Front wheel stolen - need to replace

Parts, bike builds, tools, tips and maintenance.
stephiej

Postby stephiej » 05 Aug 2013, 22:05

My front wheel was stolen off my bike in my front yard the other day and I need to replace it :(

The bike is a 2008 Trek 7300 and has 700c Bontrager wheels and tyres (well ... just one now). I mostly use it for commuting between Newtown and Waterloo.

I'm pretty cash poor right now so I'm looking for a cheap and reasonable way of replacing it. I have been to Bike Club in Redfern and they are arranging to get me a reasonable wheel and tyre for $75 to pick up on Wednesday night (unlikely to be a Bontrager level wheel though). They didn't think that the wheels they had there would cut it for my bike.

I'm not very knowledgeable about these things so would like to get some feedback on whether this is a good idea. I don't know much about what they are offering me or even what questions I should ask or what is reasonable for them to supply for this price.

Are there other options I should be looking at? Things I should be asking them when I go to pick the wheel up? Any other thoughts?

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 05 Aug 2013, 22:48

I can give you an old wheel and tyre for free. It's not very good, but it could buy you time till you can afford to buy your wheel of choice.

JoTheBuilder

Postby JoTheBuilder » 06 Aug 2013, 07:13

I also have a spare lying around if there is a problem.

stephiej

Postby stephiej » 07 Aug 2013, 18:18

I also have a spare lying around if there is a problem.
I can give you an old wheel and tyre for free. It's not very good, but it could buy you time till you can afford to buy your wheel of choice.
You guys are great! Thank you. Where are you located that I could pick up from?

It would be nice not to have to fork out for a new wheel right now :)

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 08 Aug 2013, 08:52

PM sent, check your inbox

Return to “The Workshop”