as well as other contenders. Then it'll be a question of budget.

Simon Llewellyn

Postby Simon Llewellyn » 06 Mar 2009, 16:54

Grant has the file with the design on it that was used for bodytorque, I can get it off him whenever we need it.

I'm happy to meet up tomorrow avo/night if people are interested, Alex is happy to open his house up or we can go to the pub?

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 06 Mar 2009, 17:09

Grant has the file with the design on it that was used for bodytorque, I can get it off him whenever we need it.

I'm happy to meet up tomorrow avo/night if people are interested, Alex is happy to open his house up or we can go to the pub?
I would prefer Sat late afternoon after 4:30pm. Not available before that. Evening is difficult with the family.

We should have the AI file available at the meeting, both for discussion as well as being ready to be passed onto whoever is chosen to look after the graphics arts.

T-Bone

Postby T-Bone » 06 Mar 2009, 18:30

If i'm available at the right time i'll meet up, though i'm pretty busy this weekend. For me anyway, i don't want red knicks.

Simon Llewellyn

Postby Simon Llewellyn » 06 Mar 2009, 19:21

I would prefer Sat late afternoon after 4:30pm. Not available before that. Evening is difficult with the family.

We should have the AI file available at the meeting, both for discussion as well as being ready to be passed onto whoever is chosen to look after the graphics arts.
Yeah that's cool, I think if we give people time to race at heffron it would be a good idea. I probably won't race, my body is still asking for rest but people should try & get out there. 5:30pm at the Royal exchange hotel (REM) in Marrickville?

I'll try & get the graphics by then...

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 06 Mar 2009, 20:25

Yeah that's cool, I think if we give people time to race at heffron it would be a good idea. I probably won't race, my body is still asking for rest but people should try & get out there. 5:30pm at the Royal exchange hotel (REM) in Marrickville?

I'll try & get the graphics by then...
Good time and location and I'll be there. Good point about Heffron racers and they'll need a few beers upon arrival.

Apart from the graphics, might be worthwhile to bring a clean DHBC jersey for discussion.

PS. Which part of the hotel do you want to meet?

Simon Llewellyn

Postby Simon Llewellyn » 06 Mar 2009, 20:36

Probably the chairs & tables out the back would be most suitable.

shrubb face

Postby shrubb face » 06 Mar 2009, 22:54

Ill be there about 6.00ish, for a beer or 2. Also my house is available for a poker game after if desired.

Trouty

Postby Trouty » 07 Mar 2009, 08:48

I prefer Black pants (hides a lot of sins), although it does make some people look like "Harry High Pants" with nix pulled up past there waist. Anyway - put me down for one. I can't do the winter racing series and be the only one not in the new kit.

Short sleeve jersey: 17
Name: Weiyun (1), Micklan (1), Simon.Sharwood (1), Mikesbytes (1), Shrubb Face (1), Stretch (1), Rainbow (1), Michele (1), JohnR (1), Anthony (1), Jtroutman (1), Franksun87 (1), Stevanr (1), GeoffS/Marian (2), T-Bone (1), DavidM (1)

Bib: 6
Name: T-Bone (2), shrubb face (1), Anthony (1), Mikesbytes (1), Toff (1)

Short sleeve Skinsuit: 6
Name: Toff (1), Simon Llewellyn (1), shrubb face (1) Tim Llewellyn (1), John (1), Joanne Troutman (1)

Tim Llewellyn (1)

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 07 Mar 2009, 09:48

The interest for bibs is low. But I guess it'll depend on what design is on it. If it's just mostly plain black, then there's not much point.

Simon Llewellyn

Postby Simon Llewellyn » 08 Mar 2009, 10:27

G'day guys we had our first meeting yesterday & currently we are working on getting together what we need for a proper quote. As mentioned above currently the interest in bib knicks is quite low so we will find out what the minimum order is & see if we can get up to that.

This week we need to confirm what design we want, as i have found out we have the logos from the jersey but bodytorque actually put the last template together so we don't have that. We will ask nalini to do the same thing but we need a template put together just so we can get the quote from them first. So graphic designers out there that would be great if someone wants to put that together. Grant is emailing me the templates tomorrow so once I receive them I can pass them on.

In terms of money what I want to propose is a paying up front deal in which there will be a reduced price for this first run only. So that we can do the first order. Skinsuits will be the same. There is the option to allow people to pay half now & half when they come but it is probably easier if people are able to pay the full amount.

