Grafton - How's it like?

Road cycling & upcoming rides
G

Postby G » 10 Jun 2010, 17:16

Tim et al who have done Grafton to Inverell, can you share your experience how the race is like? What are the three division levels etc?

FYI, entries are open.
http://www.nsw.cycling.org.au/cy_nsw/ra ... /10220.htm

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 10 Jun 2010, 17:40

G, have you tried the search function? I am sure there are past threads you dig up with race reports and various related information.

T-Bone

Postby T-Bone » 10 Jun 2010, 17:54

Hopefully this year my training will come together for a good performance up there (especially if i organise myself to do Melbourne-Warrnambool as well). The race is long..... has a long climb, weather is variable.... don't really know what to say. Have a look HERE09 , HERE08 and HERE07

Grades are:
A Grade = Don't even think about it
B Grade = Very HArd
C Grade = Hard

williamd

Postby williamd » 10 Jun 2010, 20:01

G
I was leading the race last year for the first seventy k/m to the foot of the mountain.

That is where I stopped.

I had started about an hour before the others. lol

The year before I did the mountain(18k/m with 1k/m vertical rise) or should I say the mountain did me.

Imagine a race 2.5 times the Dinnerville with a mountain 1k/m up thrown in.

Now what part of hard don't you understand. lol

timyone

Postby timyone » 11 Jun 2010, 16:57

i had a nice ride, i was cramping on hills, and this is why i was so dissapointed with my result, but the rest of it i really enjoyed, there was a hill that i didnt like, but yeah. I was training a bit at the time though, i dont think id have the same experience at the moment, so yeah, i dont think my oppinion is useful to any one.

you dont need to know what the grades are, for you, there is C grade :D C grade, would comprise of every one in our club except those guys that we dont meet that are A graders.

timyone

Postby timyone » 12 Jun 2010, 12:17

This year, id say for me, if i ride it, it will be riding with a bunch for 80km, just at waterfall pace or what ever) then a massive hill. This hill is the bit you have to train for.

After the hill, the race starts for me. AFor alex chubb, it starts at the start of thehill. But yeah, pretty much which ever group you are with there is closer to where you will be at the end, but it turns into a real race from here, with fast paced bunches, where you will have to be fit to stay with. you have about 120km of this, its like its own sepperate race from here, with rolling hills etc.

Return to “Road”