Friday Night Winter Racing!

For all things Velodrome
timyone

Postby timyone » 30 May 2008, 13:45

Whats the count down? when does it start?

tamagrrl

Postby tamagrrl » 30 May 2008, 15:57

hi tim,
RAW Track (Race All Winter) starts at the Dunc Gray Velodrome on 20 June 08
cheers

Toff

Postby Toff » 30 May 2008, 16:29

Bring it on!

timyone

Postby timyone » 30 May 2008, 20:58

wow thanks for that totally new poster :D

Yeah Team dullich hill is gonna be a new force this year :D

Toff

Postby Toff » 30 May 2008, 23:33

Well I was down at my LBS today, & some girl comes in saying she needs a new track bike real faaast. I'm scratching my head thinking "...but it's winter..." then it dawns on me!

According to LBS, they get more people at WTR than most opens.

timyone

Postby timyone » 31 May 2008, 00:09

yeah its taking over a bit
(which is your local bike shop?)

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 31 May 2008, 10:35

hi tim,
RAW Track (Race All Winter) starts at the Dunc Gray Velodrome on 20 June 08
cheers
Hi Lisa, welcome to the forum

tamagrrl

Postby tamagrrl » 31 May 2008, 10:40

thanks mike! yea, i've never been on a forum before. haven't got all the fancy tags yet like you guys.

timyone

Postby timyone » 31 May 2008, 11:54

thanks mike! yea, i've never been on a forum before. haven't got all the fancy tags yet like you guys.
who are you?
ummm ok just read that your lisa...
the blonde randwick girl?

tamagrrl

Postby tamagrrl » 31 May 2008, 12:05

nup! the grey haired girl from tamarama. i just started riding track. i was there on the rollers thurs nite.

timyone

Postby timyone » 01 Jun 2008, 20:24

cool i havent been at thursday nights lately, ill hopefully meet you along the way some time.

Simon Llewellyn

Postby Simon Llewellyn » 14 Jun 2008, 16:35

Hey guys winter racing starts this Friday at 7pm (Juniors at 6pm). It's a good idea to be out there by about 6:30pm if you can to get a bit of a warm up in before it starts. The program looks like this for week one:

First week’s Races Friday June 20

* Round 1 warm up Scratch: Div 4 10 laps, Div 1 15 laps
* Round 2 Div 1 The RAW TRACK 1.5km wheelrace
* Round 3 Win’n’Out
* Round 4 Point score (Div 1 “1Lap2Win” race)
* Round 5 Div1 + 2...30 lapper “Time Blaster” and Div3 + 4..20 lapper.
* Round 6 Race video replays, Cyclists pasta and Beer in the HBT.

Friday night racing is an excellent chance to utilize world class facilities and enjoy some of the most exciting club racing in NSW! Then kick back for a beer at the tavern afterwards. This is my third season I think and I absolutely love it. Last year our club finished 15th overall out of 30 clubs from memory and it would be great if we could crack the top 10 this year. The best way to help out with this is simply to show up as we get 10 points for every rider! Plus points for any places in round 3 & 4 of the night.

One other excellent achievement would be the possibility of having riders spread across all 4 grades. So far it's looking like me in div 1, Huw & hopefully Tim L in Div2, Christian & Mike in div 3 & Emmy & Timbat in Div 4 when they are confident with the Velodrome. It's essential for anyone riding Dunc Gray for the first time to at least ride Div 5 for the first week to get used to the velodrome. You can ride Div 5 as many times as needed as it is a safety grade to build confidence. Dunc is shorter, steeper & faster than Tempe, so it can be a bit scary the first time you ride up the banking. But it still gets my heart racing thinking about how exciting it is to ride!!!!

T-Bone

Postby T-Bone » 14 Jun 2008, 22:36

Hopefully i'll get a chance to at least turn up once.....

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 14 Jun 2008, 22:45

What time does it start?

Simon Llewellyn

Postby Simon Llewellyn » 15 Jun 2008, 11:31

7pm. Try to get there for 6:30pm.