I am also looking at getting some long sleeve jerseys which are ideal for winter & those who don't want to get sunburnt in summer. I know Al's long sleeve jerseys were very popular, we just have to work out if they could be added to the short sleeve jersey quota at possibly an additional cost or if they would be classed as a separate entity.

Job for people this week:

We need people to start to get an idea of what size they want. There's reallyfour ways to do this; go into a shop & try on Nalini jerseys, ask others who are about your size that own one, once we confirm our order nalini will probably send out camples to try on or here's a sizing chart off pro bike kit which will give you an idea:

Sizing
Measurements in inches (chest/mens) Size 2: 30-32 Size 3: 34-36 Size 4: 38-40 Size 5: 40-42 Size 6: 43-44 Size 7: 45-47 Size 8: 48-50

I"ve found that size 4 is roughly equivalent to the current medium jersey & 6 about large though maybe slightly looser.

For women's sizing here's the chart.

Size Womens UK Size Chest In Inches
2 Size S 8 28-30 Inches
3 Size M 10 31-32 Inches
4 Size L 12 33-35 Inches
5 Size XL 14 36-38 Inches
6 Size XXL 16 39-41 Inches
7 Size XXXL 18 42-44 Inches
8 Size XXXXL 20 44-46 Inche

For women's orders sizing I know that most people will probably prefer not to post sizing on the forum so what I will do is you can either private message me or I will try & catch up with Jo or Camilla this week & ask if they want to collect the sizing information as they would be much better at advising what sizes are right how you know if a jersey fits...

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 08 Mar 2009, 10:43

As Simon has already indicated, we are pretty much going with Nalini unless their quote is uncompetitive. Below is a Nalini sizing chart available on the web but I think it's even more reliable if you can check it out in a shop. Remember, the Italian and racing fit tends to be a bit small and it would be risky to pick the size based on another brand. Our line is supposed to be the same as the pro team line, so target those in the shop rather than one of those more relaxed fit models.

http://www.redroseimports.com/Nalinicus ... chart.html

We'll need to work out what spread of sizes we need for the final order and I suspect it'll take people a bit of time to make this decision, hence this early heads up.

Apart from the ladies, the rest can just recopy our order list and edit in your size next to your name.

We are moving ahead...

micklan

Postby micklan » 08 Mar 2009, 11:45

Confirmed to Weiyun's Nalini size chart link (W. does this sound right to you?)

The Nalini (Base), I had on today at Coffee shop i got from ProBike Kit - it's tagged as XL - it is a very good fit for me - but is it an XL in the current DHBC jersey = no way.

Nalini XL = 40 inches * 2.54cm/inch = 40*2.54 cm = 101.6 cms

Nalini XL for me, based on what I've got - it's ligher than DHBC jersey and v. good quality. 100% polyester made in Italy. A little bit of room in midriff, nice fit.

Michael Chidgey

Postby Michael Chidgey » 08 Mar 2009, 15:47

had a go at the jersey, i dont think it could be branded anymore.....

not sure if i like the big DH on the front so i left it there and see what you guys think.

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 08 Mar 2009, 15:49

Post another with the big DH missing so we can see the difference

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 08 Mar 2009, 15:55

Wow, I like the new design with the blacks (we have 3 colours to work with if needed). :lol:

Significant design changes will have to be decided by the executives as it'll need to be submitted to CNSW.

The other item is, people are keen to keep that DH (with a circle around) logo as that's supposed to be traditional. But the font and circle band needs to be thicker than what we have presently. I understand that Simon or Lindsay can provide one of the traditional jerseys for reference.

On the issue of colour. Is there a way we can determine precisely the "red" from an old jersey? Are there facilities that we can scan the fabric to get a corresponding Pantone reference?

Agree that the big DH is out of place.

PS 1. Michael, we are having trouble putting a face to your name. Thank you for all your work but at some point in the near future, we may need to meet face to face to go through some of the details. Or maybe a phone call/conference.

PS 2: We are going with the full length zip but it'll expose a few mm of unmarked zipper. I understand from the distributor that their grahpic artist will do the final layout and we just need to generate a draft that they can follow using logos supplied by us.

Trouty

Postby Trouty » 08 Mar 2009, 20:18

Mike those last jersey designs look great.

Black side panels always make you look skinnier......So they have my vote.

Simon Llewellyn

Postby Simon Llewellyn » 08 Mar 2009, 20:35

had a go at the jersey, i dont think it could be branded anymore.....

not sure if i like the big DH on the front so i left it there and see what you guys think.
Hey that's really cool! Can we get a comparison of what it looks like without the black panels but with the same writing? From the side they may make the red jersey look a bit black which could kill our tradition red/black colour scheme & the practicality of black attracting heat.

