Fly6 - question to backers

Bicycle related chatter & discussion
jimmy

Postby jimmy » 15 Jul 2014, 08:56

Hi All

I backed this and I've seen several DHBC riders with them on the back of the bike, but I'm yet to get mine. Is there anyone else in the same situation as me? They backed it and haven't yet received the light.

utopia

Postby utopia » 16 Jul 2014, 13:29

I have received mine as well as another mate.
Did you get an email along the lines of : "Thank you for your Fly6 order! We wanted to let you know that your order (#xxxxx) is processed and ready to ship. "

Drop Fly6 an email to confirm the process, if not yet done there is a postage fee and you have to supply them your address

Anthony K

Postby Anthony K » 16 Jul 2014, 15:49

Mine was advance purchase rather than backed through kick starter. Turned up exactly when promised.

jimmy

Postby jimmy » 17 Jul 2014, 16:11

I'm pretty sure that I got an email in May stating that it was ready to ship.

I'll need to check my email to confirm.

jimmy

Postby jimmy » 27 Oct 2014, 16:40

A Fly6 is in the news, this is both a good and bad thing.

Bad thing, it's there because a cyclist got hit by a motorist.

Good thing, the police have admitted that without the footage, the cyclist probably would have been changed, with the footage, the motorist is shown to be in the wrong.
A cyclist has captured the terrifying moment he was hurled over the windscreen of a car after a collision at an intersection on Sydney's lower north shore.

Gladesville resident Paul Ludlow said the footage doesn't just show how lucky he is to be alive - it also convinced police that he had not broken the law.

Mr Ludlow was riding home from work earlier this month when a driver allegedly pulled out in front of him at the intersection of West and Falcon streets in Crows Nest.

"He had a green light, I had a green light. We were both coming towards each other but he should have given way to me coming through the lights but for whatever reason he didn't see me," Mr Ludlow said.

The next thing Mr Ludlow knew, he had smashed into the car's windscreen and was thrown to the ground. His bike had been snapped in two.

utopia

Postby utopia » 31 Oct 2014, 09:47

the police have admitted that without the footage, the cyclist probably would have been changed
Is this a fact in this particular case? Source please.

We know there is such precedence from the police , even when there *IS* footage (The Sat Slowies debacle a few years back for one) it's quite disturbing to hear of the prejudice.

jimmy

Postby jimmy » 31 Oct 2014, 15:36

Is this a fact in this particular case? Source please.

We know there is such precedence from the police , even when there *IS* footage (The Sat Slowies debacle a few years back for one) it's quite disturbing to hear of the prejudice.
Yep, I misrepresented the article. The cyclist admitted that the footage was useful
According to Mr Ludlow, it was "extremely useful" and was what stopped him being held responsible for the crash.

Return to “Conversation”