Husky100 Dec 13 Jervis Bay

For the MTB and mud/dirt/rock lovers...
Tam

Postby Tam » 31 Oct 2014, 21:02

I've just entered the Husky100 (50k version) in Jervis Bay with a couple of friends doing the 100. Any DHBC riders going? It doesn't look too technical, and not a lot of climbing, would be a good event for someone starting out MTB riding.

Richard

Postby Richard » 05 Nov 2014, 07:56

Tam

Can't do it this year. A few DHBC'ers did it last year when it was in October.

We had a dry course. It is very tight and twisty although
if it rains it becomes a quagmire in places.

Lindsay had the right idea of carrying a rag and a small bottle of chain lube for a quick drivetrain clean. Probably not an issue for the 50.

Enjoy. Good atmosphere and well organised race.

Richard

Jubas

Postby Jubas » 16 Nov 2014, 21:16

Hi Tam - I'll be having a crack at the 100km version. I normally race 50km, but given I've had such a poor year for training/racing due to work, I thought i'd stretch myself and try to finish the 100km in a reasonable time.

I've raced the Husky 50km before and it's a pretty flat and fast course, unless it rains of course. I'd rate it a similar difficulty to the Convict 50km if you've done that before. The husky has slightly less climbing from memory, although does include some (fun!) single track

I'm going to drive down and camp on the Fri/Sat nights. Unfortunately, there's no camping at the race venue, so i'm down at Myola camping ground, just south of Callala

Adam

Tam

Postby Tam » 19 Nov 2014, 19:35

Hey Adam

Great to hear another DHBC person will be there. Not sure of logistics my side yet, I'll be going down with three friends I think...Loved the Convict 50 so happy to hear it may be similar. will keep an eye out for you.

Tam

Jubas

Postby Jubas » 23 Feb 2015, 15:06

Well, the rescheduled version of this is on Saturday. I've dropped down from the 100km version to the 50km version given that Capital Punishment is the following weekend.

I'll be down there in either my DH kit, or MC Cycles gear (Black with light blue stripe across the chest)

Return to “Mountain”