Clarence st Cup-Two for One Spectator Offer by CNSW for DHBC

For all things Velodrome
timyone

Postby timyone » 28 Oct 2009, 21:48

Whos in
28th of nov

This used to be one of the bigger ones on the callender along with the sydney cup on wheels

christian

Postby christian » 29 Oct 2009, 12:09

I've entered.

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 15 Nov 2009, 21:50

I've entered

If anyone else is entering, it closes in an hour

shrubb face

Postby shrubb face » 16 Nov 2009, 06:24

I had to pay a late fee. *Sad face*

orphic

Postby orphic » 16 Nov 2009, 07:55

I remembered late last night, suprised I managed that after a few beers.

I'm in, and hopefully going to be feeling better for this one than Sydney Cup :oops:

geoff m

Postby geoff m » 17 Nov 2009, 23:00

Guys, this email came in from Kevin Young, CEO of CNSW. Big congrats to Amy and Simon who get a great rap. Also great to see the participation and results of our women. Amy has come a long way from the E Grade win back at Nowra early in the year. Good to see Victoria also having a crack at the upcoming Clarence St Cyclery Cup.

Here's a copy of Kevin's open invitation to our club. Pretty good deal - don't forget to wear your jersey, or something red, to be eligible for the free entry offer. If you need to be creative, I'm sure a similar outfit you would wear to the Sydney swans would do the trick. So long as its Red.

Hi Geoff

Must say Geoff I was impressed to see so many Dulwich Hill riders racing on Saturday night here at the Dunc Gray Velodrome. Amy Vesty in the Women’s events were indeed gutsy and Simon Llewellyn in the final 30 lap event was amazing.

With the Dulwich Hill BC putting in such a tremendous effort to grow their membership and to support track cycling, Cycling NSW would like to offer a special deal to encourage as many Club supporters as we possibly can along to the Clarence St Cyclery Cup to cheers on your riders. It would be fantastic if we could get your Club supporters to deck themselves out in the all red colours. We are prepared to offer a two for one spectator ticket offer for any Dulwich Hill supporters who show up in red shirts and say they are from Dulwich Hill CC.

We hope that Dulwich Hill BC will take up the challenge and stamp their presence on Clarence St Cyclery program. Main carnival gets underway at 6.30pm

Regards

Kevin Young
Chief Executive Officer
Cycling NSW
www.nsw.cycling.org.au

Stuart

Postby Stuart » 18 Nov 2009, 07:41

Jo & I are away that weekend ....

Trouty

Postby Trouty » 18 Nov 2009, 18:07

Jo & I are away that weekend ....
I'm sure Amy will be in and get a definate place for DHBC in there. Unfortunately a bit sad to see Camilla still fighting injury, but we are looking forward to her being ready for the Presidents cup.

Camilla

Postby Camilla » 19 Nov 2009, 10:48

I've been ordered to stay on the bench another 3 weeks! Which means the Presidents Cup looks doubtful. If I'm even back on a bike by then, I'll be so unfit and flabby that I'll be lucky to make it to the end of a flying 200.

However ... there's a very good chance I'm going to start ignoring doctor's orders in the very near future at at least come to training. I just can't take any more.

But until the Christmas Carnival, it looks like I'll be a two-for-one deal spectator. At least there's a lot to cheer about!

geoff m

Postby geoff m » 19 Nov 2009, 11:31

I've been ordered to stay on the bench another 3 weeks! Which means the Presidents Cup looks doubtful. If I'm even back on a bike by then, I'll be so unfit and flabby that I'll be lucky to make it to the end of a flying 200.

However ... there's a very good chance I'm going to start ignoring doctor's orders in the very near future at at least come to training. I just can't take any more.

But until the Christmas Carnival, it looks like I'll be a two-for-one deal spectator. At least there's a lot to cheer about!
Camilla,

I think your understanding of what the word 'flabby' means and what I understand it to mean, might be poles apart....

:)

timyone

Postby timyone » 20 Nov 2009, 17:25

i hopefully wont be wearing red :D see how i go with that though :D

orphic

Postby orphic » 27 Nov 2009, 09:35

I have only trained once this week, and it was a very half arsed effort as I was still feeling sick.

While I'm feeling a bit better today, I'm wondering if it's worth doing this race given the form I'll be in... Advice please!

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 27 Nov 2009, 09:45

You should come to my Spin session 12.15 today at Market st Fitness First

timyone

Postby timyone » 27 Nov 2009, 11:43

I have only trained once this week, and it was a very half arsed effort as I was still feeling sick.

While I'm feeling a bit better today, I'm wondering if it's worth doing this race given the form I'll be in... Advice please!
ride, doesnt matter how you feel, you need all the racing you can get, in the end race experience will get you a long way.

(riders that come back just for the fun of it, that are half as fit as they were, can still ride out of their fitness level because of the experience they have. I would recomend maybe racing tonight too if you could :D (lidcombe?))

orphic

Postby orphic » 27 Nov 2009, 14:19

I don't think I'll be racing tonight, I need to chill out. But I might do slowies in the morning to show off my new bike.

If I'm feeling ok doing that I'll come and race, but only if you promise to encourage me when I look like sh!t :)

timyone

Postby timyone » 27 Nov 2009, 14:34

Tonight at lidcombe? Or at the kilo?

