SRAM AL30 Race Wheelset $250.

Bikes and parts for sale plus links to "On Sale" items at bike shops
rhys

Postby rhys » 22 Jun 2013, 13:03

Hello,
I have no use for this wheelset anymore so I am selling them for $250. I'll put them up here in the hope that a DHBC member wants them. If no interest after a week or so I will advertise them elsewhere (for a higher price).
A review (albeit, a biased marketing-laiden one) of the wheels can be read here:
http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... t-11-44657
but all you really need to know is that these wheels are light, fast on the flats, climb well, and because of the CXRay straight-pull bladed spokes are very strong. They are also DHBC colours.

They are radially laced with 18 spokes on the front, and the 20 rear spokes are laced radial drive-side/1x non-drive side. They came new on my bike in 2011 as seen here:

They served me well until one of the internal nipple washers corroded and cracked, causing the nipple to be pulled through the rim cracking it slightly. SRAM replaced the whole wheel on warranty for a brand new one, within one week, and it has been ridden once to La Perouse - about 30km. Here is the cassette body showing minimal wear from being ridden once:

The front was ridden for around a year before I bought a new wheelset. It is still in great condition, however the hub has corroded a little from living/riding near the ocean a lot.

As they are internal nippled they require a special tool for truing, and this is included along with the manual, two rear and one front QR skewer, as well as six spare spokes for the rear wheel should you ever need them (I never did). They do not come with wheelbags.

These are a great wheelset if you want to race and train on the same wheels; however if you're looking to upgrade from your bike's stock wheelset they are also suitable.
I can bring them to Tempe track Monday nights or if you twist my arm, I could possibly deliver them to you if you live close by. PM me or msg me on facebook if you are interested, or you can text me on oh-419-7oh8-118.
Apologies for the average photos.

Rhys

JoTheBuilder

Postby JoTheBuilder » 22 Jun 2013, 13:25

Do they come with the bike...? ;-)

Return to “For Sale”