But it's looks fantastic!

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 08 Mar 2009, 20:51

Simon, just what is the deal with regards to retrograde compatibility? Are we 100% restricted to keep the old design? Or is it a case that we can have flexibility subject to a really good design?

If we are not allowed to change, then we shouldn't waste Michael's time. If we are allowed to change, then we should explore possibilities where a face to face meeting should be made to discuss ideas with Michael.

I have a feeling that the design lock down will be more time consuming than expected.

Michael Chidgey

Postby Michael Chidgey » 08 Mar 2009, 20:54

Hey that's really cool! Can we get a comparison of what it looks like without the black panels but with the same writing? From the side they may make the red jersey look a bit black which could kill our tradition red/black colour scheme & the practicality of black attracting heat.

what i can do is swap the black for white and change the font colour to a matching red. i'll have a go tomorrow night and post a comparision.
PS 1. Michael, we are having trouble putting a face to your name. Thank you for all your work but at some point in the near future, we may need to meet face to face to go through some of the details. Or maybe a phone call/conference.
no problems, come down to the track and have a ride and we can meet :lol: i am trying to do saturday slowies ride so if you are there next week we can have a chat.

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 08 Mar 2009, 21:04

Michael, replace the '100 years..." with www.dhbc.org.au on the rear.

Simon Llewellyn

Postby Simon Llewellyn » 08 Mar 2009, 21:08

Simon, just what is the deal with regards to retrograde compatibility? Are we 100% restricted to keep the old design? Or is it a case that we can have flexibility subject to a really good design?

If we are not allowed to change, then we shouldn't waste Michael's time. If we are allowed to change, then we should explore possibilities where a face to face meeting should be made to discuss ideas with Michael.

I have a feeling that the design lock down will be more time consuming than expected.
I don't think that we are 100% locked into the design though we will have to agree. Dramatic changes like the addition of black will ultimately make the older jerseys well look old & one sense make them void. It will also change the overall look of a DHBC bunch. I don't think cycling NSW will be too concerned as long as there is no advertising.

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 08 Mar 2009, 21:32

I don't think that we are 100% locked into the design though we will have to agree. Dramatic changes like the addition of black will ultimately make the older jerseys well look old & one sense make them void. It will also change the overall look of a DHBC bunch. I don't think cycling NSW will be too concerned as long as there is no advertising.
So who/which group is going to be making that decision and what is the decision making process?

If Michael is to be allowed to freely express his creativity, then we should have some criteria available for him to consider and work on eg. I understand the circled DH logo is a must have.

christian

Postby christian » 09 Mar 2009, 07:22

I like the new design. Is there a problem with changing the jersey? Lots of clubs change their designs as their sponsors changes. As for sizing we should check to see if we can get some sizing samples after we pay the deposit. This is going to be more important for the skinsuits then anything else as you may not find one in a shop you can try on. They should offer this service as other manufacturers do.

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 09 Mar 2009, 07:55

As said during our meeting, I will ask to obtain some sizing samples for the skin suits in particular.

As for the design, I understand that keeping the present design would permit retrograde compatibility. consistency, no pressure to upgrade, no need to inform CNSW. Giving a new look would freshen our club's appearance and move it to the 21st century. I understand this decision is up to the executives.

brego

Postby brego » 09 Mar 2009, 10:06

tell me something < why change ? maybe have more selction of shirts short to long sleeve but if we change we should have a general vote from all the members regards nick ps i did not joint this club to change shirts every year thats why left the other club .

Beanzy

Postby Beanzy » 09 Mar 2009, 11:00

My understanding is that a previously approved club clothing by CNSW is always elegible to be worn at any event. Looking at CNSW website, you just have a rider with a red jersey. You cant tell what/when/or text on the jersey.

I reckon if you do change your design somewhat, just submit it to CNSW. I pretty sure its just a formality.

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 09 Mar 2009, 11:11

no problems, come down to the track and have a ride and we can meet :lol: i am trying to do saturday slowies ride so if you are there next week we can have a chat.
Sounds good. Let's wait for the latest reply from Nalini's distributor that'll address those questions that came out of our meeting and let this change vs no change discussion brew a bit so that there's no wasted design time. I can also think of some fancy stylish designs that's more like a Salvatore Dali than a common pro-team jersey. It'll be distinct and stands out but not sure it'll be to the taste of the traditionalists. Life (Jersey) should be an open canvas! ;)

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 09 Mar 2009, 11:17

tell me something < why change ? maybe have more selction of shirts short to long sleeve but if we change we should have a general vote from all the members regards nick ps i did not joint this club to change shirts every year thats why left the other club .
I agree that it's a pain to have to be forced to pay for a new jerseys every year. However, would a 3 year jersey update cycle be acceptable? How about 5 years? Not saying that's what we have to do but just to get everyone thinking and see whether there's a sensible common ground that all can be happy with, and one that allows the club to move with the times.