Huw

Postby Huw » 17 Jun 2008, 11:01

I just realised I'm going to be out for Week 1 RAW - I committed some time ago to a surprise dinner/b'day party for friends who are leaving the country next week. I do intend to be a regular, however.

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 17 Jun 2008, 16:44

I'm still thinking of the logistics. Working at Chatswood, no car.

timyone

Postby timyone » 20 Jun 2008, 12:53

man it will suck if your not there mike, but yeah i see your prob.

Man im pumped for this! The new wheels felt heaps faster on the rollers!

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 20 Jun 2008, 13:35

To be honest I'm feeling smashed today anyway.

Someone takes my track bike and I bike commute Chatswood -> Dunc Grey

T-Bone

Postby T-Bone » 20 Jun 2008, 14:38

Well, my boss is going on holidays, so i should be able to get to racing on a few Fridays coming up as i won't have to do the closing shift. I think the 4th is the only time i've got something else on, but i think i've got the 5th free for the Club Omnium.

timyone

Postby timyone » 24 Jun 2008, 11:36

Cool so huw are you in this week?
Mike if we organise your bike are you in?

The lad called Tate was there last night making his return from the cracked collar bone, hopefully he can make it along in the next month or so, hes pretty fit.

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 24 Jun 2008, 23:06

I'm interested.

At the moment I'm super busy, so I'm not doing any bike training, however I could make an exception and turn up for the race.

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 25 Jun 2008, 14:09

It seem feasible for me to ride from Chatswood to Dunc Grey after work. I haven't worked out the route, but I'm sure there's something along the lines of riding towards Olympic Park and then out the other side.

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 26 Jun 2008, 12:48

Tim,

What do you want me to do?

I'm not training at Canterbury (Tempe) velodrome tonight, but I can drop by and move my track bike to a house in Tempe if that helps.

BTW, looks like Browne will be there tomorrow night.

Simon Llewellyn

Postby Simon Llewellyn » 28 Jun 2008, 10:04

Last night was possibly our best performance as a club at Friday night winter racing yet! We picked up a number of places, all of which I don't think I was watching. In the opening scratch races Christian took out Div 4 and Timbat got his first call up to the commissioniers office. What happened was Christian was sitting on the front & Tim in second wheel coming into the final lap, the Tim blew up majorly and it looked like he sat up to give Christian the win, so Christian could easily ride off the front. The problem was it looked dangerous from the sideline, but Christian was always going to win regardless! In the other divisions we had Timyone & Louie in Div 3, Huw in Div 2 & me in Div 1 (& Mike in div 4 who missed the first race).

The second round was 5 up sprints. We all assumed there would be a final but it was more a chance for 5 up sprints than to qualify for anything. For Div 2 there was a wheel race and for Huw that meant $$$$. Huw rode really well getting a poor start and connecting onto the back of the the front bunch. THis worked out extremely well for him because he didn't have to do any work from the back. Coming into the final lap he was about 6th wheel and started to make his move from about 180m, abit to late for the win but good enough for a clean second. It was a fantastic ride from Huw! In the sprints we had a couple of 4th places & I think Christian finished second. In my race over the four or five laps someone went early and I was able to get straight on their wheel for a nice long lead out. I picked up the sprint and came round them from about 200ms but then got rolled just on the line for second place.

The third round was a winning something race. I'm not sure of the name but this is what happened. There were four sprint and the winner for each sprint qualified to race the last three laps, everybody else had to leave the track, whilst they raced for the win. In Div 4 it was another moment of glory for the club, Christian took out the first sprint and Mike did the same in the second. I almost thought Tim was going to take the 4th and make it an all Dulwich affair but it was not to be. Coming into the last lap Christian was flying on his new racing wheels and all Mike had to do was sit on his wheel and they had a 1-2 with Christian taking his second victory of the night!

