Road ride on Good Friday

Road cycling & upcoming rides
Aimee

Postby Aimee » 18 Apr 2011, 18:03

Hey all, I'm thinking of going for a ride this Friday morning (not as long as the Akuna Ride that is on) and not sure the pace as I'm just recovering from injury, so might be nice and easy but still a nice morning ride maybe to La Perouse or somewhere like that then some breakfast (if anywhere is open) anyone keen to tag along?

Aimee

Lizanne

Postby Lizanne » 19 Apr 2011, 08:08

come on the Akuna bay ride, we can cut it short and finish at manly. i'm not 100% about the ride, i had ankle surgery 2 and a bit weeks ago so i'm going to be going slower than usual and if it starts to hurt i'm going to cut it short and jump on the ferry.

so come along and see what happens

Aimee

Postby Aimee » 19 Apr 2011, 18:58

Hmmm alright I'll give it a go but I don't like my chances :(

Lizanne

Postby Lizanne » 20 Apr 2011, 10:18

Route again is Marrickville-SHB-Military Rd-The Spit-Wakehurst Parkway-Forest Way-Akuna Bay-Narrabeen-Manly-SHB-Marrickville. About 105 k's at a fast cruisers pace of around 26-27kph. There will be designated waiting points so that nobody is left behind but you should have at least done Waterfall at a comfortable C25's pace or similar ride before coming along. Also, 2 water bottles may be helpful if you like to drink lots of water although there are servo's and places to fill up along the route.

See you on Friday.
riding with Stuart is always a good cruse. and i'm sure he'll be happy i'm not going to be able to sprint it up the hills like i ususally do.

Stuart

Postby Stuart » 21 Apr 2011, 09:27

Hmmm alright I'll give it a go but I don't like my chances :(
Isabella - there is the possibility to take a short cut to reduce the distance and still meet up again with the bunch if you don't mind waiting. The most obvious one is at the junction of McCarrs Creek Rd and General St Martin Drive - when the bunch goes left towards Akuna Bay you keep following McCarrs Ck Rd downhill and wait at the corner where we come back out from West Head Rd -this saves a fair bit of climbing.

You can also get the ferry back from Manly as suggested above instead of doing the last piece back across the Spit and SHB, saving 15k's and lots of climbing!

Having said that you should still be comfortable with the 26-27kph average pace of the ride.

Aimee

Postby Aimee » 21 Apr 2011, 10:04

Hmmm well its hard to say really, I did la perouse this morning and struggled a bit with the leg.

Maybe I can come along, take the advised shortcut down McCarrs creek road and the ferry back also :) depending how I'm going by that stage, I'm okay on the flats its just the hills where it's a bit hard for my leg to keep up as its pretty weak. Worst case I get dropped and go for a sweet solo ride, right?

Aimee

Postby Aimee » 21 Apr 2011, 10:07

On second thought maybe I'll give it a miss and stick with a shorter ride around close to home areas so I can pace it depending how I feel :)

Stuart

Postby Stuart » 21 Apr 2011, 11:45

I wasn't trying to put you off Isabella, just wanted to be sure you were aware of the ride parameters - enjoy your ride.

kiwiames

Postby kiwiames » 21 Apr 2011, 14:19

I might come on this ride to. If im there im there, if not then not.

Return to “Road”