Tour Downunder 2009

Bicycle related chatter & discussion
Daryl

Postby Daryl » 30 Jan 2009, 10:59

Hi guys...

Just got back from an exciting trip to Adelaide to cheer on the Tour Downunder. Lots of "Lance Glances" as the only time you get to see him is when he is flying past.

Manage to have a quick chat and shake hands with the likes of Bernhard Eisel (Team Columbia), Laurent Biondi (AG2R team manager), Jens Voigt (Team Saxobank)...and Allan Davis (Team Quickstep). Amazing how close you can get some of the biggest names in cycling. My wife also managed to get the autographs of the entire squad of Team Katusha. So in my good books :lol:

The city of Adelaide was buzzing with cyclists and I missed my bike. Atmosphere was amazing and lots of bike talk no matter where you go. We watched stages 3 till 6 and it was interesting navigating around the race route and trying not to stop at the many vineyards in McClaren Vale and the Barossa. Well, there was nothing to stop us after each stage :D

Will try to go again next year but will definately bring my bike and do the Mutual Community Challenge.

Catch up with you guys soon.

Frank.S87

Postby Frank.S87 » 30 Jan 2009, 14:11

whoa sounds like you had heaps of fun.

im jealous

the signature of team katusha would be a great catch, wonder how much that would be sold if it were ebayed lol

timyone

Postby timyone » 30 Jan 2009, 14:15

Jens Voigt (Team Saxobank)...
is my hero :D
i would have come just to shake hands with him :D

Return to “Conversation”