Ride to Conquer Cancer

Bicycle related chatter & discussion
Nozzle

Postby Nozzle » 30 May 2012, 17:54

This year I will be riding in the Sun Super Ride to Conquer Cancer. This is a 200km ride in October that will raise funds for the Lifehouse @ Royal Prince Alfred Hospital.

As some of you may know, my step mother Helen was diagnosed with bowel cancer a number of years ago and since then has been in and out of treatment both at RPA and The Canberra Hospital on a regular basis.

Please help me in my challenge meet my goal of $2500 for this worthy charity to support the Lifehouse unit @ RPA. To find out more, please visit: http://www.conquercancer.org.au

To make a donation please visit my page here: http://sy12.conquercancer.org.au/site/T ... fr_id=1070 . All donations are 100% tax deductible.

Cheers,

Noel

Hashtag

Postby Hashtag » 30 May 2012, 18:30

It's a great cause! Hope everyone can support you.
I will be riding too so hopefully see you at start. :)

JoTheBuilder

Postby JoTheBuilder » 30 May 2012, 20:09

I'll also be there! We started a thread earlier and I've set up a Dulwich Hill Bicycle Club page and the link can be found here...

Good luck with your fundraising!

Nozzle

Postby Nozzle » 30 May 2012, 20:28

Didn't see the thread. I got enlisted by me Dad last week and will be doing the ride with him and my brother. Will keep an eye on the thread and see you all there. Looks like it will be fun.

Bill K CX

Postby Bill K CX » 17 Jun 2012, 20:49

I have also registered last year.
Didn't realize at the time DHBC had a team registered.
Anyways, those who have or will register, will see you all there in OCT.

Any hints/advice re fundraising :?: would be appreciated. :D
Despite being a worthwhile cause, finding getting people to actually commit to donating challenging

JoTheBuilder

Postby JoTheBuilder » 18 Jun 2012, 19:49

Hi Bill,

One thing about the website is that you can commit to an amount but choose to have it deducted from your credit card monthly/weekly etc. So someone can choose to donate $100 but have it deducted monthly which means only $20 is deducted from their credit card a month (over 5 months, or $10 over 10 months). Much more manageable for a lot of people. I got my sister and mum to set up donations using a monthly deduction so they were willing to donate more. Perhaps you can try that strategy?

Then just email, email, email...

Nozzle

Postby Nozzle » 18 Jun 2012, 21:33

I'm almost half way there....

I'm starting to work on corporate sponsors, but the GFC has hit a lot of marketing budgets for some of the vendors we use through work. Even my employer used to offer matched funding but this too has been cut. Time to hit up the CEO direct!!!

Return to “Conversation”