"Gear Up Girl" ride - Sat, 7 March 2009

Bicycle related chatter & discussion
SuzieSpiro

Postby SuzieSpiro » 08 Feb 2009, 16:19

Hello all cycling women out there! Just wanted to make you aware of the "Gear Up Girl" ride taking place on Saturday 7 March.
The ride started last year and encourages women of all ages and levels to come along and cycle in a safe and fun environment. It starts at Cronulla beach at 7.30am and finishes at Homebush Bay at around lunchtime. It's a total of 55kms but VERY flat route and mainly along bike paths with 3 rest stops to replenish your water bottle along the way (there is even coffee and ice cream available at one rest stop)! The cycling route along the beach at Brighton-Le-Sands was really beautiful. If you can do 'Saturday Slowies', you can do this ride.

I did the ride last year with a friend and really enjoyed ourselves. I've signed up to do it again this year with my friend Toni and we would LOVE any cycling chicks out there to and join us. The cost to register for the ride is $60. If you want more info, please feel free to contact me on the forum or at Saturday Slowies.

Here is the link to the website with all the details: http://www.gearupgirl.com.au/

Cheers, Suzanne

Rainbow

Postby Rainbow » 11 Feb 2009, 12:30

Hi Suzie,

I'll come and do the ride with you. Have you already bought your entry? I'd be too nervous to do it by myself!

Jessica (and Rainbow)

SuzieSpiro

Postby SuzieSpiro » 16 Feb 2009, 09:36

Hey Jess
Have we got a deal for you - the girl I'm riding with, Toni had another friend Sandra who was meant to be riding in this event. However Sandra has discovered she's got a friend's wedding on the same day. So Sandra is offering her registration to whoever wants it - free of charge! Now that's a bargain! I'll tell Toni to put it on 'hold' for you - can you just confirm back to me that you'll take it? By the way, I'm already registered. Cheers, Suzanne :)

SuzieSpiro

Postby SuzieSpiro » 16 Feb 2009, 09:59

Hey Jess - back again. The spare registration for 'Gear Up Girl' is yours! Just need your address details so we can post you the number and information pack. Can you email me to my work email address with your contact details - my work email is (** removing this as per Stuart's suggestion/Jess has now been in touch by email).

Thanks
Suzanne :)

Return to “Conversation”