2016 NSW Clubs Teams Time Trial - Saturday 16th of July

Road cycling & upcoming rides
Dougie

Postby Dougie » 18 Apr 2016, 12:08

Hi All
and yes I am talking to you! Saturday the 16th of July will be the date for the best event of the year. The annual NSW Clubs Teams Time Trial. Last year we had 11 teams of four participate in this event. This year we should be able to easily beat that number. For those of you unfamiliar with this event it involves you and two or three of your bestie riding buddies riding in a line for 40km. For that "Fully Pro" experience you are permitted to cajole a member of your family into driving behind you in a "Team Car" with spare wheels and a child barking orders at you out of an open window.

In recent years there have been two events running concurrently. The NSW TTT and the Sassafrass Challenge Event. The NSW TTT catered to those riders with Racing Licences and are single gender teams. The Sassafrass Challenge was a little more carnival in nature and allowed mixed gender teams of up to four riders and a recreational licence. The course is held behind Nowra Airport on Braidwood Rd and I around 40KM in distance.

Many have chosen to make a weekend of it and brought their families or shared accommodation. There is also a road race the following day for those whom wish a bit more punishment.

"Oh I can't do this!" If you can ride Saturday Slowies you can ride the Team Time Trial. It's fun training for it and it's fun competing in it.

"So, what do I do now then?"

Step one start creating teams.
Step two if you don't have a team then let me know and I will put you on the list of "keen but as yet unsigned athletes"

Start a list below if you would like to be on a team

Cheers

Dougie

Stuart

Postby Stuart » 18 Apr 2016, 17:08

Thanks for the reminder. I better book the Nowra house and the fabo Bowral restaurant, Biota Dining for lunch on the Sunday.

I'm hoping to be DS/Soigneur for one of the women's masters teams again this year.

Strawburger

Postby Strawburger » 18 Apr 2016, 17:13

Just to let all the masters mens teams know, I won't be organising it this year. If someone wants to put their hand up, I'm happy to hand over the master spreadsheet and any tips on assembling the teams.

JoTheBuilder

Postby JoTheBuilder » 26 Apr 2016, 15:29

Stuart, is there anything in particular I need to do to be a driver?

I won't be able to ride but can potentially do support.

Stuart

Postby Stuart » 26 Apr 2016, 18:40

Stuart, is there anything in particular I need to do to be a driver?

I won't be able to ride but can potentially do support.
You need a sign for the back of the car and a flashing light on the roof.

Dave_Ranx

Postby Dave_Ranx » 27 Apr 2016, 22:45

Hey folks.
Ive got very close to a team for this;
1.) pauly mayson
2.) ben smith
3.) robbie ( strong maybe need to check a couple details out for this. )
4.) and myself.

quick question though.... what type of race license do you need for this? can you just purchase a day one?>

ta
dave

Stuart

Postby Stuart » 28 Apr 2016, 09:13

Dave - AFAIK you need a full race licence. They've never offered day licences before. You should be able to purchase a half year race licence (as it's in July) for a discounted rate as a 'step up' from your recreational licence.

You can also race the Sassafrass Challenge instead, where you don't need a race licence.

Best to ring CNSW and ask.

Dougie

Postby Dougie » 28 Apr 2016, 12:41

Club Mates,
I have asked some questions of Cycling NSW and they have provided some answers. Please see below.

Hi Douglas,

Great to hear of your enthusiasm with the event. DHBC is always well represented at the NSW Club Team Time Trial Championships which speaks volumes for the positive culture amongst your riders.

To answer your questions directly, please see my responses in red below.

Will there be two events? The NSW Clubs TTT and the Sassafrass Challenge? Yes.

Specifically for the NSW Clubs TTT
o Is this event ONLY for Gold Race Licence holders? Yes
o Can silver licence holders buy a Day Racing Licence for this event? Yes
o Must this event be single gender? On request the Technical Commission may allow women to ride up to the men's category. This does need to be pre-approved and this place must not deprive a male rider of the correct category in your club of the opportunity to ride.
o Is this event open to Juniors? If so what categories? U17 is the youngest category of competition (though on application, TC may approve second year U15 riders to ride up as long as this place does not deprive an U17 rider of the correct gender in your club of the opportunity to ride). All riders must compete in their standard age gearing.

Specifically for the Sassafrass Challenge
o Is the minimum requirement a silver licence, and that a gold licence is NOT Required to participate Yes
o Can this be a mixed gender team? Yes
o Can Juniors participate?
 If so what conditions or restrictions are there? All riders must compete in their standard age gearing.