For the third round of Div 1 there was also the option of a madison & I had me a partner this time round. My first madison ever. I rode with Stuey Lane & he got the honour of doning the DHBC jersey for 30 laps. We didn't have the greatest race and there were times when my heart rate hit about 260bpm as others pulled off some crazy maneuvers. There were no crashes, one touch of wheels but everybody stayed up right. All in all an enjoyable experience.

In the final race which is the combines, there was some more places in the lower grades but I wasn't really Watching. I remember Mike distinctly happy about something, possibly a win? but I didn't see the race so he'll have to clarify. However in the Div1-2 race Huw made the step up to ride against the big boys of friday night series. He was rather apprehensive about the whole thing but rode strongly and almost lead me out but could not hear me yelling at him with three to go and instead pulled up. I was left on the front and decided to control the pace from the front myself and stayed there for at least a lap and a half. Mick Curran flew past me with speed witha bout 1 & half to go, I hoped in to third wheel. The other guy pulled out early and I was into 2nd wheel coming into the final lap. Once again I was able to come over Mick looking good but this time Ben Harvey came over the top of me dragging with him I think Mitch Stock and I held on to take third. My second placing for the night.

All in all it was a great turn out and a really good night of racing for all concerned. Hopefully we can get more people out there next week and continue the success!!!

othy

Postby othy » 28 Jun 2008, 12:44

The Tim you are talking about is me, not timbat (I don't know who this is). I felt bad after that warm-up scratch as I should have just held my line but I pulled up to find riders coming over me, then pulled back down and found riders coming under me, then there was just massive amount of traffic, I got a fairly major side collision (my first touch) and then slowed right down and was out the back to safety.

Not really how I wanted to introduce myself to everyone in Division 4. Alex talked to me after the race and he was pretty good about it, explaining what I did wrong and how I should act in the situation. Several people have said it wouldn't have looked as bad if Christian wasn't in front. I guess this is all part of racing experience.

I spent the rest of the races trying my best not to get in the way.

Simon Llewellyn

Postby Simon Llewellyn » 28 Jun 2008, 12:58

The Tim you are talking about is me, not timbat
I"ll have to start learning surnames soon instead of forum names, it would be less confusing that way....

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 28 Jun 2008, 15:11

Yes I got my first ever track race win. My results were;

1. Warm-up race: DNS, arrived too late

2. 3 Lap Sprint: 4th, this was effectively my warmup.

3. Win it, 12 lap: Took the second win, to be in the final 4, 2nd to Christian no one else near us.

15 lap scratch: 1st, it was very close, I personally couldn't tell. Christian went off the front and I sucked his wheel, though we didn't break away and in the final sprint it was a photo finish, while Christian who was very close to me took 4th. I got cautioned for dangerous riding, I jumped out from Christian's wheel instead of performing a flowing action.

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 29 Jun 2008, 08:10

Where do I find the photos ?

othy

Postby othy » 29 Jun 2008, 11:17

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 29 Jun 2008, 21:16

How to win a race

Stage 1, get beaten by someone, in this case Christian

Stage 2, Next race, keep an eye out for him and then suck his wheel

Stage 3, with 100mtrs to go, roll past (Christian is just out of frame in 4th place)

christian

Postby christian » 30 Jun 2008, 09:51

Unfortunately this method of winning races won't work for me. I just ran out of steam in the final race and three people went around me, including Mike taking out first place. I wish I could claim the 2nd in the sprint that Simon mentioned, but it was a 4th, really need to work on the sprinting. I've come up with a new sprint tactic, but don't want to give it away just yet. Div 3 this week, its going to be a challenge.

timyone

Postby timyone » 30 Jun 2008, 10:50

i like seeing mike beating the guy on the specialized bike with zipp wheels on his older Fuji :D This is what winning is about for me :D
Maybe i shouldnt be using race wheels hey

Can we start calling hue, the woolverine?

