Now just plain old for sale - Orbea Lobular TLT

Bikes and parts for sale plus links to "On Sale" items at bike shops
GregPankhurst

Postby GregPankhurst » 29 Mar 2014, 17:53

So I've bitten off a stupidly large amount and am chewing furiously. I'm aiming for a run at the 3 Peaks 2015. My run at 3 peaks 2013 got rather rudely interrupted, and I feel like I've got unfinished business. And aiming high can't be a bad thing.

As part of the buildup, I was thinking a steed with more of an endurance geometry might be in order. If I'm going to try run 230km up some bloody steep mountains, I'm going to want to be comfy. My current machine, an Orbea Lobular TLT, has quite a racy geometry, and is build for speed rather than comfort. So I was looking to move the current beast.

The Orbea Lobular TLT wasn't exactly a common model. It's exceptionally light and stiff. Here's the marketing spiel from Orbea: We present the Lobular, created with carbon fibres and a rear triangle and chassis with the optimum relationship between lightness and stiffness. The result is a bike that’s totally guaranteed, ideal for amateurs who feel like professionals on the road.

Who is the Lobular designed for?

Lobular is designed for aluminium lovers. Great sensations on the road, that feeling of authenticity... people who love to compete, people who realise the importance for their progress of having the right bike. People who know what they want, who love competition, who want the perfect partner for their hobby to help them get the most out of riding, whatever their routes or challenges.

The frame is comparatively new (2012). My mate Simon (who I bought it off) had a Orbea Euskatel team bike that experienced some bottom bracket issues. They replaced with the Orbea Lobular TLT, but as Simon had bought a new bike in the interim (a Look), he sold the Lobular to me with 50 km on it tops.

The bike (which is aluminium with a carbon rear triangle) comes with a Look carbon fork, Dura Ace gruppo (9 speed) Mavic Ksyriums and 3T Ergnova bars, so it's well kitted out. The Lobular was a pretty upmarket frame, so it's in keeping with that. Currently I'm running a FSA compact crankset, but I have the original Dura Ace in 53/39. Up to you what it comes with.

Here 'tis.

Size? Well I'm 5 foot 9 and it's spot on.

And the bike has been given a very thorough once over since my crash, and has been given a clean bill of health. Somewhat ironically it fared far better than myself in my crash. The bike is in very good condition - some cosmetic nicks and scratches, but still rather neat.

All the gruppo is in good order, has been regularly serviced and shifts well. Running 12-28 at the back, but have the 12-25 DA cluster. Up to you what you'd like.

Currently has a saddle that suits my wide arse (Specialized Romin Evo) and A530 pedals (SPDs) that I'd like to keep. If that's a big deal to you I'll find some alternatives

Was looking for $750

GregPankhurst

Postby GregPankhurst » 04 Apr 2014, 17:32

Not that there was a exactly a frenzy of activity, but the bike is sold. Via Gumtree believe it or not

timothy_clifford

Postby timothy_clifford » 04 Apr 2014, 20:02

For some reason I thought you rode a Scott. Weird.

Return to “For Sale”