A Bad start to the year for Cyclists

Bicycle related chatter & discussion
jimmy

Postby jimmy » 15 Jan 2014, 04:45

The media is reporting another death of a cyclist in a road accident. The accident occurred at McKell Ave at Waterfall, this is the road that leads from Waterfall down the hill.

Casey Kinnaird was involved in a collision with a car travelling in the opposite direction, she was airlifted to St George Hospital and died yesterday as a result of her injuries.
Sydney entrepreneur Casey Kinnaird has died three days after she was gravely injured in a cycling incident south of Sydney.

The 35-year-old was riding along McKell Avenue at Waterfall when she was involved in a collision with a car travelling in the opposite direction about 7.15am on Saturday.

A rescue helicopter flew Ms Kinnaird to St George Hospital. She died from her injuries on Tuesday.

The New Zealand born financial services adviser was a keen cyclist and known to have trained with members of the Cronulla Triathlon Club.
Full Article

My thoughts are with her family

timothy_clifford

Postby timothy_clifford » 15 Jan 2014, 06:18

Very sad.

Word is that it she was riding downhill, went wide through a sharp corner straight into the oncoming car.More here...

JoTheBuilder

Postby JoTheBuilder » 15 Jan 2014, 07:47

Yup. Unfortunately that is the case.

She rode with Cronulla Tri Club and I believe was due to meet Julian later on in the ride.

Thoughts are with her family and friends. Ride safe everyone.

Stuart

Postby Stuart » 15 Jan 2014, 14:33

I spoke with Julian last night. It's a real tragedy, as it when any cyclist is killed. It was the tight decreasing radius left hander on the top section of the descent from Waterfall. Condolences to all. Ride Safe.

Return to “Conversation”