Simon Llewellyn

Postby Simon Llewellyn » 05 Jul 2008, 01:14

Tonight was another good night out for the club at Raw. We had Emy riding for her first time at Dunc and Christian up to Div 3 for his third Divsion in 3 weeks. We had 8 riders from the club racing and Lindsay wathing which was an excellent showing!!! To add to which made 4 riders in the Div 3 wheel race. To begin the night the opening scratch races were a difficult task with alot of speed and icy legs which just didn't have time to warm up. Div three were first and they were all caught off guard by not realising the wheel race division always warms up first. I don't really remember much of any of the warm up races exept myself getting blown apart by the div 1 boys & from memory Huw had a solid ride in Div 2. He pulled back the 2 man break looking very slick and putting in alot of the work at the front. This however proved to be his down fall as he just blew up going into the final lap. The light went out and the engine turned off, he went from first to about 6th if not further back in about 250ms from memory, which isn't a bad effort in itself.

THe wheel race was definitely looking good for DHBC. We had 4 riders spread alround the track. Tim & Louie were off 70ms, Christian was about 15ms in front of that & I"m not sure where Alex was but he was in the race. From the gun it was a very tight cramped start. One of those races where you're just as likely to ride into the pusher in front as the actual rider. The plan was for Tim to jump on Louie's wheel and sit on till they got into a working group but due to the chaos it never happened. Christian went out strong and looked very solid into the wind. In fact so good that leading into the last two laps he was really well place in about 3rd wheel. Tim was not far off him but simply ran out of gas. Christian pulled strong and lookeed really good but was unluckely to get rolled for second place. He took out a very handy 3rd with a great ride. Looking good to move up to Div 2 by the end of the season!

The one lap screamers were up next and I remember Mick Curran saying to me before the race 'this event just isn't for us' & well he was spot on the mark. One big suprise however was the ride which Alex produced. For me this was the ride of the night. He drew Theo in his heat and absolutely rocketed out of the gates. Theo is not a slow starter he really rips off the mark and has slot of pride in his starts & Alex almost had him! Just a couple mor meters and the win was his. Non the less his time was under 22 seconds so he is deservent of the 250 prize! Michael also had a very solid performance working hard for well earned second I think from memory. He just couldn't get over the top for the win but did lok very comfortable on the bike none the less.

The third round was the snow ball, in which each lap is worth the amount of points as per the lap. So I took out the first two laps and got 3 points accordingly. Sadly that is all I got and well once again was destroyed by the field. But this was Huw's time to shine and he rode a stellar ride for which he will have to clarify because I was not paying the greatest attention. But he did take out 3rd we think, acummulating 20 something points. So he scored on laps 10 plus, which were the big points near the end of the race. A good solid ride. I also recall that Tim (othy) got well into the mix in this race and put the Div 4 field into grief. But that's about all I recall. I should also give Lindsay's handling a rap for the one lap screamers also while I'm recalling what I can't recall. It was Emy's performance which stands out for the wrong reasons as Lidsay forgot to let go! It may not of been the greatest moment but it is memorable!

The final round was the combines and timeblaster. Going into this event I was thinking I just shouldn't leave the night with nothing but felt like I had nothing. In the earlier combine Christian once again put in a very solid ride. I don't think he placed in fact I remeber Keithy Oliver coming over the top and taking out second. But Christian showed some real grit to hang in there and continues to learn about track tactics. The timeblaster is quite high on my list this year. It's the event where there is a set time and if it is broken money is awarded, otherwise it has to wait another 2 weeks and accumulates. There was a fairly large field, probably abit too large to be an affective working group. THe pace was very up and down in the first few laps. THen with about 20 to go Alex Bird got on the front and hammered and as a result about 6 guys instantly pulled of his wheel and the race went from about 20 plus riders down to an eventual six. I had a beautiful wheel and sat in comfortably. The time basically went with Bird and it just turned into a scratch race. We clocked down the laps, with 2 to go I saw that people were really struggling to turn the pedals and decided it was time to crank it up and see if I could just ride away. It didn't happen but Jules Galli did decide to have a crack at the sprint and jump straight on the front and with one lap to go I had pole position. I bided my time and waithed till about 180m to go and hit the front, due to my tough night I had plenty in tank and went straight over the top and from the video held on quite comfortably for my first win of the season! Very much welcomed after a pretty poor night out on the bike.