(I think we could field at least two teams of Juniors U15M) Unfortunately there is no category specific for JM15. Second year JM15 riders will be permitted to ride up on application. First year riders can also lodge a request but approval for first years' is less likely.

I think other Juniors will wish to participate The Board and Competitions Commission can consider opening the event to U15 categories if there is a request lodged and sufficient demand to back it up (ideally as a multi-club submission). Planning and schedules will also need to be considered given the current format already stretches the limitations of what is practical with our approvals.

o Can the teams ride in non Club kit ie “Bounce” are all members of DHBC for insurance and admin purposes however they have their own kit. They are a group of mates rather than a sponsored group. They rode last year in the Sassafrass As the Sassafras event is a recreational event open to non-members (on a day permit), we will allow a relaxing of the kit rules only for Sassafras entrants.

Technical Regulations are quite clear that only club kit will be permitted in the Championship events.

I hope answers all your queries. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Kind Regards,

James Nguyen
Competitions & Events Manager | Cycling New South Wales
T: +61 (02) 9738 5850 | F: +61 (02) 9738 5853
E: james.nguyen@cycling.org.au | W: http://www.nsw.cycling.org.au
Dunc Gray Velodrome, Carysfield Road, Bass Hill NSW 2197
PO Box 7209, Bass Hill NSW 2197
we are cycling - start to finish
This electronic mail is intended for the use of the addressee only. It may also contain information that by law is privileged, confidential or protected by copyright. You may not use or disclose any such information. If you have received this email in error kindly notify the sender by return email before deleting.

Adam W

Postby Adam W » 18 May 2016, 10:25

List:

- Adam W - Apparently I would be a 'Slow Fasty'

andrewm

Postby andrewm » 18 May 2016, 13:07

Adam W - Apparently I would be a 'Slow Fasty'
Andrew M. Either a very fast middie or a very slow fastie (ie slower than Adam)

croftben

Postby croftben » 19 May 2016, 16:41

I am keen for any team :)

Ben C. - "Ditto"

LML

Postby LML » 20 May 2016, 08:46

I'm very keen.
Where do I sign up?
I think I would be somewhere in the middies and feeling very fit at the moment.
Commuting about 200Km weekly on a MTB with nobbys

paul

Postby paul » 20 May 2016, 21:16

Ben C. - "Ditto"
Paul A - Fast middie, when I can stay upright.

LML

Postby LML » 21 May 2016, 14:14

Ben C. - "Ditto"
Paul A - Fast middie, when I can stay upright.
Michael L

Adam W

Postby Adam W » 26 May 2016, 08:22

Andrew M, Ben C, Paul A and myself have formed a team. 3 of us actually rode together last year.

Hopefully a few more people put there names down to form another team Michael.

Dave_Ranx

Postby Dave_Ranx » 26 May 2016, 19:41

DHBC TT Pirates;
- Paul Mayson aka the iceman
- Ben Smith aka bigring
- Robby Mundell aka maverick...because he plays by his own rules ;)
- Dave Ranks aka bmx bandit.

Adam W

Postby Adam W » 27 May 2016, 08:23

Haha nice one! I didn't know we were doing team names...I'll be right back.

Jonathan

Postby Jonathan » 30 May 2016, 21:02

I am looking for a team- Jonathan C - middies

Neilm

Postby Neilm » 02 Jun 2016, 16:39

Jonathan there are some changers coming may need you

Stuart

Postby Stuart » 23 Jun 2016, 17:31

As we're not attending this year the house we normally rent for the weekend is available (seems no one else has organised accom). It's not cheap at $450 night this year (up from $375 last year!) but it is really big, has heating and an open fire and even a pool for that post ride cold bath and a pool table. Has been the venue for the post TTT dinner in years gone by.

Room's are as follow:
1. King with en-suite (spa bath)
2. King with en-suite
3. Queen
4. Twin (2 x single)
5. Double

Also OK for people to sleep on the two couches or even bring some bedding. 2 night minimum. Unfortunately none of the beds can become twins.

http://www.magnolia-accommodation.com.au/

marc2131

Postby marc2131 » 10 Jul 2016, 08:23

The DHBC retro steel group (Valley Wheelers) are entering 4 TTT teams this year.
In addition to this we have 2 fast teams, one in the 150+ and the other in the general category.

