Donate your old parts lying around to DHBC

For all things Velodrome
Simon Llewellyn

Postby Simon Llewellyn » 28 Jul 2011, 14:25

Hi all,

It is a long term battle down at Tempe to keep loan bikes fully functioning and available for people to use. We are planning on setting a goal of having every bike fully built and functional so that bikes are not stripped in order to build other bikes.

If you have any of the following lying around at home and are not using them please let me or Lindsay know or bring it down to the track:
-Track wheels
- Handle bars
- Stems (Old quil are on high demant)
-Track Cranks
-square taper bottom brackets
-handle bar tape
- 1/8 chains unused
- pedals
-tyres (not warn out)

Cheers Simon.

Lizanne

Postby Lizanne » 28 Jul 2011, 15:21

done and done!
i'll be replacing my wheels on my fixie (makeover for jellybean) so if you don't mind faded pink and green i'll bring the old wheels down to the track!

jbcow

Postby jbcow » 02 Aug 2011, 20:11

Simon - re the bars - do they need to be strictly track bars?
I have a set of bars that I don't need and will never use. They are drops that came off a single speed - so more like road bars but without hoods. From memory they have cork tape on them ready to go. Standard size bar, about 40 or 42 wide.
Let me know and I will bring them to the track if I see them in my travels.

AlexD

Postby AlexD » 02 Aug 2011, 22:26

I have some spare quill stems, bottom brackets, track cranks, seatposts and saddles. Nothing amazing, mostly a bit scratched up but functional. I'll bring a bag down tomorrow.

Simon Llewellyn

Postby Simon Llewellyn » 03 Aug 2011, 15:13

Simon - re the bars - do they need to be strictly track bars?
I have a set of bars that I don't need and will never use. They are drops that came off a single speed - so more like road bars but without hoods. From memory they have cork tape on them ready to go. Standard size bar, about 40 or 42 wide.
Let me know and I will bring them to the track if I see them in my travels.
Cheers Justin, I'm not sure where we sit with bars but any bars are better than no bars and some people prefer road.

Return to “Track”