All up another great night for everybody. I have been informed now also that there is vouchers to the value of $1500, $1000 & $500 for the first 3 clubs in the team challenge. THat would at least guarentee everybody a new set of knicks if we could get 3rd place! Crafty said that there is no obligation to spend any extra, the company with just do clothing to the amount. It would be a great way to subsidise skinsuites. But we need more people to come to make it possible!!!!

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 09 Jul 2008, 22:47

Hey I'm still in Div 4, they have given me a handicap of 40 mtrs, that's 15 mtrs better than Tim.

Kieran Heffernan Illawarra -10 (behind scratch)
Tim Briers Dullich Hill 25
Michael Clement Central coast 40 (Different club too)
Michael Langdon Dullich Hill 75
Mathew Hynes Randwick Botany 80
Emmie Turner Dullwich Hill 190
Peter Buckingham Bankstown Sports 220 (limit)

Race is 1.75k (7 laps)

Simon Llewellyn

Postby Simon Llewellyn » 10 Jul 2008, 01:52

That's another strong DHBC contingent. Strong possibility of third podium in as many weeks. But it's a great oppportunity to get some wheel race experience, it will come in handy later in the season at opens...

You should ride it Mike.

othy

Postby othy » 10 Jul 2008, 08:16

I'd also like to get on your wheel.

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 10 Jul 2008, 09:07

As I'm recovering from the flu, I'm a bit reluctant to ride. I'll think about it during the day.

timyone

Postby timyone » 10 Jul 2008, 13:29

Man you have to ride! you can win that :D

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 10 Jul 2008, 22:52

Just curious, does the feature race have a prize?

timyone

Postby timyone » 10 Jul 2008, 22:55

yes!
I dont know what though
one week it was cash, though i think hat was a once off, its normally some thing for a bike

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 11 Jul 2008, 16:11

Had to pull the pin, not well enough. Sorry guys.

timyone

Postby timyone » 12 Jul 2008, 01:21

Pity you missed the night. Mick won the wheel race :D

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 12 Jul 2008, 08:31

Congratulations Michael !!!!!!! well done !!!!!!

Adrian E

Postby Adrian E » 12 Jul 2008, 12:11

The happy winner!

Simon wasted after some bad luck in the miss 'n out

Part of team DHBC. We had a good turn up.

Highlights were Micklan winning the Div 4 Handicap and 250 Tim winning Div 3 Kirin.

micklan

Postby micklan » 12 Jul 2008, 15:07

Thanks Mike
Hmm. me thinks you would of won I'd say if you made it...
Well 75 is a good start position. Let me run u thru it:
Alex gave me a mighty push to start with, and then there were riders in front - bang this rider flew past me and that was one problem solved, as one must follow a fast wheel...to the finish. Tim L. from the side was of that opinion also, he let me know each lap as we went round and round and round, the rider kept going, he didn't pull up, we passed some riders, then the big fella, I pulled past on the last corner
The prize - 2nd and 3rd didn't wait for their prizes. $50 cash, arm warmers, a pump and a big tub of that communist bloc energy mixture
Last edited by micklan on 17 Jul 2008, 07:22, edited 1 time in total.

timyone

Postby timyone » 16 Jul 2008, 23:18

man have actionsaps stopped doing the pics for raw?

micklan

Postby micklan » 17 Jul 2008, 07:23

don't know - I've emailed them to ask

timyone

Postby timyone » 26 Jul 2008, 11:50

That was really good to see you stay up when you scraped wheels last night micklan, thats the sorta riding skills i want heaps of hey.

man john is too fast for div four, i wonder how far through the ranks he will move this year when he picks up the riding skills!!

