Ex DHBC club member Stephen Heathcote, the nephew of DHBC stalwarts (the late) Claude and Sonia Heathcote has donated some of his prizes and trophies. This will be handed over to the Inner West Council archives next week.
Left to Right:
1. Tray - "1954 Sydney - Goulburn, 5th, C. Heathcote.
2. Trophy/Cup - " Charlie Paris Trophy, D.H.B.C., Point Score Road Race, Won by C. Heathcote 1946".
3. DHABC spoon - No inscription. Was told this was given out by the club as a general prize from time to time.
4. Tea set (tea decanter and sugar container) - No inscription.
5. Small trophy - "D.H. A. B. C., Won by C. Heathcote 1948".
6. Large tea pot - "To Sonia and Claude on appreciation for sterling services rendered. From DHABC Social Club members" (undated).
7. Small box in front (Shaving set) - "1954 Amateur Six Day Race, Henson Park, C. Heathcote".
However these are not the earliest DHBC prizes that have recently surfaced. The great-great grand daughter of DHBC founder JC "Charlie' Paris (1879-1950), Julie Peruch, sent me some pics. The prize was from the Newtown Bicycle Club. JC Paris would probably have been a member of the Marrickville Bicycle Club in 1901. Paris was part of a group of M'ville BC members who broke away in 1908 to form the DHBC.
And the great great grand daughter of foundation member Edward 'Ted' Pink, Kylie Eykhof, provided the following pics of prizes.
A place for those keen on vintage and retro bikes - steel is real.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest