DHBC Juniors Training, News and Statistics 9 July 2014

For all things Velodrome
colin

Postby colin » 10 Jul 2014, 15:49

Hi All,

Just a sort note this week

It’s the last week of school holidays so almost bad to normality.

We 11 riders with a big black cloud looking to spoil training.

Welcome back to Taylah for her second time on the track.

We started the session with a 10 lap paceline the then it was a 2 lap Time trail. Everyone put in good time with Eadyn improving on his PB by just under 1.5 seconds. Tess and Taylah also had great times for their first recorded times. We were starting the next drill when it started to rain so we called it a night.

Upcoming events

RAW, on again this Friday night. Warm up from 6:30, racing starts 7:05.
There has been some great results with Sarah leading points in Div 5, not far behind are Zanzi, Ruby, Max and Francis. Taku is fighting it out in Div 4, Bro is 6th in Div 3 and Tom Bolton equal 8th in Div 1. Hope you’re all having fun and keep up the good work.

National Junior Track Series, announced last night. 4 rounds.
Rd1 – Sydney, Oct 4 & 5
Rd2 – Melbourne, Nov 15 & 16
Rd3 – Launceston, Dec 5 & 6
Rd4 – Adelaide, Jan 16 & 17

This is open to all under 15, 17 and this year first year U19 women. Could those interested please let me know so I can start to organise the entry and teams, closing date for Rd1 is the 15th Aug. We should have about 17 eligible riders in these age groups for the 2015 season so that’s 3 fullish teams of 6.

Road
Lots of road events filling the calendar for those wish to participate. I’ll have created a road thread, here, on the forum soon for event’s, news, results and race reports. This weekend is the Junior Road Metro’s hosted by Southern Cross CC and the next junior tour, Tamworth 2 Days Tour, is on the weekend of the 26th.

In September, DHBC will be holding a junior club crit at Rookwood cemetery. More details closer to the date.

House keeping
It’s that time of year to start the selection process for the 2015 junior track captains, both men’s and women’s. Could I have some nominations please.

Birthdays
No Birthdays this week.

‘til next Wednesday

Colin

Return to “Track”