Michael Chidgey

Postby Michael Chidgey » 09 Mar 2009, 13:15

i agree with changing every year but now we have chance to update the design with a new supplier for 0 extra cost. The jersey with have now is good but i think we can spruce it up a little and make the club riders want to wear it.

micklan

Postby micklan » 09 Mar 2009, 16:15

Norths cycle gear

http://www.northernsydneycyclingclub.or ... &Itemid=31

same colours but design difference is wide

Michael Chidgey

Postby Michael Chidgey » 09 Mar 2009, 20:12

ImageImage

changed the colours, changed the 100 years on the back to the website and added the DH logo's on the arms

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 09 Mar 2009, 20:18

Do we need the full text down the sides? Would the 4 circle DHBC logo work better down the sides?

How about a circled DH logo over the middle rear pocket?

Michael Chidgey

Postby Michael Chidgey » 09 Mar 2009, 20:42

Do we need the full text down the sides? Would the 4 circle DHBC logo work better down the sides?

How about a circled DH logo over the middle rear pocket?

geoff m

Postby geoff m » 09 Mar 2009, 20:49

My two bob...

If we can retain the "100 years of cycling in the inner west" in some form, it would be good to update it to "101 years of cycling in the inner west". This would then indicate the series of jersey and also advertise our vintage nature of our club......

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 09 Mar 2009, 20:59

The other adjustment I think that's needed is the ringed DH over the sleeves, they'll need to be rotated.

I am not sure the full texts over the shoulder is that visually appealing. I quite liked the thicker white bands you had in one of the earlier drafts and think it gives a more contemporary look. I also wondered how it would look if the two thick white bands somehow runs into the thicker white circle around the DH logo. Could create some interesting effects there.

As for the white bands on the ends of the sleeve, would it be more sensible to get the same treatment as the collar ie. One more band of red at the hem?

Further idea on the side panels. Rather than the black, how about if we use a deeper shade of red for it, one that would enhance to brighter reds of the DHBC logo? Maybe we can do some playing with shades of red rather than a different colour. This would preserve our "redness" but gain more design freedom and style. In which case we may be able to avoid the two white line down the sides of torso.

One other matter to remember is that the full length zipper will break up any text messages across the front. We may have to relocate the 101 years sentence to a different location and think of an appropriate layout for "Dulwich Hill Bicycle Club". Or we can leave this to Nalini's graphic artists to sort out.

Another idea... How about a ring of fine red texts within that white band around the collar? A subtle message or club motto?

Michael Chidgey

Postby Michael Chidgey » 09 Mar 2009, 22:19

last one for tonight, not sure about the darker red but you get the idea.

Simon Llewellyn

Postby Simon Llewellyn » 10 Mar 2009, 06:36

[/quote]

Hey guys I think that we should run with this design to get the quote because that's basically all the first design is for, but can we just make it one red for the time being & add the rings down the sides to keep with the old one?

Remember that Nalini will probably have their own ideas & after the quote phase there will be abit of backwards & forwards involved in getting the design right & that's when all the little things that people are interested in changing matter.

The sooner we start to get the process running, the sooner we will get the new jerseys... Plus this design has enough changes to make it look a bit more modern but not enough changes to make it look particularly different from the old jersey. But we can vote when we get to that part of the decision making process...

Stuart

Postby Stuart » 10 Mar 2009, 06:55

Short sleeve jersey: 18
Name: Weiyun (1), Micklan (1), Simon.Sharwood (1), Mikesbytes (1), Shrubb Face (1), Stretch (1), Rainbow (1), Michele (1), JohnR (1), Anthony (1), Joanne Troutman(1), Franksun87 (1), Stevanr (1), GeoffS/Marian (2), T-Bone (1), DavidM (1), Stuart (1)

Bib: 7
Name: T-Bone (2), shrubb face (1), Anthony (1), Mikesbytes (1), Toff (1), Stuart (1)

Name: Toff (1), Simon Llewellyn (1), shrubb face (1) Tim Llewellyn (1), John (1), Joanne Troutman (1)

Tim Llewellyn (1)

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 10 Mar 2009, 07:16

My two bob...