The teams are:
:D Men of Steel - Peter B. Alister S, Roger W and Simon B (150+)
:D Team Grimpeur - Marc R (substitute), Lachlan B, Matt T, Rod I. (General)
:wink: Team Autobus - Ray P, Peter T2, Peter T1, Jonathan W (General)
8) Team Cyclotouriste - Lindsay M, Ron W, Andrew B, John J (150+)

Reserve/Chief Soigneur/Head Coach/Support driver: Chery K, Carol R (Marc R now substitute rider in Team Grimpeur)
Last edited by marc2131 on 11 Jul 2016, 20:38, edited 1 time in total.

Dougie

Postby Dougie » 11 Jul 2016, 14:10

Team Manager's (and participants),
Please see the below email from CNSW regarding next weekend's TTT logistics.

Subject: Important Information: 2016 NSW Club Team Time Trial Championships

Dear Team Managers,
Please circulate the following information to all your team members to ensure a safe and smooth running event:
Parking Instructions
Click here to view the Parking Map
With only one entrance into the event site, parking has caused some safety issues in the past. We urge all attending the event read and follow these parking instructions carefully:
Entering Wugan Street (Start/Finish Line):
• Vehicles can only enter Wugan St by turning left off Braidwood Rd. NO RIGHT TURN!
• You will not be able to turn right off Braidwood Rd. Anyone travelling from a southerly direction along Braidwood Rd must continue to the cyclist turn-around point at Gannet Rd and then drive back to Wugan St and turn left.
• DO NOT PARK ON BRAIDWOOD RD!
Entering the Event Site:
• Once in Wugan St, follow the Traffic Marshall’s instructions to the designated parking areas, starting with Garadi St immediately to your right.
• Please do not drive towards the Start/Finish line (past Garadi St) as there is no designated parking access that way and you will create a safety hazard for teams starting/finishing.
Please refer to the parking map as there is ample room allocated for parking (marked in blue). Riders are also to warm-up on the streets allocated for parking and NOT on the course (marked in red).
Sign-on Procedure
In the past, the queues at the registration desk have stretched close to an hour at times. Nobody wants that. With well over 100 teams registered to compete (*record numbers!*), please familiarise yourself with the procedure so as to streamline the process and make life easier for all.
What we require at registration:
§ The team manager (or captain) - there will be over 600 people moving in and out of the area. We only need to deal with one (1) person per team to limit congestion at registration.
§ The four (4) Racing/Riding licences of all Cycling Australia members competing - if your team has three (3) riders, then 3 licences will be sufficient. We will not be accepting any other forms of identification - if you do not have your CA licence there will be a form to complete and a card replacement fee of $18. The only exception will be RIDE Day Membership holders and new members (under one month) with a print-out of their receipt.
§ Any rider starting in the team who requires a RACE or RIDE Day Membership and has purchased one through our electronic portals - this process will take a lot of time and frustrate everyone in line. Please ensure your team members have purchased their Day Memberships electronically before the portals close on Wednesday night and avoid the barbed stares on the day.
§ Money for Tag Brackets if required - this event is electronically timed and all riders starting will need to affix a transponder to their bike. Most Cycling NSW racing members will already be familiar with this. If any team member requires a bracket, these can be purchased from sign-on at $2.50 each. Exact change please.
The signing-on process on the day:
1. Team manager (or captain) to collect licences from all four (4) riders starting in the team
2. There will be at least two desks at sign-on. Please read the signs and make sure you don't waste any time by lining up in the wrong line.
3. Once you arrive to the front of the queue, please quote your team number, club and start time. Hand the licences to the staff member attending to you.
4. If any rider in your team requires but has not pre-purchased a Day Membership, that rider will need to attend sign-on with you and complete the form. This must be done at the desk and must be completed by the rider requiring the Day Membership.
5. You will receive a large orange envelope and a small white envelope. The white envelope will have your team details listed. Without leaving the sign-on desk, select the riders who will be starting, place all 4 licences inside envelope, sign-off as team manager, and return the white envelope to staff member . Please note, if the white envelope is returned without selecting your starting riders, your team will be delaying the final results (Yes, YOU) and may risk being disqualified.
6. The orange envelope has your team's rider numbers and electronic timing transponders. Each envelope has four (4) numbers and four (4) transponders, regardless of whether your team will be riding 3 or 4. There is no order with which numbers need to be distributed within your team.
7. If any member of your team requires a transponder tag bracket, these can be purchased from sign-on at $2.50 each (exact change please). Most Cycling NSW racing members should already have one from other state open events. (click here for information on transponder brackets)Return to your team with the orange envelope. Do not discard the envelope (especially if you're not using all numbers!) as this will need to be returned at the end of your ride.
Sign-Off Procedure

