Sat Slowies 14 Feb disruption

Road cycling & upcoming rides
weiyun

Postby weiyun » 12 Feb 2009, 20:25

The Good Vibration Festival is on again this year in Centennial Park and the same traffic control will be in place as past years.

http://www.centennialparklands.com.au/a ... vibrations
CYCLE LANE: closed ALL DAY between Dickens Drive and Robinson Road (near York Road Gates). Centennial Park Cycles will be re-located to Govett St Gates -TBC.
It might be a good day to have coffee in Centennial Park instead. ;)

If the weather holds out (not promising), I might take the opportunity to ride down to Botany/La Perouse instead. It's quite a nice training route.

Stuart

Postby Stuart » 13 Feb 2009, 11:10

Given the issues we had last year with only half of the loop road being available and lots of vehicles making life "interesting" La Perouse sounds like a great idea Weiyun - how long would that take? I have lunch guests tomorrow and need to be back home by 9:00.
Wish I done that mailing list now so we could have told everybody directly. I'll make my next priority.

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 13 Feb 2009, 11:23

The loop down to La Perouse is probably best taken a tad earlier. I used to ride that regularly with a friend starting at around 6 to 6:30 from Paddington and we would get back to CP just as Sat Slowies leave at 8, but that's with 10-15min pork bun break thrown in. You can always turn back earlier or adjust the pace to suit, even if one starts at 7 from CP.

I would be more than happy to guide a bunch down that way but I can't guarantee my participation given the weather. Will have to make the call in the morning.

One other thing, last year there were some objections from Upper Management in taking the SS bunch out to Botany, so probably best to check again or participate as private individuals. IIRC, the concern was one of safety for those who are not read for the roads eg. Minors.

Stuart

Postby Stuart » 13 Feb 2009, 12:49

Given my requirement to be home early tomorrow and assuming the forecast rain holds off Jo & I are going to do a quick ride down to Cronulla or Kurnell instead of going to Centenial, starting from Marrickville at the SS time of 6:30. We'll ask any interested parties present tomorrow morning if they want to come along as an informal, not club ride. Pace will be somewhere between Sun cruisers and middies as it's mostly flat riding.

stevanr

Postby stevanr » 13 Feb 2009, 16:37

Weiyun, Im keen to do the botany ride. If weather permits will we still meet at Mick Mazza's 6:30am ???

Cheers
Steve

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 13 Feb 2009, 17:15

Weiyun, Im keen to do the botany ride. If weather permits will we still meet at Mick Mazza's 6:30am ???
No. I usually go directly to CP from Balmain. If weather is suitable, I will wait for you guys at CP entrance at 7am. It'll have to be a fast ride down and back at that time.

Fingers crossed on the weather.

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 14 Feb 2009, 05:22

No ride. The doppler weather radar said so. Sorry.

Stay dry and have a happy Valentines day!

Terry

Postby Terry » 14 Feb 2009, 09:05

I rode to La Perouse this morning on the fixie and it was good. the roads were wet but the rain stayed away.

I managed to make it as far as hollis park on Wilson St on the way home before encountering a flat front tyre. It's probably lucky I was riding solo or I may hve lost points in the flat tyre comp. due to my lack of spare tube or pump. I had a love;ly walk home.

Now to fiix the flat so I can update the flat tyre comp. tally :(

Trouty

Postby Trouty » 14 Feb 2009, 16:49

Yes well - Stu and I decided last night that if it rained we would both do a stationery training session with both trainers out and us riding together..............needless to say at the first sight of rain this morning, the session went out the window and the snooze button was a much better alternative. My god - it is one of the first Saturday sleep ins we have had for months (apart from my hangover a few weeks ago) - HEAVEN!!!!

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 14 Feb 2009, 20:10

This is a week of tactical rest in our structured training plan. Recovery and booze are central to performance training. ;)

Return to “Road”