If we can retain the "100 years of cycling in the inner west" in some form, it would be good to update it to "101 years of cycling in the inner west". This would then indicate the series of jersey and also advertise our vintage nature of our club......
It's on both the front and the back, I was suggesting having it on one side only and having www.dhbc.org.au on the other side, as per the limited edition VIP orange jerseys

Michael Chidgey

Postby Michael Chidgey » 10 Mar 2009, 09:28

It's on both the front and the back, I was suggesting having it on one side only and having www.dhbc.org.au on the other side, as per the limited edition VIP orange jerseys
i did this in an earlier design, i think that the big www.dhbc.org.au over the top of the shoulders at the back was enough.

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 10 Mar 2009, 09:29

I like the big URL curving over the rear shoulder. Looks good!

Daryl

Postby Daryl » 10 Mar 2009, 14:08

Add one more short sleeve jersey for me too...thanks.

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 10 Mar 2009, 14:40

Daryl, just copy and paste.

-----

Short sleeve jersey: 19
Name: Weiyun (1), Micklan (1), Simon.Sharwood (1), Mikesbytes (1), Shrubb Face (1), Stretch (1), Rainbow (1), Michele (1), JohnR (1), Anthony (1), Joanne Troutman(1), Franksun87 (1), Stevanr (1), GeoffS/Marian (2), T-Bone (1), DavidM (1), Stuart (1), Daryl (1)

Bib: 7
Name: T-Bone (2), shrubb face (1), Anthony (1), Mikesbytes (1), Toff (1), Stuart (1)

Tim Llewellyn (1)

Michael Chidgey

Postby Michael Chidgey » 10 Mar 2009, 21:10

should probably put mine in;

Short sleeve jersey: 20
Name: Weiyun (1), Micklan (1), Simon.Sharwood (1), Mikesbytes (1), Shrubb Face (1), Stretch (1), Rainbow (1), Michele (1), JohnR (1), Anthony (1), Joanne Troutman(1), Franksun87 (1), Stevanr (1), GeoffS/Marian (2), T-Bone (1), DavidM (1), Stuart (1), Daryl (1) michael chidgey (1)

Bib: 8
Name: T-Bone (2), shrubb face (1), Anthony (1), Mikesbytes (1), Toff (1), Stuart (1) michael chidgey (1)

Short sleeve Skinsuit: 7
Name: Toff (1), Simon Llewellyn (1), shrubb face (1) Tim Llewellyn (1), John (1), Joanne Troutman (1) michael chidgey (1)

Tim Llewellyn (1)

simon.sharwood

Postby simon.sharwood » 11 Mar 2009, 13:15

I love these new designs, but feel we always need to be careful about the letters 'DH' by themselves, therefore recommend losing the very large version in some of these ideas.

geoff m

Postby geoff m » 11 Mar 2009, 20:40

Sizing
Measurements in inches (chest/mens) Size 2: 30-32 Size 3: 34-36 Size 4: 38-40 Size 5: 40-42 Size 6: 43-44 Size 7: 45-47 Size 8: 48-50

I"ve found that size 4 is roughly equivalent to the current medium jersey & 6 about large though maybe slightly looser.
I picked up a Nalini in Italy and tried quite a few on and settled for a size 7. Its still 'snug' for me. I normally wear XL of the current stock.

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 11 Mar 2009, 20:47

I picked up a Nalini in Italy and tried quite a few on and settled for a size 7. Its still 'snug' for me. I normally wear XL of the current stock.
As pointed out early, there are different fits in the Nalini range. So unless what you purchased was in their pro line, I'd suggest that you double check for this order.

I am still waiting for a reply from our local Nalini dealer. Will need the info before the next step.

timyone

Postby timyone » 12 Mar 2009, 08:31

i agree with changing every year but now we have chance to update the design with a new supplier for 0 extra cost. The jersey with have now is good but i think we can spruce it up a little and make the club riders want to wear it.
i dont think we plan on changing the shirts much (hopefully we dont need to all have the new one to race :s

we are all after skin suits though, and we want cool looking ones :D to do that we need the jersy to match... not that we are making every one else change to fit our skin suits...

speaking of, some of those paterns that are posted look heaps good! nice work!!!! i like them all :D

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 12 Mar 2009, 10:53

Ok, here are the answers to our questions,

1) They are reluctant to provide a minimum order and suggest that we submit the desired order and then negotiate from that point.

2) They have sample clothing but would not release it until order has reached final design and 50% deposit has been paid. Further, final order would not be released until all samples have been returned.