Julio

Postby Julio » 28 Nov 2009, 20:52

Amy 2nd and Tim got 5th in the Clarence Cup.

Amy was pipped on the post by the width of her tyre for second after pulling out an amazing race where as Tim had to fight his way through the crowd to get fifth.
Last edited by Julio on 29 Nov 2009, 06:52, edited 1 time in total.

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 28 Nov 2009, 22:37

Not Othy, it was the other Tim ie Tim LLL

Congratulations Amy
Congratulations Tim

Overall it was a great night for DHBC, 5 riders in the the guys final;
Tim LLL
Michael Ch
Mike Cl
Shaun Colley
Alex C
and Amy in gals final making it 6
We had that many riders in the guys final that we struggled to find enough handlers

And there were good results in other races, for example in the Masters 4 scratch race, Mark L took 2nd and I took 3rd.

Tim LLL was on fire winning the repocharge for the ? scratch.

What were the other results?

timyone

Postby timyone » 28 Nov 2009, 23:05

1st in the kieran repecharge, 5th in the clarence st cup (they pay top 5th :P), second in the opening scratch, and thuird in the two closing scratch races :D. Thats a place in every thing i raced tonight (except the two kierans that had Australianb riders in them! and i gave them a run for their money in the last one :D)

I was happy as with winning a state level kieran :D I went off the front and just sped up as i went :D

Nice work amy!~! thats massive! seriously two top three finishes in two of the biggest wheel races! Tonights ont is massive up to 5th!

Trouty

Postby Trouty » 29 Nov 2009, 08:09

Congratulations every one that did the Clarence St Cup, it sounds like you guys had a great night with some really impressive results.

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 29 Nov 2009, 21:01

1st in the kieran repecharge, 5th in the clarence st cup (they pay top 5th :P), second in the opening scratch, and thuird in the two closing scratch races :D. Thats a place in every thing i raced tonight (except the two kierans that had Australianb riders in them! and i gave them a run for their money in the last one :D)

I was happy as with winning a state level kieran :D I went off the front and just sped up as i went :D

Nice work amy!~! thats massive! seriously two top three finishes in two of the biggest wheel races! Tonights ont is massive up to 5th!
Mate you were on fire. In the combined 3/4 at the end, when you kicked there were riders spat everywhere, I hung on for dear life, but it was touch and go.

Special thanks to Victoria and Alex C for saving my bacon, I'm especially lucky that Victoria isn't into pink :)

orphic

Postby orphic » 29 Nov 2009, 23:18

You are welcome Mike, although next time I hope to race so you better bring your helmet!

I must say I really enjoyed being a spectator last night. I was feeling pretty depressed about not racing but the outstanding performances by our club lifted my spirits. Watching Amy race the CSC was especially awesome... I think I hurt my throat from screaming her name so loud and I swore so much at the end of it I am pretty sure I offended some people ;)

I've uploaded some photos to Flickr. A great deal of them didn't work out very well. In my defence it was my first attempt at sport photography and generally I am a crap photographer anyway... I had borrowed my sisters camera for the evening in the hope to entertain myself.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45106507@N ... 897702720/

kevinllewellyn

Postby kevinllewellyn » 30 Nov 2009, 07:05

Great photos

Julio

Postby Julio » 30 Nov 2009, 08:57

Great photos
yes I agree

I have to honest, that was the first time I have been to Dunc Gray Velodrome, the first time I watched a track race where I cared what happened and the first time I felt apart of a cycling team. Sitting in the crowd with kevin llewellyn and alex's miss's we cheered everything in DHBC colours.

Listening to the comparie cheering on timll after he won his kieren race and all of the dnbc supporters screaming for amy to win the clarence st cup was something that will stay with me for a long time. It was a great night out and I think I am hooked on this track thingy.

timyone

Postby timyone » 30 Nov 2009, 09:52

heres some pics dad took.

sorry about the amount of loading, dad asked me to put them on so ive just copy and pasted all the photo links off photo bucket for him

There is actually a photo in here, about half way through of me riding along in the infield, sorta blurry with a guy in blue, who has a campag back wheel. Thats Peter Lewis, who i kept having in my heats?! he was at the worlds last week, and i went up and said hi confusing him with a drapac porsche rider! so in this pic i was asking if he remembered me from that :D and he did :D Im not sure where he came in the kierans, probably first, he was second yesterday in the Sprint.

timyone

Postby timyone » 30 Nov 2009, 10:09

Dad said it was a pity that every one wasnt wearing red, especially in the wheel race where there were so many of us in the top ten :(

timyone

Postby timyone » 02 Dec 2009, 08:04

There should really be a lot more partying going on about all these top three places by Amy, depending on raw rankings (which she didnt get to ride alot of because of work commitments) she must be up there in line for track cyclist f the year, on results (ok i dont know how to compare top 5 placings at raw with this, as it actually takes a lot more riding to get a top 5 spot in raw)

(these pics are on http://nsw.cycling.org.au/?Page=35771 i just linked the pics to here, and ill probably buy my own copy of the second one)

Eventually these pics will be on http://www.actionsnaps.com.au

Stuart

Postby Stuart » 02 Dec 2009, 17:26

Looks like the women's elite race was close!

Return to “Track”