Mustering brumbies on Mt Tamborine by bicycle

Bicycle related chatter & discussion
geoff m

Postby geoff m » 03 Jan 2010, 09:36

Having great holiday in Gold Coast Hinterland near Mt Tamborine. Have taken the bike up there twice - its 8kms and slightly harder gradient than Waterfall Hill.

Getting to the bottom of the hill with a friend we came across three race horses on the road. Once we managed to pass them we slowed on coming traffic down and dropped into the Bearded Dragon Motel to raise the alert. The owner said two words - "My beauties!" and was off in a flash into her car. We road back behind her to control the trafic when a police 4WD came by and I gave him the info as he road alongside me.

We pulled up and I used my bike as a road block whilst they slowly mustered the three horses up. Sure enough they were race horses.

Here ends the drama.

The only other excitement was having to call signals for dead cane toads on the side of the road for my friend following me. They were everywhere and a real threat to bring a rider down.

Such are the wild dangers on the QLD roads!

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 03 Jan 2010, 10:05

Nice! But where's the photo? Or it didn't happen. ;)

Julio

Postby Julio » 03 Jan 2010, 12:50

The only other excitement was having to call signals for dead cane toads on the side of the road for my friend following me. They were everywhere and a real threat to bring a rider down.
They do make a mess on the road but are ever so much fun when you hear the 'pop' noise as you drive over them

timyone

Postby timyone » 03 Jan 2010, 19:17

crazy!
lol and the cane toad comment by julio is funny as@

Return to “Conversation”