micklan

Postby micklan » 26 Jul 2008, 19:23

Congratulations Tim - you came 2nd in the 6 lapper / or was it 1st?

timyone

Postby timyone » 27 Jul 2008, 00:15

me? nah it was third :( i caught the break by my self over 2 lapes, but 2 out of the three guys off my wheel roled me on the line. They had been sitting on me for more than a lap though so im not as ripped as i would be if id been on a wheel.

photo finish :P

timyone

Postby timyone » 27 Jul 2008, 22:24

hey llewellyn jones got got a 4th in the 6 lapper as well!! 3rd got relegated :D
Nice riding to Tim (othy) on all his places too!!

micklan

Postby micklan » 01 Aug 2008, 23:10

Simon's in the money tonight with 3rd place in 1st div wheel race - well done

(then he had a rest)

timyone

Postby timyone » 02 Aug 2008, 00:46

i reckon that was not enough water hey!

Lol man micklan, i didnt listen to Crafty in the itallian persuit, turns out he was saying we should slow down :S i think we dropped them a bit :S
I totally thought all the lads behind us were alot fitter and faster than us :S didnt think about them being longer race riers, and us being more suited to it :S

micklan

Postby micklan » 02 Aug 2008, 08:20

me dropping others is, well...unheard of - but if we did bump to say 45 then they others may not be able to sustain that?

timyone

Postby timyone » 02 Aug 2008, 08:56

npoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo??!?!!!?!
theyve just rung me up to say that im working!! I just havent seen the roster, its been out two weeks and im only there one day a week on a mobile that6 doesnt have the roster on it?!

i may make the kilo?!

Beanzy

Postby Beanzy » 02 Aug 2008, 10:23

me dropping others is, well...unheard of - but if we did bump to say 45 then they others may not be able to sustain that
I think my top speed was 54km/h in italian pursuit

T-Bone

Postby T-Bone » 03 Aug 2008, 20:07

Well, i've seent the new core roster for work, and it looks like i'll probably be finishing early enough to get to dunc for some racing, though we'll have to wait and see as things have a habit of changing at work. It won't be for the next 2 weeks though.

Beanzy

Postby Beanzy » 06 Aug 2008, 15:06

Some action shots from Italian Pursuits last week. Team DHBC are prominant.

See actionsnaps.com.au for full gallery

micklan

Postby micklan » 06 Aug 2008, 22:06

pedal to the metal Beanzy - what a fine wheel to be on :D

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 06 Aug 2008, 23:26

Beanzy that's a great "man on a mission" photo of you

timyone

Postby timyone » 07 Aug 2008, 09:21

man ive only learnt who beanzy is this week?!
I dunno if thats me being vaigue or what, but yeah.

Beanzy

Postby Beanzy » 07 Aug 2008, 14:06

Sometimes i don't know who i am too...

PS just started raining here at Maquarie Park. Tempe velodrome training may not be on

timyone

Postby timyone » 07 Aug 2008, 14:07

Ive got work till what could be 6:30, so i might be late or not there any way.

micklan

Postby micklan » 07 Aug 2008, 14:46

man have actionsaps stopped doing the pics for raw?
they didn't take photos for week 4

timyone

Postby timyone » 09 Aug 2008, 12:29

man mick! that was a superman effort by you and your team in the itallian persuit last night! seriously out muscled, and you totally went for it ending with a respectable spot against a team that out graded yours for the last 4 or 5 riders!

I have to say how lucky me christian and mike were to be in Whites team though :D Organised by brownie :D I enjoyed that ride, and it was good to put our itallialn persuit training to work especially me and Christian who rode the same positions the other night in training (though we were the last two riders in ours :D

(thats three of us in first place for points :D

micklan

Postby micklan » 09 Aug 2008, 20:21

Mate - I think Beanzy is the superman who was assigned x 3 laps on the front with the purple team italian pursuit, (the crowd went off on that news); - this was due to the fact we had lost so many purple team riders heading off early - i just did one lap. Really wasn't sure what was going on.

