Mudgee Audax weekend - 27&28 April 2013

Road cycling & upcoming rides
Eleri

Postby Eleri » 06 Mar 2013, 20:00

Mudgee Audax is coming up again in April. DHBC has been well represented on this weekend for some years. I've been to the last 3 and last year did the 200km (missing some lower gears IIRC, which didn't serve me well on the big hill). One year we took over most of the upstairs of the pub and there were swarms of us.

It's a good ride, goes to some great places, good scenery and there are several options for rides including some informal ones.

All the details are here (opens as a PDF) : http://www.audax.org.au/public/images/s ... ee2013.pdf

Chris Walsh, the ride organiser, writes to me "The Mudgee weekend is on again, and I'd love to see your hard-drinking band of inner city riders make the pilgrimmage again. I'm also organising a 3 day ride to get up there as well, so let me know if anyone is interested in that."

One year Camilla, Miguel and Lindsay rode from Lithgow to Mudgee ... But a 3 day ride to get there could be interesting. Anyone up for that?

JoTheBuilder

Postby JoTheBuilder » 07 Mar 2013, 08:36

I'm shocked Eleri... Does that mean you won't be in Wellington for the first ever AFL game outside Australian borders (that the Swans just happen to be playing in)?

adam

Postby adam » 12 Apr 2013, 06:22

It seems that there's very little interest in Mudgee - at least on the forum.

Just wondering if there are people planning to go in secret.

I'd considered going, but done nothing so far ... although it might be very hard to find accommodation at this stage

Return to “Road”