Sports sunglasses for those who need reading glasses

Bicycle related chatter & discussion
Stuart

Postby Stuart » 04 Jan 2014, 09:11

Like many cyclists I've got a Garmin 500. But when I ride I can't see it, even with only two items per screen. This is because I'm long sighted and have reading glasses. I also can't see my phone or anything else close up when I'm out riding, so I carry a pair of cheap chemist glasses in case I need to call somebody or read something.

Not any more :-) Thanks to Ted who told me about them, I now have a pair of Dual Sunglasses

As they say "Our sports oriented power sunglasses complement your active lifestyle by improving your vision of hard-to-read products such as cycle computers and cell phones by way of a discreet magnification area molded into the lower portion of the lenses."

And yes they work great. They come in 1.5, 2.0 and 2.5 magnification.

I have these ones >> http://www.dualeyewear.com.au/#!dual-sl2/c1adb - $69 from Wiggle.

Colin Campbell

Postby Colin Campbell » 07 Jan 2014, 19:45

Then comes the hearing aid fitted to your helmet to hear the calls:-)

marc2131

Postby marc2131 » 07 Jan 2014, 20:02

As they say "Our sports oriented power sunglasses complement your active lifestyle by ..... And yes they work great. They come in 1.5, 2.0 and 2.5 magnification.
This sounds like an infomercial! :wink:
Good product though. I have the same problem as you Stuart. Last 5 years can't read anything up close anymore.

Return to “Conversation”