Heffron 30-8-2008

Road cycling & upcoming rides
mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 31 Aug 2008, 22:26

From another forum;
I was there but didn't race. I was running the day whilst most of our hardworking committee are touring Sardinia on their bikes.....I was the bloke with the vest and clipboard.

As 531db said, E grade was back today with 9 riders. They had an average speed of about 31km/h. Not bad considering most of the group were new riders. Thanks to Dulwich Hill club for bringing along a contingent to experience racing.

Numbers were down a bit in A, C and D grades. B grade still had a large bunch.

To stretch: just come down we will ask a few questions and try and assess your capabilties.

As a guide D grade is about 34-36km/h, C grade 36-38km/h (when they have a go - this week same speed as D grade!!) B grade - 38-40km/h A grade 40+km/h.

Don't let the speeds worry you if they are above your "normal" pace, racing is always faster, there is also the bunch to drag you along.

I normally race D grade. Trust me if i can do it any one can. I am the really fat bastard......

Come down and ask any questions and we will try to help. As you mentioned best value now for membership is to wait till October for 15 month license.

Cheers

Beanzy
Who were the new DHBC riders ?

Beanzy

Postby Beanzy » 01 Sep 2008, 13:42

Not real sure, can't remember the names. However 1 of the newbies took home the biccys. Linsday would have the details.

Camilla

Postby Camilla » 11 Sep 2008, 06:50

Hey, what's the story? I'd have been there is I wasn't overhead in a plane and am dying to know how the girls went!

Return to “Road”