I suggest that we now decide on the overall numbers required for each line and submit them for a formal quote. My understanding is,

Short sleeve jersey: 32
Short sleeve skin suit: 7
Long sleeve skin suit: 5

We also need the sample design for short sleeve jersey and skin suits. I am not sure what you guys want to do with bib design, but I can't see the point of a full black bib with an order of 8 units. Might as well go and get it from the shops. I'd suggest a basic DHBC logo on the tail or side and see.

Simon, have you got the logos from Grant yet? We also need to make some adjustments to the logo (thicker ring and bolder fonts) before submitting to Nalini.

99Honeyburst

Postby 99Honeyburst » 12 Mar 2009, 12:36

I agree - I have a couple of Nalinis and size 6 would equal an Aussie L...

T-Bone

Postby T-Bone » 12 Mar 2009, 13:41

I am not sure what you guys want to do with bib design, but I can't see the point of a full black bib with an order of 8 units. Might as well go and get it from the shops. I'd suggest a basic DHBC logo on the tail or side and see.
A full black bib is still cheaper than comparable bibs at the shop, and top quality, but i think there was a plan for something down the legs like the skinsuits.

Michael Chidgey

Postby Michael Chidgey » 12 Mar 2009, 13:52

We also need the sample design for short sleeve jersey and skin suits. I am not sure what you guys want to do with bib design, but I can't see the point of a full black bib with an order of 8 units. Might as well go and get it from the shops. I'd suggest a basic DHBC logo on the tail or side and see.

Simon, have you got the logos from Grant yet? We also need to make some adjustments to the logo (thicker ring and bolder fonts) before submitting to Nalini.
i can finish of the skinsuit and jersey design tonight if you want to go with that. i can email full size copies to you weiyun if you want.

simon.sharwood

Postby simon.sharwood » 12 Mar 2009, 13:59

This thread is soooooooooo long now. I vote we ditch the jerseys and become a nude cycling club.
:D :oops:

Toff

Postby Toff » 12 Mar 2009, 14:17

When I spoke to Simon last week I started rabbiting on about some design ideas I had based on what in my opionion is the best looking cycling kit of all time: the 1984 Aussie Olympic team kit.

Simon said the jersey would not be changing, but now it looks like some of us want to re-design the jersey, so I thought I'd post my concept...

Here's the sort of thing I was talking about.
Image...or...Image

I personally think it stands out much better than the other designs, and there's no way you would get confused with any other red jersays out there.

If you're interested, this pic shows the Aussie jersey it's based on. Those four pursuit bikes you can see in the bottom left of the picture are Malvern Stars they used to ride to victory on.

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 12 Mar 2009, 15:42

Ok guys. It's getting very messy as expected.

The current plan is to submit a basic draft based on our current design so that we can get a quote. Remember, we'll keep it to within 3 colours or the price will change.

We need to agree on a tentative order number.

James, I am not sure you'll get your bargain of the century if you went all black 1) They are not stupid. 2) Price goes up under 25 units. With the present order of 8, it may be false economy. If we do add some logo/graphics and looked nice, we may be able to get the order up due to more interest.

Michael, see PM.

Simon Llewellyn

Postby Simon Llewellyn » 12 Mar 2009, 16:53

Put me down for 2 jerseys as well.. Can we get a quote on skinsuites while we're at it?

I spoke to michael last night about the design, so he just has to put together...

There's also a few people after jerseys who don't get on the forum, so give me a couple of days to see to ring around.

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 12 Mar 2009, 16:59

Put me down for 2 jerseys as well.. Can we get a quote on skinsuites while we're at it?

There's also a few people after jerseys who don't get on the forum, so give me a couple of days to see to ring around.
I have skinsuits numbers on the list.

-----

Short sleeve jersey: 22
Name: Weiyun (1), Micklan (1), Simon.Sharwood (1), Mikesbytes (1), Shrubb Face (1), Stretch (1), Rainbow (1), Michele (1), JohnR (1), Anthony (1), Joanne Troutman(1), Franksun87 (1), Stevanr (1), GeoffS/Marian (2), T-Bone (1), DavidM (1), Stuart (1), Daryl (1), michael chidgey (1), SimonL (2)

Name: T-Bone (2), shrubb face (1), Anthony (1), Mikesbytes (1), Toff (1), Stuart (1), michael chidgey (1)

Short sleeve Skinsuit: 7
Name: Toff (1), Simon Llewellyn (1), shrubb face (1), Tim Llewellyn (1), John (1), Joanne Troutman (1), michael chidgey (1)

Name: Simon Llewellyn (1), shrubb face (1), christian (1), Mikesbytes (1), Tim Llewellyn (1)

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 12 Mar 2009, 17:01

If we went for a single length sleeve in the skinsuits, would that give us the numbers to get to better price?

