National Junior Track Series - Round 1 (Sydney)

For all things Velodrome
James Rogers

Postby James Rogers » 14 Oct 2012, 22:04

Here's a mini report. I'll let the pictures tell the story – and update the goings-on a little later.

Three juniors participated in the National Junior Track Series over this weekend. Two of them (Taku and Broughton) had never ridden competitively before... and were pretty much thrown into the deep end. While the initial races were a bit of a shock to the system, they did well considering they were also competing with others that were almost two years older than them in their age category. Tom Bolton also rode in U17 for the first time, also as one of the youngest in his age category. He made some bold moves, and often caught the attention of the race caller. There was more to it than just that of course, so will add to this thread as soon as I get some time.

Trouty

Postby Trouty » 15 Oct 2012, 06:02

Well done boys. I was at Dunc in the morning and I saw the huge number of juniors that were arriving with all their bike boxes. Most of the other interstate clubs had huge teams, so glad to see 3 red jerseys amongst them. Great photos, looks like you had fun.

Lizanne

Postby Lizanne » 15 Oct 2012, 07:26

congrats guys!
can't wait to see the new racing skills on wednesday

JoTheBuilder

Postby JoTheBuilder » 15 Oct 2012, 09:20

And for those who watched Channel 10 news, they did the broadcast on the Matt White story from Dunc Gray and the racing juniors were on in the background...

Eleri

Postby Eleri » 15 Oct 2012, 17:42

Excellent experience and great to see all the pictures!

Return to “Track”