Please do not approach the Registration tent to sign-off until your entire category has finished. Once all teams have finished, there will be a separate line for signing off.
• Again, we are only requesting that team manager (or captain) sign-off on behalf of the team.
• You will need to return all four (4) numbers and all four (4) transponders that were allocated to you. This is where the orange envelope assigned to your team becomes handy.
• Prior to the licences being returned, the staff member will check to ensure all four (4) numbers and all four (4) transponders have been returned. If anything is missing, your team will not be permitted to sign off until the whole pack assigned is returned.
• Any damage to numbers or transponders will incur an on-the-spot replacement fee of $50 per number and/or $30 per transponder. Please refer to the tag bracket instructions for correct attachment and removal method of transponders to avoid breaking them.
• Please note that all numbers and transponders are required to be reallocated into the Ride For Robbie event the following day. For this reason, any team not signed off by the end of the day will be up for a $200 fine.
Licencing & Day Memberships
This event is open to all members and non-members (Sassafras Challenge only).
RACE Day Membership Portal (closing Wednesday night 16/07/2016) – Rider Status List
RIDE Day Membership Portal (closing Wednesdayday night 16/07/2016) – Rider Status List
• Gold RACE Members are eligible to ride the Championships or the Challenge.
• Silver RIDE Members are eligible to ride the Challenge. Silver Recreational Members may ride the Championships by purchasing a RACE Day Membership.
• All members are required to hand in their licence (via their manager/captain) when signing on. Aside from one-month new members (who will need to produce a copy of their membership receipt), there will be no excuses for members who do not have their licence/membership card. Any member without their card will be required to complete a Replacement Card Form and pay $18 to Registration.
• Non-Members may ride the Challenge by purchasing a RIDE Day Membership.
• Day Membership pre-purchase portals close on Thursday night 16/07/2015.
• Day Memberships will be available for purchase on the day at Registration for any riders who have missed the portal window. We strongly advise you to pre-purchase your permit as there will be queues.
• Riders who do not fulfill the above licencing requirements will not be permitted to start for the team.
Starting & Marshalling
• Each team must sign on at least thirty (30) minutes prior to the team’s allocated start time. Teams that have not signed on before the thirty (30) minute window will be marked DNS and the time slot will be assigned to mechanical restarts if required.
• Each team is required to marshalling five (5) minutes before the designated start. Teams that arrive late to marshalling will not be reallocated a different start time and may be blocked from starting.
• Each team will need to provide holders at the start unless otherwise indicated by the Commissaires.
• Each rider starting in the team must wear one of the numbers allocated to the team. The number is to be worn on the lower back.
• Each rider starting in the team is required to have an affixed transponder, as allocated to the team. Riders without transponders will not record a time for the team and may result in a DNF for the team.
• Only riders that have been nominated to ride in that team are permitted to start. No late nominations. Breaching this rule results in an automatic disqualification for the team.
• Only riders that have been selected to ride at sign-on will be permitted to start. Breaching this rule results in an automatic disqualification for the team.
• Do not rely on the announcer to call for your team. If you are not at the marshalling area when you’re required to be or choose to wonder off then your team will be considered late to start.
Team Vehicles
• Each team is permitted to have one (1) follow vehicle.
• Please refer to the Technical Regulations (TR12.7) regarding rules for follow vehicles.
• Vehicles will be required to have a flashing light and “Cyclists Ahead” sign. Most clubs should have these provisions.
• Team vehicles must allow riding teams to complete an overtake of another team and present a safe gap before the vehicle can attempt to safely overtake themselves.
• Team vehicles are not permitted to ride across the finish line. Teams that do so face disqualification. Team vehicles must safely manoeuvre back into the warm-up/parking zone on their way into the finishing straight while being mindful of possible teams finishing behind them and other teams starting on the other side of the road.
Kind Regards,

CNSW Events Team

Dougie

Postby Dougie » 11 Jul 2016, 14:15

This is the Car Parking Map. if it doesn't open, copy and paste into your browser

http://www.nsw.cycling.org.au/Portals/1 ... %20MAP.pdf

Return to “Road”