Good effort by you boys.
I like your strategy riding Tim where you split the bunch.. in the other races etc.

It's notable the lady riders with DH - Emmy, Monica et al are really doing well...

RAW is a lot of fun :wink:

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 09 Aug 2008, 20:42

Team Green (Tim L, Christian and me) just got everything together. The kid from LACC and I did 2 laps. The kid did well and that put the team into proper organisation. Been smooth is not one of my skills, but somehow I managed it, feedback was that I should of gone slightly faster.

Div4 felt about right this week, as my fitness has dropped a little. Having done the Div3 warmup race, I felt that Div3 isn't a hell of a lot faster than Div4, what do you guys think?

The guy who crashed in the Div3 warmup race, well he did it directly in front of me, the reason was that he decided to leave the track and go onto the inside and surprise surprise the rear let go. I immediately went up the track and it was a good choice as he slid back onto the banking.

micklan

Postby micklan » 10 Aug 2008, 11:36

not sure on the difference between divisions - I've only been in 4 & 3.

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 10 Aug 2008, 23:40

not sure on the difference between divisions - I've only been in 4 & 3.
Thats my question, whats the difference between Div 3 and Div 4

micklan

Postby micklan » 11 Aug 2008, 07:29

Much the same - ?

timyone

Postby timyone » 11 Aug 2008, 19:11

Heres one of the nicest bikes in the dulwich hill track collection.

And heres a pic with its proud owner :D

[/img]

micklan

Postby micklan » 12 Aug 2008, 19:22

why is the owner all blurie Tim

T-Bone

Postby T-Bone » 12 Aug 2008, 23:18

Just touching the bike must make him too fast for the camera.

micklan

Postby micklan » 13 Aug 2008, 07:23

indeed bike and rider as one unit...

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 13 Aug 2008, 09:24

Are last Fridays pictures out there somewhere?

micklan

Postby micklan » 13 Aug 2008, 09:52

Are last Fridays pictures out there somewhere?
Here:
http://www.actionsnaps.com.au/index.php ... catid=1636

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 13 Aug 2008, 10:00

Ha, the only thing I did right last Friday, the Italian persuit

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 14 Aug 2008, 09:20

Here's Simon racing the Chinese girl

http://play.viostream.com/?play=C50739D ... lvhigh.flv

timyone

Postby timyone » 14 Aug 2008, 09:21

This weeks feature race will be the TWE Wheels 2km Wheel-Race
2km that’s 8 laps
1st Prize: Custom purpose built to your specifications 1 X Race set of TWE Wheels
2nd Prize: yes there is a second prize, but I suggest going for first
3rd Prize: why are you reading third prize, go for first.
Handicaps are at the bottom of page
Should any qualified rider be unable to participate the next highest rider on the point-score becomes eligible as 5th rank
Just wanted to post this as i thought it was funny :D

Theres no one actually riding in it from dulwich i dont think, but the make beleive odds is funny too!

alchemist

Postby alchemist » 14 Aug 2008, 20:00

Theres no one actually riding in it from dulwich i dont think, but the make beleive odds is funny too!
I think his odds are probably spot on (not that any one bets on cycling in Aus ;) )

Artson

Postby Artson » 23 Aug 2008, 21:34

Back into the top 5 :D

Rank Tally
1 Illawarra 2117
2 Bicisport 1750
3 Central Coast 1416
4 Lidcombe 1371
5 Dulwich Hill 1201
6 Ranwick Botany 1193
7 Bankstown Sports 1081
8 St George 1052
9 Waratah Vets 900
10 Sutherland 899

Simon Llewellyn

Postby Simon Llewellyn » 23 Aug 2008, 21:39

Hooray, we're beating Randwick!!!

micklan

Postby micklan » 24 Aug 2008, 08:51

Jonathan - aka "Anooying" in Craftie's commentary won a few races on Friday. Scratch, 1 lap screamer and also the Mystery race I think - well done

Also Beanzy won the Fat Man's race - he won his weight in gold...

