2 Good People in 2 City Bike Shops

Bicycle related chatter & discussion
geoff m

Postby geoff m » 02 Jul 2007, 23:08

OK, time to give a good rap to 2 people in 2 reputable bike shops!

I've bought 2 bikes from Anthony Challinor of Clarence Street Cycles and sent 2 people to him to buy a bike to which he threw in more than the customary 10% discount, gave good advice and helped with accessories with further discounts. Always helpful, cheerful and genuine. Whilst he can look after anyone, he seems to be very good to those new into cycling, and not intimidating.

The only time I don't like seeing Anthony is when he regularly rides from Scratch and he flies buy us Limit guys.

Hugh Flower is the other guy in City Bike Depot Kent Street Sydney. I bought some Sprint Look Keo pedals from Cell Bikes which developed a fault. I rang Albert and he asked me to bring them in, but because I couldn't get to his shop that weekend I checked out City Bike Depot next door to work to see if I could buy a spare part to fix them. Hugh spoke to me and was more than happy to contact Look and arrange for them to be returned with my proof of purchase from Cell Bikes. It took a bit of time, but sure enough, I got a new pair of pedals. Thanks Hugh. (I then serviced my bike there).

I understand City Bike Depot are having a massive sale the end of this week finishing Friday 13th July.

Also, Alan, one of the other guys who works there, was looking to join a club (a roadie from Scotland) and I've convinced him to have a spin with us. If you see him, give him a warm welcome.

weiyun

Postby weiyun » 02 Jul 2007, 23:48

Adam from CBD has always been friendly and very knowledgeable.

timyone

Postby timyone » 08 Jul 2007, 13:11

both these places are nearly opposite my work hey
i should check out the sale

Return to “Conversation”