A descendent of C. E. 'Ted' Pink, probably one of the earliest young members of the DHBC has published pics of his medals. He apparently joined DHBC in 1910, just 2 years after its formation.
Info in Sonia Heathcoate's book 'Dulwich Hill Cycling Days' (1988) is not very correct in relation to the Pinks connection with JC Charlie Paris. Paris' great grand daughter has since clarified this info.
Kylie Eyrhof, daughter of DHBC member Edward Charles Pink jnr (1924-2004) and grand daughter of Charles Edward Pink snr (1881-1972) said Pink snr moved to Narwee and lived the rest of his life there till he died age 91. He was a carpenter by trade and built his own home as well as her dad, Edward Charles Pink junior (1924-2004) and also his 2 daughters. Pink jnr rode with the DHBC but quit very early. Kylie describes CE Pink snr as a lovely man. He was a great supporter of his son's cycling too. Pink jnr is survived by his wife who is still going strong at 85 years living at Crescent Head where she and her husband retired to about 30 years ago. One of CE Pink snr's grandchildren was Robert Burton who was a very good cyclist in Nowra, he died a few years ago.
C. E. 'Ted' Pink snr around 1910 (Source: S. Heathcoate, 1988)
- CE 'Ted' Pink 1910.jpg (988.48 KiB) Viewed 337 times
Photos of a DHBC prize won by Pink in a 1912 event, the DHBC 20 mile Road Championship. (Courtesy of Kylie Eykhof)
- 1912 DHBC medal - E Pink 2.jpg (58.09 KiB) Viewed 337 times
- 1912 DHBC medal - E Pink 1.jpg (65.53 KiB) Viewed 337 times
(Courtesy of Kylie Eykhof)
1949-50 DHBC Track Championship Sash - won by E Pink (CE 'Ted' Pink). (Courtesy of Kylie Eykhof)
- 1949-50 DHBC Snr Track Championship Sash - CE Ted Pink.jpg (113.06 KiB) Viewed 208 times
In 1913, CE Ted Pink snr was part of a group who cycled from Sydney to Brisbane. (Courtesy of Julie Peruch)
- CE Ted Pink - Syd-Bris 1913.jpg (280.51 KiB) Viewed 337 times
[i].... and in 1914 he rode to Melbourne (Courtesy of Julie Peruch)
- CE Ted Pink - Tour to Melb 1914.jpg (250.13 KiB) Viewed 337 times
- Ruth Pink with Ted snr 1912 DHBC prize.jpg (51.44 KiB) Viewed 210 times
Grand daughter, Ruth Pink with Ted snr's DHBC 1912 race trophy.
- 1949 E.Pink and C.E.Pink with Trophies.jpg (104.3 KiB) Viewed 209 times
Ted Pink senior (right) with his son Ted Pink junior (1924-2004) and his wife. Ted junior was a keen racer himself and rode with the DHBC from the late 1930s.
- Ted Pink snr. DHBC foundation member 1891-early 1960s.jpg (45.5 KiB) Viewed 210 times
Ted Pink senior as an old man, probably in the late 1960s.