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 24 Aug 2008, 21:43

One rider who qualified was Huw Morgan (DHBC). Huw weighed in indicating that he should scrape in over the 94kg. He was gutted (no pun intended) to see 99.1kg. He walked away from the scales shaking his head and never really recovered from the weigh in and in the 1 lap screamer he started poorly which compounded his woes. I saw Huw in the HBT later in the night, still stunned by his weight. He was determined not to drink any beer blaming the amber liquid for his demise. I was very sympathetic as I poured him a beer to drown his sorrows.

timyone

Postby timyone » 25 Aug 2008, 00:01

Man i may be out for this week, though not sure yet. I stacked it on a bmx while on a camp on the weekend, my shoulder is a bit gone, and i dont know how bad it is yet, had to get my motor bike ridden home for me.

I was hammering the track, till i hit a rock or some thing while landing a jump, while maybe going to fast. But yeah. No bikes for a bit, no training either.

micklan

Postby micklan » 25 Aug 2008, 07:27

Man i may be out for this week, though not sure yet. I stacked it on a bmx while on a camp on the weekend, my shoulder is a bit gone, and i dont know how bad it is yet, had to get my motor bike ridden home for me.
Sorry to hear that Tim - get well soon...

timyone

Postby timyone » 25 Aug 2008, 10:57

yeah i have to! i wanted to finish top 5! points are doubled for winning soon, maybe this week, so ill be gone if i dont get in and win some thing!!

hang on when was that that we were ahead of randwick?!

timyone

Postby timyone » 27 Aug 2008, 09:36

ok i think im out for the season, with a fractured clavical.

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 27 Aug 2008, 09:48

ok i think im out for the season, with a fractured clavical.
Wow that must hurt

micklan

Postby micklan » 27 Aug 2008, 11:30

Geez Tim
No good mate

timyone

Postby timyone » 27 Aug 2008, 14:05

oops scapula.
and its only suspected so far

Artson

Postby Artson » 30 Aug 2008, 23:23

1 Illawarra 2307
2 Bicisport 1916
3 Central Coast 1626
4 Lidcombe 1529
5 Dulwich Hill 1283
6 Ranwick Botany 1251
7 St George 1163
8 Bankstown Sports 1161
9 Waratah Vets 988
10 Sutherland 959
11 Penrith 802
12 Northern Sydney 717
13 Parramatta 659

timyone

Postby timyone » 31 Aug 2008, 01:13

far out its close! winning is important as now isnt it? the doubled points etc?

timyone

Postby timyone » 31 Aug 2008, 22:55

Man nosh mystery totally has div III!

micklan

Postby micklan » 01 Sep 2008, 10:23

Had a stack on friday at RAW - not my fault.
At the start, in fact only half lap completed of the Div 3 Madi-lead, about three bikes up a clipped wheel or two, they fell up the track I went down the track to the concrete, lest I run the other guys over. Helmet worked well. Need a few repairs on bike. (There's always that split second of optimism re: avoiding the pile up, but as the bikes ahead start to go pear shaped...their surface area expands). Thus that's it for RAW for me this year as I have some commitments for the next few fridays...had great fun, learnt a lot about the various races :wink:

Is the Omni on this Sat 1pm at Tempe?

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 01 Sep 2008, 10:25

Michael, are you hurt?

micklan

Postby micklan » 01 Sep 2008, 10:35

Michael, are you hurt?
Nup, suprisingly not badly hurt. Just very brusied / sore left thigh, graze on left arm, neck a little strained.

I will be riding this week...

timyone

Postby timyone » 01 Sep 2008, 11:48

Far out man! glad to hear your ok!

christian

Postby christian » 01 Sep 2008, 12:00

I was two bikes behind Mick, I saw it happen and managed to get around, it all seemed to happen very fast. Glad to hear you're ok Mick. So far I think there has only been crashes in Div 3 luckily I haven't been involved in any of them.

Return to “Track”