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 12 Mar 2009, 17:21

If we went for a single length sleeve in the skinsuits, would that give us the numbers to get to better price?
No final answer yet but that's the general idea. The contingency discussed at the meeting was to move everyone to long sleeve if we can get a better price.

Anyway, given the low unit numbers for the skin suit, let's wait for the quote before you let your jaw drop.

Simon Llewellyn

Postby Simon Llewellyn » 12 Mar 2009, 17:56

No final answer yet but that's the general idea. The contingency discussed at the meeting was to move everyone to long sleeve if we can get a better price.

Anyway, given the low unit numbers for the skin suit, let's wait for the quote before you let your jaw drop.
Probably short sleeve is better then they can be used all year round. But hopefully they will allow us to have both...

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 12 Mar 2009, 18:33

Probably short sleeve is better then they can be used all year round. But hopefully they will allow us to have both...
Errr... I thought you guys wanted long sleeves if one had to make a choice b/n the two. Wasn't it something about wearing arm warmers are uncool?

Anyway, we can decide on this after the initial quote comes in and whether the agent can offer some suggestions given the situation.

Michael Chidgey

Postby Michael Chidgey » 12 Mar 2009, 21:26

had a bash at Toff's idea

this one has the new text on the legs simon asked about and the arm and neck bands currently on the jersey.

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 12 Mar 2009, 21:35

How about a logo version on the bib end?

Given that we don't have a prior version of DHBC bib, maybe there can be a little bit more creativity.

Michael Chidgey

Postby Michael Chidgey » 12 Mar 2009, 21:39

poop just realised that i missed a strip on the left back sleave.
How about a logo version on the bib end?
Given that we don't have a prior version of DHBC bib, maybe there can be a little bit more creativity.
you lost me with this, what's the bib end?

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 13 Mar 2009, 08:14

you lost me with this, what's the bib end?
Sorry, I mistyped. What I meant was on the back of the bib, behind the buttock.

I've received the draft for the other two, are you able to generate a draft for the bib? Thanks.

Alex R

Postby Alex R » 13 Mar 2009, 22:00

Wow I obviously haven't been on the forum for a while! If you are still tallying numbers put me down for 1 jersey, 1 short sleeve skin suit and 1 long sleeve skin suit. Great work on the designs by the way. My only suggestion is for all red rather than making the shorts black (as in one of the early designs).

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 14 Mar 2009, 10:18

Wow I obviously haven't been on the forum for a while! If you are still tallying numbers put me down for 1 jersey, 1 short sleeve skin suit and 1 long sleeve skin suit. Great work on the designs by the way. My only suggestion is for all red rather than making the shorts black (as in one of the early designs).
Alex, just copy and paste and add your number in the list. We won't finalize the order number until we have the final graphics from Nalini, so just keep updating it.

The current plan is to order a few extra jerseys in the final order but for skinsuits, there won't be any more order than what you put down. Further, the question of whether we can get separate short and long sleeve lines is still unresolved. It'll come down to the cost.

I've done it for you this time.

----

Short sleeve jersey: 23
Name: Weiyun (1), Micklan (1), Simon.Sharwood (1), Mikesbytes (1), Shrubb Face (1), Stretch (1), Rainbow (1), Michele (1), JohnR (1), Anthony (1), Joanne Troutman(1), Franksun87 (1), Stevanr (1), GeoffS/Marian (2), T-Bone (1), DavidM (1), Stuart (1), Daryl (1), michael chidgey (1), SimonL (2), Alex R (1)

Name: T-Bone (2), shrubb face (1), Anthony (1), Mikesbytes (1), Toff (1), Stuart (1), michael chidgey (1)

Short sleeve Skinsuit: 8
Name: Toff (1), Simon Llewellyn (1), shrubb face (1), Tim Llewellyn (1), John (1), Joanne Troutman (1), michael chidgey (1), Alex R (1)

Long sleeve skinsuit: 6
Name: Simon Llewellyn (1), shrubb face (1), christian (1), Mikesbytes (1), Tim Llewellyn (1), Alex R (1)

T-Bone

Postby T-Bone » 14 Mar 2009, 18:03

Just updating some quantities and adding a skinsuit to my order (this is starting to add up.... :shock: )
----

