Heffron 13/9/08

Road cycling & upcoming rides
Beanzy

Postby Beanzy » 15 Sep 2008, 16:08

First warm day of the season saw a smaller but healthy turnout for Saturdays racing. A strong north easter kept speeds down a bit.

A grade saw some hard hitters such as Ben Kersten, young Ben Elliot and Robbie Cater. This was a good field despite the Gouburn to Citi being on as well. Robbie went onto win but was in a two man breakaway that smashed the field. Only one other rider finished and took third.

B grade looked to be pretty quick most of the time. I cant rember who one but avg speed was high 36km/h.

C Grade: What can i say, D grade were once again faster!! Avg speed 34km/h. 1 DHBC rider in the bunch. Sorry can't remember where you finished.

D grade: The field was progressively whittled away leaving four to contest the final lap. A strong win by a new club member. Avg speed 34.2km/h.

Hope to see DHBC in numbers throught the summer.

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 15 Sep 2008, 16:31

How did you go Beanzy ?

micklan

Postby micklan » 15 Sep 2008, 18:03

D grade: The field was progressively whittled away leaving four to contest the final lap. A strong win by a new club member. Avg speed 34.2km/h.

Hope to see DHBC in numbers throught the summer.
Good to hear and Thanks for report and update Beanzy
I think Alex was in C grade last Sat
I hope to return to Heffron on 27 Sept

cheers

Beanzy

Postby Beanzy » 16 Sep 2008, 07:37

I was commisaire for the day with most of the RBCC gang touring Sardinia at the moment. No opportunity to race. I will be commisaire this weeka s well.

Hope to see some DHBC colours this week. See ya there!

timyone

Postby timyone » 21 Sep 2008, 22:12

Thanx for the report beanzy, this is the only racing we have on at the moment now that RAW is over. Unless we put more of our own races on i guess.

Heaps good to hear ben kirstin was there!!

Return to “Road”