- C Heathcote prizes 1946-1980s.jpg (745.25 KiB) Viewed 946 times
Left to Right:
1. Tray - "1954 Sydney - Goulburn, 5th, C. Heathcote.
2. Trophy/Cup - " Charlie Paris Trophy, D.H.B.C., Point Score Road Race, Won by C. Heathcote 1946".
3. DHABC spoon - No inscription. Was told this was given out by the club as a general prize from time to time.
4. Tea set (tea decanter and sugar container) - No inscription.
5. Small trophy - "D.H. A. B. C., Won by C. Heathcote 1948".
6. Large tea pot - "To Sonia and Claude on appreciation for sterling services rendered. From DHABC Social Club members" (undated).
7. Small box in front (Shaving set) - "1954 Amateur Six Day Race, Henson Park, C. Heathcote".
However these are not the earliest DHBC prizes that have recently surfaced. The great-great grand daughter of DHBC founder JC "Charlie' Paris (1879-1950), Julie Peruch, sent me some pics. The prize was from the Newtown Bicycle Club. JC Paris would probably have been a member of the Marrickville Bicycle Club in 1901. Paris was part of a group of M'ville BC members who broke away in 1908 to form the DHBC.
- DHBC - NBCIM 7.12.01-JCParis prize.jpg (47.45 KiB) Viewed 946 times
And the great great grand daughter of foundation member Edward 'Ted' Pink, Kylie Eykhof, provided the following pics of prizes.
- 1912 DHBC medal - E Pink 2.jpg (58.09 KiB) Viewed 946 times
- 1912 DHBC medal - E Pink 1.jpg (65.53 KiB) Viewed 946 times