Short sleeve jersey: 24
Name: Weiyun (1), Micklan (1), Simon.Sharwood (1), Mikesbytes (1), Shrubb Face (1), Stretch (1), Rainbow (1), Michele (1), JohnR (1), Anthony (1), Joanne Troutman(1), Franksun87 (1), Stevanr (1), GeoffS/Marian (2), T-Bone (2), DavidM (1), Stuart (1), Daryl (1), michael chidgey (1), SimonL (2), Alex R (1)

Name: Toff (1), Simon Llewellyn (1), shrubb face (1), Tim Llewellyn (1), John (1), Joanne Troutman (1), michael chidgey (1), Alex R (1)

Long sleeve skinsuit: 7
Name: Simon Llewellyn (1), shrubb face (1), christian (1), Mikesbytes (1), Tim Llewellyn (1), Alex R (1), T-Bone (1)

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 16 Mar 2009, 11:36

Ok, our quote request has gone out based on the latest designs.

Jersey 32, Bib 8, SS Skinsuit 8 and LS Skinsuit 7

We'll rework the options and numbers once the costs are known.

In the meantime, the club URL on the bib is too high (same position as the skinsuit) as it'll be covered by the jersey above. But that can be sorted when we deal with Nalini's graphic artists.

T-Bone

Postby T-Bone » 16 Mar 2009, 13:10

Also, don't forget the extra "w" in the website. Plus i beleive the side of the bibs/skinsuit needs to match, rather than dulwich hill on one side and bicycle club on the other, but this can probably be worked out with the designer. Something simple like what simon had put up is probably good.

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 16 Mar 2009, 13:22

Actually, we don't need the "www". Follow the KISS principle, simple is better.

As for the bib, I am not holding my breath for an economical run given the small order. However, if we jazz it up with club colour and stylish design, then I think there would be a lot more interested parties. Otherwise, black bib/knicks are everywhere and why pay $100+ for something that's somewhat boring.

T-Bone

Postby T-Bone » 16 Mar 2009, 13:31

Good thinking!

I guess we can wait and see with the bibs, but the same issue applies for the skinsuit, it's best if both sides of the legs are the same.

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 16 Mar 2009, 13:50

We need something better than just club name spelt out in full. If it's unbalanced b/n the two sides, then it had better be something really stylish. Otherwise we need bold colour and style in that bib to attract more interest. Or it'll be a dead product line for the club.

James, you are not going to get your discount Nalini bib if we can't get serious interest from the rest of the club membership. ;)

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 20 Mar 2009, 22:15

Just an update. The agent is waiting for the response from Nalini in Italy. Supposedly the factory is under pressure with some new team orders. Expect the initial quote to arrive early next week.

MarkG

Postby MarkG » 21 Mar 2009, 12:05

If I've found the right place to place an order - I'd like a jersey, Men's size Large.

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 21 Mar 2009, 12:23

If I've found the right place to place an order - I'd like a jersey, Men's size Large.
Mark, please copy & paste earlier order summary and add in your required number. Further, we are aiming with Nalini and it would be safest if you double check your size. We will come back to the question of size once the supplier is confirmed given the variability b/n suppliers.

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 21 Mar 2009, 14:31

Good news! The first quote is in and the prices all looked pretty affordable, even the skin suits. However, the alternate scenarios all required a significant increase in the quantity of skinsuits. So I've asked him to provide a second set of quotes with different bib unit numbers. Hopefully we'll get a response on this soon.

In the meantime, we need the following:

- Previous logo graphics.
- Finalize the designs.
- A more stylish bib design and promotion on bib orders.
- Another reminder for people to check their sizes as once we are confirmed, we'll move very fast to try to avoid the expected production delay of Northern summer.

Simon and Michael, can you PM your email addresses and phone numbers? Thanks!

brego

Postby brego » 21 Mar 2009, 15:47

also just add my order short sleeve shirt and long sleeve skinsuit

Short sleeve jersey: 25
Name: Weiyun (1), Micklan (1), Simon.Sharwood (1), Mikesbytes (1), Shrubb Face (1), Stretch (1), Rainbow (1), Michele (1), JohnR (1), Anthony (1), Joanne Troutman(1), Franksun87 (1), Stevanr (1), GeoffS/Marian (2), T-Bone (2), DavidM (1), Stuart (1), Daryl (1), michael chidgey (1), SimonL (2), Alex R (1) , brego (1) size 7

Long sleeve skinsuit: 8
Name: Simon Llewellyn (1), shrubb face (1), christian (1), Mikesbytes (1), Tim Llewellyn (1), Alex R (1), T-Bone (1), brego (1) size 7

hopefully we do not change shirt design every year

regards
nick

Return to “Conversation”