Centenary Dinner

Bicycle related chatter & discussion
Adrian E

Postby Adrian E » 24 Nov 2008, 09:11

Wooho! That was a great night.

Big thanks to Chris and Lindsay for putting so much effort into organising everything, Simon Sharwood for doing the photos and Geoff M for being the MC. The bike parking display was a lovely touch. Two of fav parts of the night was when Mike Tomalaris mentioned how big our bunches were getting... and when Ron Peek commended to club for putting such a big effort into opens.

DHBC rocks!

insomniac

Postby insomniac » 24 Nov 2008, 10:50

yeah..had a great time, really enjoyed Mike Tomelaris and Steve Hogg's presentation. And it was good (as a newish member) to meet other members who I haven't had chance to meet on weekend rides.

THANKS to all those who invested their time and effort into organising the evening.

geoff m

Postby geoff m » 24 Nov 2008, 13:10

Adrian,

Don't forget yourself....

Hours and days in helping mail out the invitations, minutes of the meetings we all had, to keep us on track.... and much more.....

Great that so many people in this club can contribute so much of their time to make it what it is. Thankyou to all

mikesbytes

Postby mikesbytes » 24 Nov 2008, 14:58

Great night. Would like to thank Lindsay and everyone else involved in its organisation.

Alex and I did the Sunday ride. I was a tad tired after getting home at 1am :)

simon.sharwood

Postby simon.sharwood » 24 Nov 2008, 16:32

I second everyone and everything in this thread, times a hundred.
Was a fine night.
I sat with Margaret McLachlan (first woman in NSW to get a racing license and Syd-Mel record holder in DHBC colours) and she was a hoot!

micklan

Postby micklan » 25 Nov 2008, 14:43

It was a great night, the speakers were of the highest calibre, you can't buy such a line up...

Geoff M was an excellent MC for the night - the event was really well run and organized. Thanks for the trophy - so many very improved riders in the club and I was lucky to get it...wow :D

Thanks
Last edited by micklan on 29 Nov 2008, 07:40, edited 1 time in total.

SuzieSpiro

Postby SuzieSpiro » 25 Nov 2008, 20:10

Yes many thanks indeed to all those that put in such hard work to make the centenary dinner happen, we had a great time. Good venue and great company! DHBC is such a welcoming group, there are all shapes, sizes and personalities but somehow we all get on well together. Thanks to Lindsay, Adrian, Christopher, Geoff and anyone else who contributed to the organisation of the night. By the way, loved the graphics on the dinner tickets - cool photo! So when's the next dinner?!!

SuzieSpiro

Postby SuzieSpiro » 25 Nov 2008, 20:11

Oops sorry Simon - meant to say thanks for doing the photos. Great job!

geoffs

Postby geoffs » 26 Nov 2008, 19:23

Many thanks to all involved in making the dinner such a great night. Marian and I really enjoyed ourselves and it was really great to win the Machine award.

Looking forward to seeing some photos.

geoff m

Postby geoff m » 26 Nov 2008, 21:10

OK

Here is the first photos, published in latest edition of The Glebe.

http://glebe.whereilive.com.au/sport/st ... n-cycling/

Should be out on the streets tomorrow.

The journalist Lana Lam is also keen to come along and ride with us on Saturday Slowies and hopefully has made contact with Lindsay now on this. Maybe this Saturday? (Lindsay, did she contact you? and when will she come with us?)

Would be great if we all get out there on the Saturday in our Club jerseys to put a good show on for the article.

The other news is that the Valley Times will run an article tomorrow as well. I think it will be the presentation of the cup from CNSW.

Yay.

Good to get the press.

Return to “Conversation”