Zoo to Zoo - October 2013

Bicycle related chatter & discussion
Derek

Postby Derek » 22 Jan 2013, 15:19

Hello All,

I am seeking some support from the friendly members of DHBC.

I have somewhat foolishly agreed to complete (attempt) the Zoo to Zoo in October. It leaves Taronga Zoo in Sydney and 3 short days later we arrive at Western plains Zoo in Dubbo. The first day of riding winds through Sydney from Mosman and finishing in Mount Victoria in the Blue Mountains. Day 2 is a short ride (180+ klms) from Mount Victoria to Molong. The final day of riding is a short 115 kilometre roll from Molong and finishing in Dubbo.

The ride is to raise funds for the Black Dog Institute, they provide valuable research into, and prevention of mood disorders like bi polar and depression. I am sure that everyone has come into contact with someone suffering from a mood disorder. No doubt some of you will know first hand what it is like to be diagnosed with a mood disorder. People diagnosed with these disorders can find it very difficult to "get through" the day and rely heavily on a loving, supportive and caring support network.

So all I need from you guys is a little bit of support. On the link below you will find ways to support this great cause. Any amount of support how big or little is appreciated.

I will update the site over the coming weeks and months with some photos of training rides and my experience along the way.

http://www.everydayhero.com.au/derek_wolfenden

So dig deep and help a great cause.

Thanks Derek

JoTheBuilder

Postby JoTheBuilder » 22 Jan 2013, 16:33

Looks like a great ride for a great cause... How far is the first day?

Derek

Postby Derek » 22 Jan 2013, 16:52

Looks like a great ride for a great cause... How far is the first day?
A pleasent 142 kilometres. I will jhave to try and find the route on Garmin or Strava to see how much climbing. I am glad I looked at all of these important things before signing up :D

jimmy

Postby jimmy » 31 Jan 2013, 13:40

A pleasent 142 kilometres. I will jhave to try and find the route on Garmin or Strava to see how much climbing. I am glad I looked at all of these important things before signing up :D
Assuming the route is the same as 2011. Some riders from the Renegade Group did it then. Here's a link to their post that also includes gradients.

http://www.jamescheetham.net/Renegade/f ... =146&p=665

James

Return to “Conversation”