Gear Up Girl ride - 7 March 2009 - photo

Bicycle related chatter & discussion
SuzieSpiro

Postby SuzieSpiro » 07 Mar 2009, 15:40

Hi - here is a photo from the Gear Up Girl ride (Cronulla to Homebush) which Jess and I rode in today, along with her friends Harmony and ?? (sorry Jess forgot the other girl's name) and my friend Toni who I ride with on the Marrickville Bike Bus.

After a slightly earlier than normal Saturday start, we met up at 6.10am (yawn) at Sydenham station to catch the train to Cronulla. However sleepy me managed to put us on a Waterfall train and when we got to Engadine we realised our error. So the girls did an early morning warm up ride from Engadine back to Sutherland (quicker than the train) then got on the RIGHT train to Cronulla. We ended up missing the final group at the start, but thankfully due to Jess' blinding pace we caught them up at the first rest stop at Dolls Point/Brighton-Le-Sands.

The rest of the ride was really enjoyable - we rode along the Cooks River bike path, through Strathfield and onto Homebush (the finish was at Newington Armoury). The ride itself was 55kms but we added on a few extra kms with the Engadine to Sutherland warm up! Toni and I tried hard to race the Cronulla 'cops on bikes' over the finish line at Homebush, but there was a bit of a friendly scuffle at the end and they just beat us over the line. Oh well, there is always next year for a rematch! All in all, a great fun day of riding. Cheers, Suzanne
Last edited by SuzieSpiro on 08 Mar 2009, 09:54, edited 2 times in total.

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 07 Mar 2009, 16:08

Nice going girls!

Now, DHBC needs to own them all. :lol:

Rainbow

Postby Rainbow » 07 Mar 2009, 16:49

Wow, what a great pic!
Gee we did do a good job a chasing down that last bunch. So much power!
Thanks for a wonderful day :D

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 07 Mar 2009, 16:56

Great going, cool photo

Next time you'll get those girls in blue

SuzieSpiro

Postby SuzieSpiro » 08 Mar 2009, 09:56

Actually Mike it was the boys in blue. They were the only boys who were allowed to ride with us. They got paid overtime to ride with chicks on bikes. A tough job but someone's got to do it... they looked like they were having a REALLY tough time of it - not! :D

Return to “Conversation”