Help- but in a good way

Bicycle related chatter & discussion
Lizanne

Postby Lizanne » 21 Oct 2013, 10:11

Hey Guys,

After my devastating loss of my road bike last week, i would love it if you guys can help me help others by donating (even small dontations) to JDRF- juvenile diabetes research foundation.
Juvenile is the type 1 diabetes that both Toff and Vic have- I also have several cousins and a family history with the disease. I'm so lucky it skipped me and my sisters because, if anyone has seen me around needles... i just wouldn't be able to cope with insulin injections every day. people with te disease are just so strong.

I've signed up with my work to do the 'tour of the Barrossa' in January. and my fundraising goal is a whopping $3500. about half of that will come from the company so i'm aiming for $1500. totally do-able.

so if anyone wants to skip a coffee or two and help support my fundraising, that would be awesome.
here's the link http://ride.jdrf.org.au/TeamTelstra/LizanneWilmot/

Thanks Heaps!
Lizanne

p.s- because my road bike is gone the plan is to do the 160km on my fixie!

timothy_clifford

Postby timothy_clifford » 21 Oct 2013, 20:34

TeamTelstra? Tell me it's not so!

Lizanne

Postby Lizanne » 22 Oct 2013, 07:17

ya :oops:
I actually work for sensis... well i work in the digital mapping part so whereis, and all the fancy maps in your garmin.
i got roped in because i was one of the 'experienced' riders in the office. and now i get to help with training. yippee

Return to “Conversation”