DHBC Juniors Training & News 30th March 2011

For all things Velodrome
michellebrown

Postby michellebrown » 31 Mar 2011, 14:44

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
There'll be no Juniors Traning at Tempe Velodrome next Wednesday the 6th of April, but Juniors training will be on during school holidays

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Everyone,

We're really sorry, but Phil Kelly and I are taking a holiday break next week, so we've had to cancel the juniors training. It will run during the school holidays though, so we hope you can make it along if you're not going away. Don't forget Brian Sprouster has a juniors training session at Dunc Gray Velodrome on Monday from 5.15pm to 6pm for the younger riders and 6pm to 7pm for the older juniors. Might be just the week to check it out.

Track Training
Thanks to Phil Kelly, Donna Bolton and Andrew Trovas for another great training session this week concentrating on Time Trials and a couple of exciting Miss & Out races. Impressive times recorded by youngsters John Trovas and Thomas Cornish in the TTs. Special mentions also for Ewan Rozdal and Tallis Boerne Marcus who fought it out for a thrilling 1st and 2nd place sprint in the M&O. We missed Hugo Venville who was sick - hope you're feeling better now. Virtual medals as well for Tess Wallace and Francis Teow for learning to ride up the track to stop on the railing and back down again - won't be long before you're both training with the bunch! :mrgreen:

Equipment
Thanks to eveyone who's been helping me out preparing the loan bikes for training - I certainly appreciate it. Just a quick mention about helmets. It's really important for your safety that you have a correctly fitted helmet for training. If you are unsure how to fit it, let me know and I can show you. It also needs an Australian Standard Sticker No. 1698 to comply for insurance purposes. Most important of all, it will help prevent a serious head injury in the case of a fall. Thanks to all the riders and parents who've paid special attention to this.

Road Training
The older DHBC Junior riders are considering a regular Saturday morning ride on the Eastern Sydney hills, dove-tailing with the Slowies bunch for the return to Marrickville. For safety we'd need two adults to supervise. Let us know whether you'd be interested and/or can help out with supervision.

That's all for this week, see you all again on Wednesday the 13th of April.
Till then, keep rolling...
Michelle Brown
DHBC Juniors
0412 442 550

Return to “Track”