WANTED: short term loan of Track bike wheels/chainring & cog

Bikes and parts for sale plus links to "On Sale" items at bike shops
Jacqui

Postby Jacqui » 02 Sep 2013, 17:48

Hi Everyone,

I started Saturday Track with Jess several months ago and have been at the track on a few wednesday nights.

I am looking to buy a track bike and in the mean time I have been lent a track bike frame, bars etc so I can set it up to suit me and get a real feel for track.

However I am in need of a set of track bike wheels & tyres, chain ring and rear cog

Are there any club members who have some spare components at home that I could borrow and use for a short while until I buy my own track bike

Thanks for your help ... Jacqui

Julio

Postby Julio » 02 Sep 2013, 20:54

Size? I am not allowed to use my Track bike till this time next year so I might be able to help you out.

Jacqui

Postby Jacqui » 02 Sep 2013, 21:08

Hi Julio,

Sorry to hear you can't use your track bike for a while.

I have borrowed a frame, 54cm-55cm with fork, cranks, chain and bars. I have bought a ladies saddle (in anticipation of having my own track bike). To complete the bike I would like to borrow some wheels, chain ring and rear cog, just for a while.

Thanks jacqui

JoTheBuilder

Postby JoTheBuilder » 03 Sep 2013, 18:21

Hi Jacqui,

I think Julian means you can borrow his whole bike. And while we're there, you are welcome to borrow mine! I have a female seat on mine too. I'd rather not pull it apart at this stage but you're welcome to use it until you decide on one?

Jo

timyone

Postby timyone » 04 Sep 2013, 10:33

Rear cogs are quite cheap, you could possibly just buy one in advance, as your new bike might be on crazy small gearing.

Jacqui

Postby Jacqui » 04 Sep 2013, 14:44

Hi Jacqui,

I think Julian means you can borrow his whole bike. And while we're there, you are welcome to borrow mine! I have a female seat on mine too. I'd rather not pull it apart at this stage but you're welcome to use it until you decide on one?

Jo
Thanks Jo and Julian, your offer is very generous ans I am feeling a little overwhelmed and speechless at your offers to borrow your track bike. I will contact you via pm

Tim, thanks for the tip on rear cogs, I only checked the price of track wheels

Jacqui

Return to “For Sale”