Hornsby MTB track

For the MTB and mud/dirt/rock lovers...
Tam

Postby Tam » 23 May 2013, 22:37

Did the Hornsby trail on Sunday with AliG. Really technical and tight 4k circuit, keeps you busy the entire time with switchbacks tight turns and very crafted trail. The second half with smooth big banked berms heaps of fun. Not so keen on the first half - climbs tight corners and wooden ramps and elevated sections. Black runs insane - narrow log rides at height which I wouldn't attempt. Ali and I had crashes but it got easier after a coup,e of laps and more familiarity.

MtbAnt

Postby MtbAnt » 29 May 2013, 23:09

As in Old Man Valley? Left at the quarry? I haven't ridden there, but heard of it recently. Sounds like fun anyhow, a good alternative to St Ives and Manly Dam! Chuck the *hackspit* roadie in and do a gorge or three afterwards :)

AliG

Postby AliG » 04 Jun 2013, 22:49

Yep, that's the one. Down Quarry Rd. They've done a great job with it - part of it has been left pretty rocky and more natural and part has had a lot of work done to make it smoother and faster. And lots and lots of bridges to protect the more marshy areas. Those marshy areas are a great place to land, if you happen to fall off one of the bridges...

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 05 Jun 2013, 10:54

Like the sound of that one. Next time someone is going, give me an invite

Return to “Mountain”