Christmas Lights tour

Road cycling & upcoming rides
Eleri

Postby Eleri » 19 Dec 2010, 14:29

Last night a small group of tourists sought out the best that the inner west had to offer in Christmas lights, ending up in Ashbury for a nightcap and the best biscotti around. A very pleasant evening, just the right temperature and good leadership from Mark and Warren who knew where they were going. And good that Ted had the opportunity to kick off his training for the Alpine Classic. :wink:

Here's the evidence. Spot Michelle's antlers, subject of mirth for small children.

somewhere on Canada Bay

somewhere in Haberfield or maybe Leichhardt

First Avenue Ashbury, a modest but tasteful effort from our hosts (who were able to demonstrate a 12 bike hallway - impressive!)

Camilla

Postby Camilla » 19 Dec 2010, 14:40

What an attractive bunch we make! I especially like Warren's radioactive legs. Any wonder the DHBC household we aggressively Christmas-carolled along the way chose to ignore us, and their DHBC guests feigned ignorance as to our identities!

Trouty

Postby Trouty » 19 Dec 2010, 15:31

What an attractive bunch we make! I especially like Warren's radioactive legs. Any wonder the DHBC household we aggressively Christmas-carolled along the way chose to ignore us, and their DHBC guests feigned ignorance as to our identities!
Yep, Mr Bahumbug and I (in the company of Linda and Ian), all commented at the time at how people singing Christmas Carols should be banned after we heard some people serenade us. I thought the singers were expecting money or some thing.....if I'd known it was you lot - we definitely would have pretended we weren't home! Just kidding - if you yelled out your names we might have let you in for a drink...maybe.

Return to “Road”