Your votes Help 2 members win $10,000 for street project.

Bicycle related chatter & discussion
geoff m

Postby geoff m » 04 Jun 2011, 14:42

Hi. Greg B and I (club riders) both are part of a street Project and our entry is in the lead in a NSW comp to win $10,000 by the greatest number of votes. We will apply the funds to further landscaping the street in an environmentally innovative way.

We need your quick votes to stay ahead. Look at our quick video on the below link starring the kids of the street. (cute).

Please do vote for us if you think it's a good cause. Please also send to your friends, post on your FB or post on other Forums where allowed.

Thanks.

Geoff
    http://sustainabilitydrive.com.au/entry ... outh-wales

geoff m

Postby geoff m » 26 Jun 2011, 21:16

Guys, This competition closes at midnight Monday 27th June and we are in the lead out of 11,000 entries. We are 120 votes ahead, and had our lead cut down by 150 in the past 24 hours. Momentum of No2 will likely catch us and we will lose the competition and the $10,000 donated to our street for further street scaping.

If you can check out the link, and vote for it, if you like it, we may well hold on by midnight tomorrow. Thansk and sorry for these messages. Its a community project and we've worked so hard on it.

Geoff & Greg (club members, W...... Avenue)

milletta

Postby milletta » 26 Jun 2011, 22:24

Happy to vote but hit link and couldn't work out how to do it. Let me know how and will do it tomorrow before the deadline. Good luck

geoff m

Postby geoff m » 26 Jun 2011, 22:34

Click on the 'Like this Entry' green link on the bottom left corner and then enter your email address and submit. You then need to go to your email account and you will have received a confirmation, which you must click on, to then register your vote. Its pretty easy - hope there are no further troubles. Thanks again. The street has put in a lot of effort over the past 2 years.

geoff m

Postby geoff m » 27 Jun 2011, 08:38

Thanks everyone.

They said midnight votes close on Monday. I didn't realise that this is first thing on Monday morning which must be technically midnight. Its now officially over.

Thanks to all - we may have some good news, but have to wait for the officially judging.

Geoff and Greg B.

geoff m

Postby geoff m » 27 Jun 2011, 11:12

OMG. This is nerve racking. I'm not sure what Origin Energy have done, but they've re-opened the entries until tonight.

Our competition is closing on us by 80 votes. Your votes are crucial (assuming you like the entry (-: )

Lizanne

Postby Lizanne » 27 Jun 2011, 11:17

voted excellent video!

geoff m

Postby geoff m » 03 Jul 2011, 13:15

Guys, thanks so much from Greg and myself for the votes. We think we may have been pipped at the post by another entry (bit like riding solo as leader for 200kms and seeing the line, to be taken over by the peleton at the post) for the People Choice Award votes.

Better news is we have been judged one of two entries in NSW for the first prize of $250,000 for the street in environmental goods. Its actually $12.5k per house and as we only have about 10 houses, we would win half that amount.

The winners are announced on Sunrise tomorrow (Monday morning) by Kochie and Mel. We will be out in the street, live, on TV awaiting results. Origin Energy even paid for Cafe Dal'or (used to be called Cafe Bobo - you might remember it) to open specially for us tomorrow to feed the street between 6am and 9am. They normally take Monday's off.

Fingers crossed.

Thanks again

Geoff and Greg

http://sustainabilitydrive.com.au/featured-entries

T-Bone

Postby T-Bone » 04 Jul 2011, 13:32

I see you were one of the 4 winners. Congratulations!!

geoff m

Postby geoff m » 04 Jul 2011, 19:22

Thanks James, and thanks for all the votes, even if we didn't win that 'side' competition for most views.

Managed to clock this media up today. I was going to where the DHBC jersey but that would have been going a bit too far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIM3EjE0Cyg

Return to “Conversation”