New gorilla (large monkey) bike challenge

Bicycle related chatter & discussion
christian

Postby christian » 19 Jun 2011, 18:44

In my travels today I found a kids bike on the side of the road. After a little work, rebuilt both hubs, re-greased the headset, removed any unnecessary weight. I left the chain guard on not for safety, but because I would have had to remove the cranks to get it off. I even tried to find a way to turn it into a fixie but couldn't come up with anything, not even the interweb helped with this one. Not happy with the standard bmx bars I have opted for a more aggressive riding position, 100mm stem and some old school mountain bike flat bars, nice and wide. I discovered the wide bars are required for climbing out of the saddle, which is near impossible. All that is required is some pedals as one is broken, they are that annoying small thread size.

Does anyone has any pedals they wish to donate to the cause. The other thing it could use is a longer seatpost, maybe one with some set back, but I think I'm dreaming, its a 22mm diameter post.

I'll be bringing down to the track to see who can set the fastest lap time.

NOOG

Postby NOOG » 19 Jun 2011, 19:33

Looks like a mini Gary Fisher Joshua sans suspension.
Also, on an even nerdier note, I'm not riding it until you remove the Pterosaur sticker. It isn't a dinosaur or a gorilla and, as such, does not belong on the bike.

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 19 Jun 2011, 20:02

That's one I can actually ride

patn

Postby patn » 22 Jun 2011, 11:15

can i record my lap with my aero bars? i think i can shave a couple seconds off...

Return to “Conversation”