DHBC Juniors Training, News and Statistics 22 Aug 2012

For all things Velodrome
colin

Postby colin » 23 Aug 2012, 17:48

Hi All,

Another huge turnout, 17 riders. Sorry to Dexter as the bike he normal rider was being used by the riders on the warm up track.
So we really had 18 juniors!!!!

Welcomes to Zack and Louis. And welcome back to Adrien, Claude and William.

Lizanne worked with Melina, William, Adrien, Claude, Zack and Louis on the warm up track sharing the two small bike between the 6 riders. All venturing out onto the main track over the session and look to be coming up to speed very quickly.

Before each rider got onto the track, James and I measured the rollout of the bikes being used. 5 bikes were found to have a longer rollout than the rider should be riding. We’ll need to address this over time and try to get all riders on the correct rollout so as not to be pushing a to higher gear. The rollout for U13 and below is 5.5m and U15 is 6.0m. See http://www.cycling.org.au/?Page=9497 for the complete list.

After Individual warm ups, it was Paceline drill for the two groups for about 10 laps, again the groups are working well together and with smooth change overs. Am I now repeating myself each week regarding this drill?

Next the Italian Pursuit, this race seemed to be enjoyed by all the last time we ran this event. The 2 teams were created and somehow all the Wallace girls, Mia, Tess and Alison, ended up on the same team with Taku and Fabian (team 1 on the back straight), riding in that order. Just a coincidence. The other team, team 2, consisted of Toby, Darani, Rohan, Broughton and Francis. We handicapped Fabian who had to complete 1.5 laps as the last rider on his team. The racing was close, with Mia and Toby leading out their teams. Both sprang off the front leaving their teams to chase, great effort guys. Everyone trying there hardest. The first race was team 1 by a nose, 3:06.08 to 3:06.36. After a short break it was race two. I had Broughton and Francis swap places on team 2. Again Mia and Toby shot off the front, this time the times were faster with team 2 winning and being under 3 minutes.

Next, the lunchbox drill, with all riders completing the drill once.

Lastly, Motorpace with Lizanne and Chris Hageman driving the train. Again it was 5 laps at 25kph then upping the pace by 2kph each lap. Taku, back on his own bike dropped off at 39kph and Francis at 41kph, not quite as fast as last week. Excellent job!

• News

As the number of riders increasing, to keep the track free and clear. I’m placing a ban on parents riding during the session, unless involved with the training or we have a parents day.

• Racing

I’d like to finalise the riders for the National Junior track Series soon.

Junior Development is on at RAW this Friday night. Lizanne we be there and very willing to help out anybody wishing to give it a go.

• Please prompt for a 6pm start
• Senior warm up will be stopped for about 10minutes at 6:15pm
• First Junior demonstration event will be at 7:02pm

$5 entry (paid by parent)
$5 prize for one lap PB (if first time a TT is done in warm up, then the PB can be broken in the race) paid to the Junior!
race licenses are needed

• Lost Property

The runners, look to be girls, and leather jacket still have not been claimed.

• Track Bikes

We will soon start a thread on the forum to discuss, comment and alert people to smaller bikes found for sale.

I’m away next week so James Rogers will be running the session. Be kind to him.

Thanks to Lizanne, James and Chris

Till the 5th Sept

Colin

Simon Llewellyn

Postby Simon Llewellyn » 24 Aug 2012, 08:00

Wow that is an incredible turnout! You & co are doing an amazing job.

Return to “Track”