Postby micklan » 31 Jan 2009, 17:21

Conditions
Hot. gusty north easter

Riders
Many.
Alex R, Keiran, Christian, Ian, Fixed Gear, Micklan
Mid race even spotted Al on a Penny on the basketball courts with Nick and Bill

Results
Micklan. dnf. Hard day for a ride :oops: . windy, split fields. Beanzy I think a 4th in D grade. Well Done
Ian did 3 extra laps in D grade just for the hell of it.

Beanzy

Postby Beanzy » 01 Feb 2009, 11:40

Yep, conditions were tough, especially over the back.

The Sutherland rider, George, seemed real intent on smashing everybody. His mate attacked on the second lap and he chased him down. I knew they were mates and were very strong. I chased em, and got up near the squircle. They were urging me to work but i was having none of that! The other rider got a flat and was gone. I was in no mood to do any work with George so was content to let the bunch catch us.

It was slow going over the back but it was still tough. I think about lap six, George went again. myself, Tony and another RBCC rider went with him. I looked around a bit later and realised we were the only ones left. George had blown everybody away!

I was still not working. George was riding like a man possesed. I was still finding the going tough. A four man breakaway does not sheild you much from the wind. I did take one turn on the front and slowed it down. George was worried the rest of the pack would catch us. Tony and i said they were gone!!! Still George upped the pace and we were off again.

The other RBCC rider was also working well. I was still just holding on. Coming into the last lap, RBCC rider turned it on. It fell to nothing when we hit the wind again after the squircle. George was getting twitchy. I was just trying to get the heart rate back down. Coming into the final corner before the main staight RBCC and George launched. Tony was right on their wheel and i his. It was gunna be a long sprint. I stayed with them for the best part, but just did not have the legs. I was knackered. RBCC rider first, George second, Tony third and i rolled over for fourth. WHat a tough ride.

I will be trying C grade next week. George has been told he is in C grade next week!

Some stats:

Laps: 12
Distance:24.2km
Time: 44.16
Avg:32.8 (touch slower than last week, but the wind was brutal!)
Max speed: 53.2km/h (sprint)
Avg HR 177bpm (about 8 bpm above last week, i was working harder!)
Max:195bpm
Avg Cadence: 74rpm

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 01 Feb 2009, 17:04

Who was George's mate? Was it Eddie ?

Edit: corrected Eddie's name
Last edited by mikesbytes on 01 Feb 2009, 19:53, edited 2 times in total.

micklan

Postby micklan » 01 Feb 2009, 17:11

Eddie was in D grade with George but got a flat on lap 2 and headed west @ a 90 turn = dnf

Return to “Road”