Midweek and Weekend alternative rides

Road cycling & upcoming rides
Camille

Postby Camille » 22 Jan 2014, 10:35

Hi all
I'm new to the club and have done a few Saturday Slowies and Waterfalls, but am interested in some alternative rides.

id like to get some longer rides in, max average 30km/hr - (comfortable at 28km/hr)

Mid week I might be a bit pressed to get to work on time but keen for some suggestions for Saturday and Sunday.

People have mentioned alternative non club rides in passing - any details would be appreciated!

Cheers.

Cam
girl with long white jersey - tan lines are a no go

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 22 Jan 2014, 11:41

Hi Camille,

We will be conducting some Adventure rides, which pretty much fit the description of what you are looking for. Keep an eye on the forum

JoTheBuilder

Postby JoTheBuilder » 22 Jan 2014, 20:02

Hi Camille,

As Mike mentions, we do do Adventure Rides but haven't done one for a couple of months. Hopefully we will have a few more.

However, keep an eye on the forum as often people will put up alternative rides north side or rides in to RNP. Well worth joining in.

The third option is to start a ride thread yourself. You can propose a ride and people will put their name down and come along. Often you might get up to 20 riders depending on the route.

Hope that helps.

Oh, and the Tuesday and Wednesday rides are lots of fun so it's well worth trying to get there.

Jo

marc2131

Postby marc2131 » 23 Jan 2014, 06:55

Camille
The DHBC Valley Wheelers (vintage steel bike arm of the club) are doing a 60km ride through parts of the Blue Mts on Sunday 26th. Pace will probably be C25s or slower. Am told a bit of climbing. You are more than welcome to join us.

rtb

Postby rtb » 23 Feb 2014, 20:02

Hi Camille, Robert here missed the ride this morning slept in
There a 5 ways to Wollongong and I am happy to try any one of them if you want, assuming we start with the club on Sunday morning
1. Turn left Capt Cook Drive to Cronulla, catch ferry to Bulladeela (excuse spelling) and then through national park, coffee while wait for ferry
2. take the national park entrance at loftus
3. turn left at Waterfall
4 continue down freeway and take the Helensburg exit
5 go all the way down Freeway and take Bulli pass
not overly keen on the freeway options, 4 & 5
there is climbing whichever route we take
Next Sunday 2nd March is fine with me, I will return to Helensburgh and catch train
my email is geraldtonboy@yahoo.com.au

Dougie

Postby Dougie » 23 Feb 2014, 21:08

Camille, Stuart is planning another west head ride in a fortnight. Today was six hours door to door and 120km. We averaged 26kph. You would be well strong enough for that ride. Watch for his updates.
Cheers Dougie

MikeyG63

Postby MikeyG63 » 24 Feb 2014, 13:05

Dougie, I like the sound of the West Head ride....bit worried that I may not be up to speed though. 25's pace is a tad to slow for me and 28's pace is a tad too fast uphills. How do you think I'll go?....I had the Di2 flat battery...do you remember?

Dougie

Postby Dougie » 24 Feb 2014, 21:07

Dougie, I like the sound of the West Head ride....bit worried that I may not be up to speed though. 25's pace is a tad to slow for me and 28's pace is a tad too fast uphills. How do you think I'll go?....I had the Di2 flat battery...do you remember?
Ahhh yes Michael! T'was certainly a damp day when we rode together last. To be fair i haven't ridden with you often enough to have any opinion as to your capacity to enjoy this ride. What I would say is that there are no early bailout options. 1,700 metres of climbing and a few technical parts needing concentration. Bear in mind it was a solid 28's pace. Add to this just under 5 hours of pedaling and you will have to make your own call as to your confidence. All of the riders in this case that did the ride on Sunday confidently ride 160+km at 28's or above pace.

I would say if you have done three RNP's comfortably at 28's pace in the last couple of months you'd be ok.

MikeyG63

Postby MikeyG63 » 25 Feb 2014, 21:27

Thanks Dougie, that's a sound assessment. I'm best of seeing how I go with the 28's on Sunday then build up to West Head at a later date.

No issues last Sunday, to Waterfall, by the way...full di2 battery plus dry weather made for an enjoyable ride.

rtb

Postby rtb » 26 Feb 2014, 18:42

Camille my apologies I can't do Gong ride this weekend, talk to you Sunday morning
Robert

Camille

Postby Camille » 02 Mar 2014, 09:46

Hi guys

Thanks for the responses... I've been convinced to do the west head ride next week of you'll have me.
Where slash when do we start?
Cheers

Return to “Road”